Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2021, 12:15 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,485,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Completely agree. But, this mask mandate? Come on. They just can't admit the vaccine wasn't what they thought it was and are desperate about the numbers.

"We have to do everything we can" Going backwards vs admitting it wasn't the cure they said it was.

30-40% of people refusing the vaccine is A LOT of people. With things open this year vs closed last year and a more contagious variant that could be a problem. But I'm happy to see that hospitalizations around here are much lower than a year ago. For that I credit the vaccines.

Old 12-14-2021, 12:24 AM

3,348 posts, read 2,314,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
If you dont feel comfortable flying, dont fly.* End of story.
*As far as were concerned, the flying public didnt care about the blocking of middle seats.* The airlines that did so had to charge more and the public wasnt willing to pay for it outside the hub markets of those airlines (like Atlanta, Detroit, or Seattle).* We offered it, they werent interested.* Therefore, there is no reason to do it again.
Please read my post again. I was posting about the absordness of all these ridiculous decisions made by the higher ups by both governments and different levels of corporations. And how grocery stores can get away with weaker mandates than retail. None of which make sense. Its All about control money and power. No food in the airport at 6pm but planes can be elbow to elbow. No clothing, even the most expensive ski jackets can be reclaimed from Lost and Found. Just like how Japan feared the IOC and had to exempt those top ranking officials who had to fly in and out of Japan often to make the games happen from the 14 day quarantine during the peak in winter of 2020 and much of the world were on curfew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The general public has bad judgment. If that measure reduces spread, then the government should step in anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The public has no say in air travel rules, and most people are reasonable enough to accept annual shots.
When does the public have a say on any pandemic related rules.*Its all depend on what their overlords say this includes both different levels of government as well as governing bodies of corporate or private facilities they live under.**
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They tried this before with San Diego and board of Supervisors gave em the finger. This will be no different.
People will flock to places that resist and the ones that knuckle under will suffer. Newsolini can't wait for the economy to crash can he. Plus, almost every eatery here still has outdoor seating.

Who exactly, is going to enforce this? Answer, no law enforcement. A grocery clerk? lmao.
Interestingly I always viewed San Diego seems among the third strictest in the state Only behind the Bay Area and Los Angeles in terms of COVID19 restrictions. They even pledged to enforce Newsom's curfew when even LA County's Sheriff said no. There are other counties that are laxer including neighboring OC.*
Interestingly strict San Francisco never banned surfing ever.*

Apparently the state was afraid of being wrong this time as promising that vaccines would bring normacy so they kept holding off on stricter measures despite numbers being in the purple tier levels for a while, but I guess now they finally broke down they are likely go back to all the restrictions again I won't be too surprised if a curfew is suddenly announced next for Christmas week as they would say the situation is fluid again.
Edit: Or strong requests if not mandates that planned xmas programs/dinners/choirs whether they be church related or non religious commercial/public holiday events otherwise be cancelled or scaled back. It was surreal last year to see Xmas without the choirs on tv for the very first times. I be curious whether they be limiting capacity again. In which each individual venue would again react radically differently in implementation.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 12-14-2021 at 01:36 AM..

Old 12-14-2021, 12:32 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,704,338 times
Things are back to normal for me and mine, thanks to the vax. The only problem is how annoyingly hard it is to travel to my favorite overseas destination. Hopefully Omicron will solve that, tho.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:25 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Officials throughout the entire country thought the vaccines would accomplish a lot. Probably the same for other nations with different vaccines. Not really their fault that hasn't worked out, though they should start pointing fingers at the makers. It was a mistake to rapidly lift most restrictions (premature signal to relax, which the virus likes), and no I don't see curfews coming or anything only that could accomplish.

Old 12-14-2021, 04:31 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
There is a small family owned store around the corner. It is posted right on the door for quite some time. "No mask No entry" All healthcare providers require masks.....that even includes a acupuncturist I went to see last week. Perhaps that is not the case down in SD....maybe they just gave the finger to that. SD is about 500 miles from me.....so, it is like another state to me....hence really don't care what they do. I only use N95 masks.....not some mask made out of a tee shirt.
I wear masks made from T shirts because most masks are made in China and I will eat a big bag of d***s before I give the people that created this bug one dollar.
And I got a lot of old T shirts.

At this point we are wearing masks to protect the unvaccinated. **********.

Old 12-14-2021, 05:50 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Please read my post again. I was posting about the absordness of all these ridiculous decisions made by the higher ups by both governments and different levels of corporations. And how grocery stores can get away with weaker mandates than retail. None of which make sense.
Sure it does. Nobody needs to buy a cashmere sweater from Macy's, but they need to buy food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Apparently the state was afraid of being wrong this time as promising that vaccines would bring normacy so they kept holding off on stricter measures
The state had nothing to do with "being wrong." When the virus first started to spread, scientists were initially skeptical that a mutation made the it more contagious. There's still a great deal of information they don't know. Think of all the progress being made since early spring of 2020.

Old 12-14-2021, 06:09 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Too bad our governor isn't more intelligent like Colorado's...

"Everybody had more than enough opportunity to get vaccinated....Those who get sick, it's almost entirely their own darn fault."
Intelligent?

Colorado's confirmed virus case rate per 100k in the past 14 days: 582.6, California's: 225.5
Colorado's confirmed death rate per 100k in past 14 days: 9.5; California's: 2.6

Old 12-14-2021, 07:11 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,673,805 times
Does Gavin Newsom really believe in a 'zero COVID' future?

California remains under an indefinite state of emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and if it hasn't already been made clear, state officials have no plans to even identify conditions that would allow for the suspension of the order that gives both Gov. Gavin Newsom and county health officials sweeping emergency powers.

It's somewhat paradoxical that California plans to host the Super Bowl, Oscars and a spate of college football bowl games — some would even go as far to call them "potential super-spreader events" — in the coming winter months while feeling the need to issue emergency mitigation measures.

“State of Emergency” but we can host the Super Bowl and college bowl games lol. Imagine being so dumb or brainwashed you see nothing wrong with that.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:50 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Does Gavin Newsom really believe in a 'zero COVID' future?

California remains under an indefinite state of emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and if it hasn't already been made clear, state officials have no plans to even identify conditions that would allow for the suspension of the order that gives both Gov. Gavin Newsom and county health officials sweeping emergency powers.

It's somewhat paradoxical that California plans to host the Super Bowl, Oscars and a spate of college football bowl games — some would even go as far to call them "potential super-spreader events" — in the coming winter months while feeling the need to issue emergency mitigation measures.

“State of Emergency” but we can host the Super Bowl and college bowl games lol. Imagine being so dumb or brainwashed you see nothing wrong with that.
I think it takes a great deal of naivety to think that Covid zero is possible at this point. Not saying Newsom is doing that, but its pretty ridiculous to think thats a thing.

Old 12-14-2021, 08:29 AM

3,080 posts, read 1,747,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Intelligent?

Colorado's confirmed virus case rate per 100k in the past 14 days: 582.6, California's: 225.5
Colorado's confirmed death rate per 100k in past 14 days: 9.5; California's: 2.6
Yeah I don't care. Newsom is an idiot. Jared Polis is more intelligent and doing the right thing here. Screw the case rate. In addition, if we were doing so great without the mandate, why do we need it now? You can't credit Newsom for the case rate either seeing he hasn't "done anything" in the past few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
Newsom isn't going anywhere unless a Democrat or well know independent challenges him.
That's right. And all the more reason I'm done masking F--- the mandate. You guys voted for him so YOU can mask. I'm triple vaxxed. I've done everything these clowns wanted. The pandemic is over. This new mandate is just to appease the soft-minded fools that voted for him and want him to "DO SOMETHING !!!"

Last edited by stablegenius; 12-14-2021 at 08:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California