Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 03:29 PM

17 posts, read 79,140 times

Advertisements

I always liked Laguna and Crystal Cove but haven't swam there in years. Getting sick pretty well turned me off to swimming in SoCal beaches. I had lived in Hawaii, Okinawa, and Phillippines and the beaches were clean over there. I can't bring myself to swim in water that is so polluted they have to post NO SWIMMING signs frequently.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:52 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
I'm 38.....grew up in San Diego. I'm sure there is a difference compared to 20 years ago....I've just never had pus coming out of my eyes or urinary infections due to swimming in the ocean. Never swam in Newport though. Do you ever venture south to go to the beach?
Two years ago both my niece and my husband got an infection from swimming in the waters in Carlsbad. No signs were up, it had not rained...but it was definitely from the water. You can pretend it isn't a problem and can pretend away the cause, but that changes nothing.
MBG

Old 04-01-2007, 06:03 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Two years ago both my niece and my husband got an infection from swimming in the waters in Carlsbad. No signs were up, it had not rained...but it was definitely from the water. You can pretend it isn't a problem and can pretend away the cause, but that changes nothing.
MBG
If your refering to me....I'm not saying there isn't a problem with the water...I've just never had a bad experience in the water in San Diego. Spent most of my time in La Jolla waters as that is where I'm from...my parents still live there. Like airwing though...if i ever get sick or get an infection...I'm out for good!!

Old 04-01-2007, 06:38 PM

470 posts, read 1,708,071 times
I'm a native San Diegan, currently living in Bakersfield, and about to relocate for my husband's job out of state. I must stick up for myself and others like me - I'm unfailingly courteous to other drivers, and friendly to people I meet out and about. I feel confident there are people like me everywhere. I look for them.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:29 PM

20 posts, read 67,151 times
We are leaving because people like me want Mexico to take it back. I teach English and most of my students are born to illegals, have been here since birth or preschool age (but still barely speak English), and have parents that expect me to speak Spanish. I am expected to water down my curriculum or just pass them along! I have two children, and I want them to earn their grades; not be passed along because the majority of their class can't speak English.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 PM
MG1

37 posts, read 113,259 times
I already moved away because:

1) I'm not a millionaire so I can't live in Malibu, and don't want to live in an area with graffiti, shopping carts that are miles from the grocery store, and my child being the only non-Spanish speaker in the entire school (funny how they use the word "diversity" to describe a school where all the students speak only Spanish)

2) Traffic. 'Nuff said there.

In reality I love California, where we were in the LA area. I'd move back tomorrow if it were feasible. I do love diversity (true diversity that is, which would mean not only Spanish, but also English, Vietnamese, Arabic, Persian, etc. all together) and the weather can't be beat. But until prices come out of the stratosphere and are in line with wages, forget it. It ain't worth it, and I can find a beach in tons of places around the country, or a lake, or a river.......

Old 04-06-2007, 10:14 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,728,348 times
Was listening to Adam Corolla this morning on Free 97.1 and he pointed out what I had said a few days ago about this. If we replaced all the Mexicans with French people. We would be like "Hey I love french toast, french fries and french people, but I dont want to live in France."
I mean this is California and America. Like I said, California sticks up for these illegal immigrants more than its own people. Because as you can see, everything pretty much caters to them. Whats going to happen in another 10 years? 75% hispanic? But as soon as we say anything we're racist and have to shut up automatically. It's because of the freedom and equality and the "temptation" as Geraldo Rivera put it to O'Reilly.
I dont see California doing anything about it now or in the future.
"They" want California back because certain people stole it from them and its really Mexico. Well they are getting it. We've seen how great of a job they've dont with Mexico itself and the great system they got going down there.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:29 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,859 times
In ten years it can very well be 75%!!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:32 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
This thread appears to have gone fairly off-topic and I don't see any new posts which add anything that hasn't already been said here.

You can discuss the illegal immigration topic in the immigration forum as is noted at the top of this forum. I am closing this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California