Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 02:43 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,291,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I'll just throw it out there that for a small fee, I'm willing to be the token female on any California corporation. Won't show up to Board meetings, won't ask questions, won't bother anyone.

Because guaranteed a bunch of the new females on Boards next year will be just the same.

Funny, I thought the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 05:31 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,169,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
More women go college than men and most already make more than men. If more become board members, than it's a sign of changing times.
Men are:

Much more more likely to be drug addicted.
Much more likely to be homeless (whereas women are less likely to be because they have things they can provide in exchange for rental expenses).
[and boys are] Doing poorly in school and while girls are excelling since we treat boys like defective girls in school.
Much more likely to die younger --- the gender age gap -- yet there is no outcry.
Expected to fight wars and are subject to the draft.
Being sidelined from even STEM fields since women are currently preferred there.
Sidelined from recruitment efforts as compared to females.
Vastly over-represented in mining, yet there is no outcry.
Vastly over-represented in refuse collection, yet there is no outcry.
Vastly over-represented in janitorial services, yet there is no outcry.
Vastly over-represented in construction, yet there is no outcry.
Vastly over-represented in services such as plumbing, masonry, electrical work, etc. yet there is no outcry.
Vastly over-represented in the military, yet there is no outcry except for the top positions.

IN SUM, women are privileged. Plus they can make an allegation of rape/sexual abuse at any time and are instantly believed without corroborating evidence, because...women.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:09 PM

914 posts, read 645,736 times
you think he's paying off favors for good karma? Probably. That's what career politicians do. I see it first hand daily. it is worst than sychophants. it is SICK. Just say NO to Gavin for all of our sakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Looks like he is trying to approve all the special requests before leaving office. I am voting yes on the gas and car tax repeal to hopefully send him home defeated on at least one thing.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:05 PM

872 posts, read 598,580 times
Think of ALL the groups he snubbed by excluding them from this law!!!! ..way to go greasy gavin and dirty jerry ....you rat finks...way to give the finger to everyone but women...

Old 10-03-2018, 03:58 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,906,883 times
I think it's a good idea for maybe a decade or so just so this becomes the norm then we can take it away once companies have gotten used to it, and once females are fully adjusted to the corporate environment.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:16 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,524,848 times
Love the way Brown and this state tries to micro-manage every aspect of daily life. "Yes, I want a straw in my soda, dammit!"

Old 10-05-2018, 03:08 PM

19,245 posts, read 16,757,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Love the way Brown and this state tries to micro-manage every aspect of daily life. "Yes, I want a straw in my soda, dammit!"
I AGREE! And I want to buy the brand of cocoa powder I want without the state banning it because of some silly arsenic controversy. All cocoa has arsenic. I bet Hershey had something to do with it. j/k

Old 10-05-2018, 04:13 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,918,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Vote John Cox and hopefully California would return to normal. He'll make California great again!

It will never happen California won't vote in a Trump wingman.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:24 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,783,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Vote John Cox and hopefully California would return to normal. He'll make California great again!
+1

Agree 100%.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:36 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,809,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
It will never happen California won't vote in a Trump wingman.
I like underdogs. So I will vote for him. It's OK if he won't win. Voting my way against the opposing hundreds, thousands, or even millions is, in itself, a win for me. That's my California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: