Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:34 PM

259 posts, read 765,352 times

Advertisements

WorldWatch - October 12, 2008 - Upholding the Constitution - The Ornery American

This is my final argument. This guy pretty much sees things the way I do. Not only does Prop 8 protect marriage, it also protects our constitutional form of government that so many "radical groups" have decided to ignore for the past few decades. From the right wing neo cons to the ACLU lefists. There is a large section of the population that is starting to get fed up with it. A YES vote on Prop 8 is a YES vote on the United States Constitution and our Republic.

You want rhetoric? Well...you got it!

Oh and don't forget that ALL gays eat puppies and babies(is that bigoted enough for ya?) lmao If only all you activists knew how ridiculous you are. This thread is to show how ridiculous it has all become. I do, however, want to thank you for making me into a partisan bigot rather than an enlightened one. That's what happens when you label anyone who opposes you. I preside in Sacramento, Alabama. Formly of San Diego, AL...Redding, AL...and many of the surrounding towns. YEEHAW!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:37 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,163,263 times
So Prop 8 is a good thing because it's a constitutional amendment? Are you demented? It's on the ballot to give people the chance to vote on it. This is due process. And when it's defeated, it will be defeated by due process and your argument will be gone forever.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
So Prop 8 is a good thing because it's a constitutional amendment? Are you demented? It's on the ballot to give people the chance to vote on it. This is due process. And when it's defeated, it will be defeated by due process and your argument will be gone forever.
There is no way you read the article, so you are just belching your empty slogans...go on now, mindless drone, as you have nothing to offer but irrelevant trivialities. Try forming an opinion that is not based on indoctrination and return with substance rather than nothingness.

I can only deal with so many sheeple at once...please take a number next time. Currently, I only want to hear informed, intelligent and unindoctrinated responses. If you have a slogan to spew, spew it elsewhere!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 PM

I'm so bad...

Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,163,263 times
How about reading your article.. it basically says that it doesn't like the trend of judges making the peoples' decisions. Well, people were unhappy and so you got your state referendum on the ballot. Now people get to have their say. What does this have to do with the content of the proposition? Nothing. It's like you're excited for the only chance you'll get in your lifetime to legalize inequality.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,355,773 times
Amending the constitution is constitutional? Just quit debating. You seriously suck at it.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:17 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapparulez View Post
WorldWatch - October 12, 2008 - Upholding the Constitution - The Ornery American

This is my final argument. This guy pretty much sees things the way I do. Not only does Prop 8 protect marriage, it also protects our constitutional form of government that so many "radical groups" have decided to ignore for the past few decades. From the right wing neo cons to the ACLU lefists. There is a large section of the population that is starting to get fed up with it. A YES vote on Prop 8 is a YES vote on the United States Constitution and our Republic.

You want rhetoric? Well...you got it!

Oh and don't forget that ALL gays eat puppies and babies(is that bigoted enough for ya?) lmao If only all you activists knew how ridiculous you are. This thread is to show how ridiculous it has all become. I do, however, want to thank you for making me into a partisan bigot rather than an enlightened one. That's what happens when you label anyone who opposes you. I preside in Sacramento, Alabama. Formly of San Diego, AL...Redding, AL...and many of the surrounding towns. YEEHAW!
You could have picked a better spokesman, ya think? this guy is a vicious mormon and clearly has a vendetta against gays. he would frame his arguments in any way that would portray gays in the most negative light. can't you find a more centrist supporter for your cause?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orson_Scott_Card

Old 10-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Amending the constitution is constitutional? Just quit debating. You seriously suck at it.
I am not sure what point you are trying to make, because if you are trying to imply that amending the constitution is NOT constitution then you have just made a fool of yourself. Amending the constitution is a procedure that the Founding Father's put into place to ensure that the document would act as a fluid and proactive form of government, able to respond to changes in society. It was also hoped, by many Founding Fathers, that it would be used to outlaw slavery one day as the Republic was too weak politically to tackle that problem at the onset of the creation of the United States. The courts, on the other hand, have legislated from the bench which flies directly in the face of the Constitution. It is apparent you have little understanding or respect for the greatest document our great nation ever created. I hope you just misspoke and you weren't actually trying to imply that amending the constitution isn't constitutional. lol

Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
You could have picked a better spokesman, ya think? this guy is a vicious mormon and clearly has a vendetta against gays. he would frame his arguments in any way that would portray gays in the most negative light. can't you find a more centrist supporter for your cause?

Orson Scott Card - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Much like you frame all your arguments to portray any supporter of Prop 8 as a bigot and a right wing religious fanatic. People who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Are you starting to understand my point of this thread?

Old 10-28-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
How about reading your article.. it basically says that it doesn't like the trend of judges making the peoples' decisions. Well, people were unhappy and so you got your state referendum on the ballot. Now people get to have their say. What does this have to do with the content of the proposition? Nothing. It's like you're excited for the only chance you'll get in your lifetime to legalize inequality.
Yes...that is EXACTLY what I wanted to do from the onset. If only the gays had tried to be respectful of the religious beliefs, but no, they want to shove their beliefs down our throats until we choke. Guess what, compromise wasn't even ATTEMPTED by the gay lobby...it's an all out war and both sides are filled with slogan filled empty headed automatons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California