Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 05:17 PM

3,274 posts, read 3,937,766 times

Advertisements

I know you like to think of yourself as an educated man, but if you were truly educated you'd know the only way to solve any problem is with more money. Because the millions we've spent fixing California's problem isn't quite enough.

And how do we get more money? Easy peasy lemon squeezey, raise taxes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2019, 05:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Why? California isn’t “controlled by one party” either. It’s controlled by voters, who can change the dynamics anytime they see a reason to. This state isn’t an autocracy. There’s no king on a throne or general in charge of a state dictatorial army. If conservatives / republicans addressed the concerns of the majority better than the liberal / democrats, the majority would change.

You have an odd definition of “control”.

Boy are the readers going to be treated to a blast of wisecracks after this post! Lol
oh, it is going to be fun for sure.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:14 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I know you like to think of yourself as an educated man, but if you were truly educated you'd know the only way to solve any problem is with more money. Because the millions we've spent fixing California's problem isn't quite enough.

And how do we get more money? Easy peasy lemon squeezey, raise taxes
Andrew Yang is looking interesting so far with his “human centered capitalism”
https://www.yang2020.com/

Personally, I’d prefer a halt to all immigration except by critical qualification ... and then world-wide incentives for people to limit reproduction while we roll back to a planet of under a billion, at most. 500,000,000 would be better.

I’d also like more sugar-free apple pies available ... and no, I don’t mean with sugar-substitutes either.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:31 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times
"Personally, I’d prefer a halt to all immigration except by critical qualification"

How Trumpian.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:36 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,369,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
"Personally, I’d prefer a halt to all immigration except by critical qualification"

How Trumpian.
Well, no. Trump agrees with me (and a number of others, mostly conservatives). I don’t agree with him

But I have been stating this on these fora since before Chump was even elected.

No doubt he took my idea

Old 06-10-2019, 09:27 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,957,670 times
What is the California dream? I am curious to read your thoughts about it, as I am am a New Englander not as familiar with California.

California is a beautiful state with temperate weather, I would love to own to a second home there.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:33 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Not true at all it depends on your self imposed limitations
It depends on what you are willing to do and what you are able to do
Bought a house in San Francisco when I was a clerk typist and wife a housekeeper
People were whining then just like they do now
No difference

Old 06-10-2019, 09:37 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
“There’s no Alabama dream, no Kentucky dream,” Gov. Gavin Newsom recently said. “There’s only the California dream, attainable and aspirational.”

Obviously, there are huge limitations to that dream. What do you think?

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...609-story.html
If your household makes under $200,000 in California, you're basically living the life of a pauper, paycheck to paycheck, or are on some form of government assistance.

I guarantee 95% of the California "property owner class" couldn't survive 6 months without any monthly income.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:41 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, no. Trump agrees with me (and a number of others, mostly conservatives). I don’t agree with him

But I have been stating this on these fora since before Chump was even elected.

No doubt he took my idea
I rarely agree with Tulemutt, but dude has been consistent in his anti-human immigrant rhetoric for as long as I've been posting here.

He probably would THANOS the state if he could.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:33 AM

545 posts, read 514,298 times
My gut feeling was always that Newsom would preside over a California economy in decline, because that is just the timing of it and he's that kind of guy who easily gets blamed for things

I think we see a recession during his tenure and then a flattening to slow uptick toward the end of it but either way he gets the boot in 2022
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California