Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times

Advertisements

I love love love California. The only other place on the planet that I would live would be where i grew up in Germany. There are many people who are frustrated with California, but there are also many many people who wouldn't live anywhere else. I don't make a ton of money and I manage to live quite comfortably on the coast, and have money left over for trips, material possessions etc etc. We don't want or need to live in a giant McMansion, which is what many people seem to be looking for. We also don't feel the need to drive a BMW, go to dinner every night and spend all of our money 'keeping up with the Jones'.

Sure, we could move to Texas and live in a 3500 square foot house with a giant lawn and have tons of money for vacations, but why? I value the landscape around me with the available kyaking, hiking, surfing and everything else that being near the coast offers.

Move outta California? No thanks. I'm content staying here.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:59 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Why should I spend my hard earned money to pay you? Just bite the bullet and leave - like lots of adventurous souls before you have done. Or perhaps while you're still here, instead of b*tching and griping, why not try to enjoy yourself until your new adventure comes along?
I'm not leaving until I'm financially prepared to move. I'm not going to be one of those people that moves with no money and no job and comes back 6 months later. So until you're prepared to put your money where your mouth is, you can stop telling me when and where to go.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I'm not leaving until I'm financially prepared to move. I'm not going to be one of those people that moves with no money and no job and comes back 6 months later. So until you're prepared to put your money where your mouth is, you can stop telling me when and where to go.
Again - why should I put out my money for you??? Make your own damn money!!! I didn't tell you when and where to go - I don't care where you go. You just need to either put up or shut up. I doubt I'm the only one on C-D who gets tired of reading your anti-CA rants and how miserable you are, how much you hate it here, how much you despise anyone who you believe has more money than you. Get over yourself! Get out and enjoy your life! Sheesh!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
not so
no winter
great hawaiian shirts
no crime only terrible misunderstandings
lots of positive affirmations
everyone aplogizes for nothing and never means it

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-19-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 04-19-2009, 06:11 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,072,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
You really need to take these threads on CD with a *Big* grain of salt. There are a lot of interesting charcaters on here to say the least who do not necessarily represent the majority of CA. This forum in particular seems like a place that attracts a lot of ppl who are disgruntled with their life in CA and on thier way out to *greener pastures* or have already left. It is there chance to vent. Then you get those who are pushing their own personal political agendas which tends to find its way into many non-related threads.
Its not just c-d, most Internet forums and message boards seem to be a place to vent, or express thoughts they would not say in public, or just to troll.

You have to take most internet forums with a grain of salt. They are a form of group therapy for some people.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:12 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,468,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
Its not just c-d, most Internet forums and message boards seem to be a place to vent, or express thoughts they would not say in public, or just to troll.
Perhaps that applies to some but certainly not all. Friends, acquaintances and family all know we're leaving California in a couple of months. All have asked why and I've been honest with them about the reasons. I rarely, if ever, say things here I wouldn't say publicly or to your face.

I can always plead senior moments, ya know!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,607,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
not so
no winter
great hawaiian shirts
no crime only terrible misunderstandings
lots of positive affirmations
everyone aplogizes for nothing and never means it
true!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:16 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,443,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Perhaps that applies to some but certainly not all. Friends, acquaintances and family all know we're leaving California in a couple of months. All have asked why and I've been honest with them about the reasons. I rarely, if ever, say things here I wouldn't say publicly or to your face.
Same here. And moreover, lots agree and would like to get out themselves.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:19 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Then GO already!!!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:20 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,529,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Why should I spend my hard earned money to pay you? Just bite the bullet and leave - like lots of adventurous souls before you have done. Or perhaps while you're still here, instead of b*tching and griping, why not try to enjoy yourself until your new adventure comes along?
Don't be so hard on Escape. He does have roots in the State. I'm sure if he thought it was economically feasible to start a family in the state, he would stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California