Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM

3,272 posts, read 3,935,073 times

Advertisements

You gotta love the weather here, or you'd move
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 11:47 AM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Frankly, I think the background check on ammo purchase is a good thing. Bullets are the real danger. An empty gun is of little value, unless you're going to use it to whack someone over the head.

As for the gax tax. I didn't realize increases were going to be automatic and done indefinitely. Was that on the ballot or did we even vote on it? I don't remember, partly because I'm getting old and forget a lot but partly there are so many things we vote on, I can't keep them all straight.

And as far as marijuana sales? Pfffffft whatever

Old 07-01-2019, 12:39 PM

1,203 posts, read 668,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
You gotta love the weather here, or you'd move
The only one of those that affects me is the $0.06/gallon. Based on my general usage that's about $40 dollars a year. I am not going to move over $40 a year. What kind of moron would do that?

Old 07-01-2019, 12:43 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad debt View Post
The only one of those that affects me is the $0.06/gallon. Based on my general usage that's about $40 dollars a year. I am not going to move over $40 a year. What kind of moron would do that?
Stay tuned. This forum is loaded with people who are ready to pull up stakes over the likes. Nevermind the $20 + grand it costs to move and set up a new life and home ....

Old 07-01-2019, 01:24 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Frankly, I think the background check on ammo purchase is a good thing. Bullets are the real danger. An empty gun is of little value, unless you're going to use it to whack someone over the head.

As for the gax tax. I didn't realize increases were going to be automatic and done indefinitely. Was that on the ballot or did we even vote on it? I don't remember, partly because I'm getting old and forget a lot but partly there are so many things we vote on, I can't keep them all straight.

I can make a box of ammo in 5 minutes and the last thing I will ever see is a back ground check. Anyone prohibited that travels at all out of State will still buy it out of State.

They make a hand loader with all the toys for about 30 bucks. It's slow but loads just fine.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:30 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
looks like ammo will the new Cuban cigars.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:33 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:

The gas tax will go up every year to keep up with the consumer price index. That was part of the prop that passed in 2017. California now has the highest gas tax in the nation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...outputType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.10n...-1%3f_amp=true

Old 07-01-2019, 04:25 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I can make a box of ammo in 5 minutes and the last thing I will ever see is a back ground check. Anyone prohibited that travels at all out of State will still buy it out of State.

They make a hand loader with all the toys for about 30 bucks. It's slow but loads just fine.
YOU make your own ammo. Who the heck are you, Davey Crockett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
The gas tax will go up every year to keep up with the consumer price index. That was part of the prop that passed in 2017. California now has the highest gas tax in the nation.
We actually voted for that? Gave them free reign to raise it every single year? Boy oh boy, I hope it's worth it. smh

Old 07-01-2019, 05:26 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:

We actually voted for that? Gave them free reign to raise it every single year? Boy oh boy, I hope it's worth it. smh
It was worth it to the politicians.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:24 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:

I have to correct myself. The leeches in Sacramento raised the gas tax. Prop 6 was on the Nov 2018 ballot to repeal the tax. The opposition to the prop presented the tax as a 12 cent per gallon increase to repair the roads. They didn’t advertise the yearly increase.

I’d bet if the truth was known about the tax it would have been repealed. You need the politicians to be honest or you need the voters to be informed and read the whole prop. That’s a lot to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California