Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2023, 02:03 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,816,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I like the separation and I know people think that a bad area of Stockton means all Stockton is bad but it isn't and neither is any other city. They all have bad parts of their area. I prefer places with a smaller population, although 60K isn't exactly small but, to me, it is. I like the fact that I get from one side of town to the other in a relatively short span of time. No heavy traffic unless it's right about the time kids are being let out of school or people getting off work. Otherwise, streets are pretty quiet and you can hear the birds chirping.
I grew up in Stockton. It has been many years since I left......"Tricky Dick" was still in the White House (not for long) when I left. I recall from my youth that Stockton was a bit of a rough town even back then

https://www.spolinlaw.com/criminal-d...fornia/#top-10

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/m...in-california/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2023, 03:46 PM

2,924 posts, read 2,013,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I like the separation and I know people think that a bad area of Stockton means all Stockton is bad but it isn't and neither is any other city. They all have bad parts of their area. I prefer places with a smaller population, although 60K isn't exactly small but, to me, it is. I like the fact that I get from one side of town to the other in a relatively short span of time. No heavy traffic unless it's right about the time kids are being let out of school or people getting off work. Otherwise, streets are pretty quiet and you can hear the birds chirping.

Stockton has good bones. Better than most valley towns. Its the people, not the town. And stockton is more dense than most valley towns, so those people are harder to get away from. Things are improving in stockton, of course, which is good news for everyone.

One more friant house

Old 06-01-2023, 08:04 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
I grew up in Stockton. It has been many years since I left......"Tricky Dick" was still in the White House (not for long) when I left. I recall from my youth that Stockton was a bit of a rough town even back then
I didn't grow up in Stockton but I did live within driving distance. Before I got my license, Mom and I would go shopping in Stockton, the downtown area. This was long before they built the mall or developed the land in north Stockton. And, after I did get my license, a group of us would head to Stockton to hang out with others. "Taking the drag," was a popular activity. You met all sorts of interesting people. Met a lot of fun people who were attending UOP. Went to some parties there but left before things got crazy. That was my MO. I always left before things went south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
Stockton has good bones. Better than most valley towns. Its the people, not the town.
As is the case for any city, big or small.

There are other places, besides Stockton, but it does appeal to many. If it didn't, there wouldn't be such a large population there. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:58 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
We used to do a lot of fishing & camping along The CA Delta, The Sacramento River, The CA Aqueduct, Delta/Mendota Canal, San Joaquin River, for (Striped Bass, catfish). (released Most).
We also spent many fun times fishing, camping, exploring Lake Camanche South Shore, & other lakes around the area.

Old 06-01-2023, 10:20 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
We used to do a lot of fishing & camping along The CA Delta, The Sacramento River, The CA Aqueduct, Delta/Mendota Canal, San Joaquin River, for (Striped Bass, catfish). (released Most).
We also spent many fun times fishing, camping, exploring Lake Camanche South Shore, & other lakes around the area.
Never fished in the Delta Mendota or any of the canals. I knew what people tossed in there. Too easy to snag your hook on an old tire. Mostly fished the San Joaquin and later learned how to fly fish. Best place (at least I think so) was at Clark Fork in the Stanislaus Nat'l Forest. Tried other places but always went back there. Good times.

Old 06-11-2023, 08:20 PM

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...18719437_zpid/

New custom house in fresno
3.8 million

East Sacramento pricing or near central austin pricing. Wtf.

Crazy

Bako mansion
Better value
3.7 with acreage
Just needs slight updates

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...95525529_zpid/

Interesting houses

Old 06-11-2023, 09:37 PM

10,311 posts, read 6,852,246 times
Quote:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...18719437_zpid/

New custom house in fresno
3.8 million

East Sacramento pricing or near central austin pricing. Wtf.

Crazy

Interesting houses

Meh, schools are garbage. You'd think that for "3.8" that the schools would best a 3 rating....

Here's an alternative...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...18722551_zpid/

EDIT: These schools are even WORSE! 2's & 3's....

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 06-11-2023 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: Add'l info

Old 06-12-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Meh, schools are garbage. You'd think that for "3.8" that the schools would best a 3 rating....

Here's an alternative...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...18722551_zpid/

EDIT: These schools are even WORSE! 2's & 3's....

Bullard isnt terrible. Ranking is a a bit suspect. Lots of uc grads come from bullard.

Better Alternative

10/10 schools here and way cheaper

Old 06-12-2023, 10:42 AM

787 posts, read 644,711 times
Quote:
Anything that raises property values in old neighborhoods is gentrification. Gentrification isn't just apple stores and fancy midrises.

These mixed use properties in Fresno come with improvements to foot traffic/density, which developers love. Eventually, you're going to start seeing strip malls getting replaced with market rate mixed use properties. With enough dense units out there, the city could install a trolley or rail system -That's the end goal.

Also, City of Fresno wants to spend millions fixing up the oldest parts of town. Southwest, calwa, southeast, etc. They already fixed up the main part of tower, and their next move is to fix up tower neighborhoods. These investments in the tower will help increase property values there and push poor people out.
You have an interesting personal definition of "gentrification"

Old 06-16-2023, 04:53 AM

10,311 posts, read 6,852,246 times
Quote:
Bullard isnt terrible. Ranking is a a bit suspect. Lots of uc grads come from bullard.
Better Alternative
10/10 schools here and way cheaper
With the heavy foreign accent, I couldn't understand word one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California