Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2022, 09:35 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
If during a pandemic mask mandates reduce use by more than a negligible amount - which I doubt, because few people are anti-mask extremists - that's good for public health.

You are overlooking the likely main reason LA just made its own transportation mandate - because infections are up to their highest level in more than a month. Unmasking plus a more contagious variant made that predictable.
It's simply because of the huge number of people that live there and don't trust the govt vaccines. Break down the demographics and you'll notice who they are. They won't be the people traveling by plane so this is seriously a joke.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:40 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
Quote:
You're wrong. There is almost no regret, because few vaccinated people have needed emergency care. Whereas the people with your philosophy are at a higher risk of that.
And neither do unvaccinated. The CDC has played with some numbers, and presented either half truths and outright lies, and you believed them.

Anyways, I don't know why you guys hate on the unvaccinated. Our medical choices don't concern you. I don't care if you get vaccinated or not. Is it because we puncture the myth of this deadly virus requiring you to take a vaccine to be safe?

Old 04-22-2022, 09:42 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
And neither do unvaccinated. The CDC has played with some numbers, and presented either half truths and outright lies, and you believed them.

Anyways, I don't know why you guys hate on the unvaccinated. Our medical choices don't concern you. I don't care if you get vaccinated or not. Is it because we puncture the myth of this deadly virus requiring you to take a vaccine to be safe?
I'm one year out fighting the side effects of the vaccine. I had covid early on (barely touched me) then got talked into the vax by my work. No stab no job. I am just now getting over this. I've spent thousands on medications. Every infection you can think of and then some.

If I would have known I would have skipped it and faked my vax card.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:48 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post

None of the vaccinated people I warned want to talk about the vaccines anymore. There was one woman at my job who at one point said she'd be uncomfortable going back into the office because there were a couple people unvaccinated. I have friends who I preached to not get it and they called me a conspiracy theorist, but now they have become more regularly sick than they ever have in their lives.

This thread was started in Feb 2020 so I probably have several here from that year warning of the vaccines but I was labeled a far right conspiracy theorists lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm one year out fighting the side effects of the vaccine. I had covid early on (barely touched me) then got talked into the vax by my work. No stab no job. I am just now getting over this. I've spent thousands on medications. Every infection you can think of and then some.

People like you deserve compensation for that BS.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:50 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:

For every healthy young person who suffers long Covid, how many suffer “long vax injury”? The media emphasizes the rare 21 year old who is still suffering long Covid effects 8 months after infection but says nothing about the thousands suffering from long term vaccine injuries a year later. This is why I’m not getting boosted despite pressure from family.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear that, especially since you had COVID you should never have been required to get that vaccine.

A friend of mine, has a coworker whose daughter got a heart attack after the 2nd dose of Pfizer. Because of that, he elected not to get vaccinated and he's technically high risk (had triple bypass surgery around 10 years ago - now watches what he eats, maybe that story of a healthy young girl getting a heart attacked scared him straight).

He got COVID, and sailed through it.

Hopefully, you're better now. As an aside, my partner got both a shingles (VZV) and a herpes outbreak (HSV) after her 2nd dose. She's 29, and prior to Aug 2021 (2nd dose) never got sick. After, it seems she gets sick every 3 months, including COVID in Jan 2022.

A lot of things we will learn about these vaccines years down the road.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
None of the vaccinated people I warned want to talk about the vaccines anymore. There was one woman at my job who at one point said she'd be uncomfortable going back into the office because there were a couple people unvaccinated. I have friends who I preached to not get it and they called me a conspiracy theorist, but now they have become more regularly sick than they ever have in their lives.

This thread was started in Feb 2020 so I probably have several here from that year warning of the vaccines but I was labeled a far right conspiracy theorists lol.
I bumped into an old friend in Mykonos (July 2021). I don't know how the topic turned to vaccines, but I let her know I was unvaccinated. She went "woah, a world traveler and unvaccinated?".

Later, on IG, she posted a story of herself self-isolating due to COVID. She lives in San Francisco btw.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
If during a pandemic mask mandates reduce use by more than a negligible amount - which I doubt, because few people are anti-mask extremists - that's good for public health.

You are overlooking the likely main reason LA just made its own transportation mandate - because infections are up to their highest level in more than a month. Unmasking plus a more contagious variant made that predictable.
It's quite funny to me that every variant is more contagious than the last, and people have had more shots in their arms at the same time - just saying, a weird coincidence.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:03 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,269,946 times
Quote:
You're wrong. There is almost no regret, because few vaccinated people have needed emergency care. Whereas the people with your philosophy are at a higher risk of that.
Out of all the people I know , with the exception of one person, all who had the shots got Covid and some quite bad. For the ones of us who chose not to get the unknown ingredient shot, only one has had Covid.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:04 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,109,938 times
Quote:
You were fixating on under-5 (a number I chose partly because that's the vaccination-age cutoff) and now throwing in age 10, while ignoring what the graphs from that link show. The risk, maybe up to age 3, is much higher than for older children and higher than for 20-somethings (I suppose a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated, but those groups are very unlikely to die regardless of vaccine status). Do you think I've been posting about a made-up idea? I heard about the extra risk from news reports and the explanation that the immune system isn't fully operational. Not that anyone should have to be told that the tiniest humans are extra fragile.

I just saw this, mostly about vaccines for the little ones. (Which by the way supports my long-stated assertion that vaccines for adults or at least Johnson & Johnson, the one I spoke worst of, probably wouldn't have been approved for what we've faced recently, due to poor performance.)
https://www.statnews.com/2022/03/23/...hs-to-6-years/
So, the likely vaccine on the way will help, but maybe not much and not for the many parents who won't feel safe giving a new vaccine to children so young.
Surely you've actually read some science to back up that?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01578-1

IFR in children is literally 0.005%. As I said RSV, Influenza, auto accidents etc are far more dangerous to kids. The ridiculously few deaths that did occur happened in kids with very unusual health situations.

Far fewer deaths actually occurred in even younger kids who have a lower IFR than older ones as well. And according to that nature study it has nothing to do with "shielding"

Last edited by njbiodude; 04-22-2022 at 10:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California