Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2021, 05:42 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,700,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
While I wouldn't vote to recall him--too late in the game, and I don't think anyone else is up to the task--I feel that he has really blown it, especially after reading this article, which is about a federal lawsuit aimed at opening local restaurants. (And I really did assume that some actual scientific testing was done before it was decided to close outdoor restaurants.)

According to attorney Mark Geragos, Gov. Gavin Newsom, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and Erica Pan, acting state public health officer, have seized upon the coronavirus pandemic to expand their authority by unprecedented lengths.

According to the lawsuit, the “Big Six” production studios have donated heavily to elected officials and campaigns across California. Netflix and its employees, the lawsuit states, gave $135,950; Walt Disney and Co. and its employees gave $183,999; Paramount and its employees gave $119,308; Sony and its employees gave $27,961; Comcast NBCUniversal and its employees gave $251,588; and Warner Bros. and its employees gave $77,050.

The campaign donations were made as the firms also deployed lobbyists to shape the pandemic rules governing the entertainment industry, according to the suit.

https://www.pasadenanow.com/main/att...nts-to-reopen/
This is a big reason why he needs to be recalled though. You really want him doing this same crap for another term or even worse in a higher office later on down the road? He works for lobbyists, not the people of CA.

Old 01-20-2021, 05:51 PM

19,227 posts, read 16,739,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
This is a big reason why he needs to be recalled though. You really want him doing this same crap for another term or even worse in a higher office later on down the road? He works for lobbyists, not the people of CA.
Interesting you say that. Just the other day, I heard another politician saying the same thing; that Newsom has always catered to lobbyists so why would anyone expect his term as governor to be anything different. What CA4Now posted truly is frustrating. He's managed to fool a lot of people but his ineptitude during this crisis is proof he doesn't have what it takes to run a country. I hope voters are paying attention because I could bet the farm on it that he'll be throwing his hat in the ring for the 2024 election

Old 01-20-2021, 06:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,700,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Interesting you say that. Just the other day, I heard another politician saying the same thing; that Newsom has always catered to lobbyists so why would anyone expect his term as governor to be anything different. What CA4Now posted truly is frustrating. He's managed to fool a lot of people but his ineptitude during this crisis is proof he doesn't have what it takes to run a country. I hope voters are paying attention because I could bet the farm on it that he'll be throwing his hat in the ring for the 2024 election
Yup, he's always been a slimeball. He is good at distracting voters with empty crap like madating electric vehicles so they think he's actually accomplishing something worthwhile as CA's problems continue to get worse.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:04 PM

It's his pretty face. It's very distracting.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:22 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,463,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You misquoted me in your post.

They quoted your post verbatim.
Maybe you mean they misrepresented your view? Nothing was misquoted or taken out of context though.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:28 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,463,317 times
Quote:
Typical Shady Newsom, this guy is basically democrat Trump.

"In July, Newsom’s emergency services director told elected officials in the Central Valley cities of Atwater and Coalinga that they would need to “rescind” resolutions allowing all businesses to remain open — and that failure to so would mean the cities would forfeit their share of coronavirus relief funds. Neither city did so and the state blocked $212,358 earmarked for Coalinga and $387,428 for Atwater. The money was later spent by the state on coronavirus testing programs in those communities.

But auditors reported that Newsom administration officials could provide no proof of a formal process for evaluating local coronavirus-related ordinances."

Their (well, Newsom's) defense would be that the breadth of the emergency order allows them to act arbitrarily and apply unwritten policy with capriciousness. That's actually what the new formal process seems to be these days. Yet another reason allowing this governor or any replacement to abuse the ESA is unwise. Since we know from Newsom's own words he won't relinquish this power, the only option is forcibly remove him via the constitutionally prescribed/democratic process of recall... or as he and his henchmen have framed it "a coup".

Old 01-21-2021, 02:57 PM

42,867 posts, read 26,350,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
They quoted your post verbatim.
Maybe you mean they misrepresented your view? Nothing was misquoted or taken out of context though.
I don't think that post had anything to do with you and Finper's a pretty tough cookie and can defend herself quite well.

Old 01-21-2021, 03:14 PM

3,476 posts, read 2,812,708 times
How did your governor rise to power? He Newsom of the right people?

Old 01-21-2021, 05:10 PM

26,764 posts, read 26,880,442 times
Quote:
This is a big reason why he needs to be recalled though. You really want him doing this same crap for another term or even worse in a higher office later on down the road?
I won't be voting for him if he decides to run again. I think it's doubtful that many Californians would be voting for him if he runs for a higher office in the future. That said, there's no one right now who has any kind of experience to govern this state, given all that we're dealing with, so I wouldn't sign a recall petition. I think that a recall right now would cause chaos.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I won't be voting for him if he decides to run again. I think it's doubtful that many Californians would be voting for him if he runs for a higher office in the future. That said, there's no one right now who has any kind of experience to govern this state, given all that we're dealing with, so I wouldn't sign a recall petition. I think that a recall right now would cause chaos.
Wow No disrespect or snark in my comment, CA4Now but your revelation shocks me. I thought you were a staunch defender of his. I'm very surprised but actually smiling. You're looking more and more like an Independent voter rather than one who blindly follows one side or the other. Well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California