Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
Anyway, if I wanted to eat a cheap and unhealthy burger, I'd go to Tommy's instead of In-N-Out. The Chili might taste like it's 2 years old, but it tastes better than In-N-Out and the fries are way better too. Ask for xtra chili when you go.
Tommy's? No way...The Hat kills Tommy's any day of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 11:16 PM

723 posts, read 1,634,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Tommy's? No way...The Hat kills Tommy's any day of the week.
Not as cheap which seems the be one of the points in this thread. Then again, if you ask me, just because something is cheap is no reason to eat garbage. I havn't eaten at Tommy's or In-N-Out for years.

Here's my favorite burger places. I like the Turkey Burger at Twoheys in Alhambra, and another great burger is the Albacore Burger at Malibu Seafood. Delicious like In-N-Out, Tommy's, the Hat and all of the rest will never know.

You might look at my choices and suggest, "Where's the beef?", but I discovered about 5 years ago, that these other things can taste better than beef and be better for you. Who ever thought?

The other thing that baffles me about the craze for In-N-Out is that they fry their burgers. If you are going to have a beef burger, wouldn't you want it flame broiled, so it is like 5 times better?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
Not as cheap which seems the be one of the points in this thread. Then again, if you ask me, just because something is cheap is no reason to eat garbage. I havn't eaten at Tommy's or In-N-Out for years.

Here's my favorite burger places. I like the Turkey Burger at Twoheys in Alhambra, and another great burger is the Albacore Burger at Malibu Seafood. Delicious like In-N-Out, Tommy's, the Hat and all of the rest will never know.

You might look at my choices and suggest, "Where's the beef?", but I discovered about 5 years ago, that these other things can taste better than beef and be better for you. Who ever thought?

The other thing that baffles me about the craze for In-N-Out is that they fry their burgers. If you are going to have a beef burger, wouldn't you want it flame broiled, so it is like 5 times better?
So, like 5 times better huh? Wow, love your way of saying things!!! As for Flame Broiled, guess you must love Burger King then, cause that is the only fast food restaurant that I can think of that doesn't cook the burgers on a grill (that is no the same as frying I would add). Most of them put them on a steam table after cooking them, InnOUt makes each burger fresh, one at a time.

I don't believe this thread was started to discuss the what foods are healthy and what ones aren't. Now that would make a good topic, on another thread...The op simply pointed out Zagats rates InnOut the best "FAST FOOD BURGER" in America. This has nothing to do with "best burger" in America or healthy food habits.

Nita

Old 06-18-2009, 05:53 PM

723 posts, read 1,634,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So, like 5 times better huh? Wow, love your way of saying things!!! As for Flame Broiled, guess you must love Burger King then, cause that is the only fast food restaurant that I can think of that doesn't cook the burgers on a grill (that is no the same as frying I would add). Most of them put them on a steam table after cooking them, InnOUt makes each burger fresh, one at a time.

I don't believe this thread was started to discuss the what foods are healthy and what ones aren't. Now that would make a good topic, on another thread...The op simply pointed out Zagats rates InnOut the best "FAST FOOD BURGER" in America. This has nothing to do with "best burger" in America or healthy food habits.

Nita
BK uses cheap ingredients, so No I don't like them.

So what are we allowed to discuss on this thread? That we acknowlege Zagnate's pick for best burger?

So what kind of replies would you like to see on this thread?

"Yes, I read that too."

"That is interesting."

"I agree."

""I bet they will win for the next 10 years"

"Nita is correct about everything."

Uh, I don't think so. Not as long as you think there is a way of cooking on a grill without frying.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:01 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
So now you know why they make different flavors of ice cream.. Everyone has different tastes...!

Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
So now you know why they make different flavors of ice cream.. Everyone has different tastes...!
great point!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Fatburger Units File For Bankruptcy - Bankruptcy Beat - WSJ

Old 06-19-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Interesting: I only ate at one, in Las Vegas but had always heard how good they were. I found them too "FAT" for me and too pricey for what they offered, but again everyone has his/her own ideas of what tastes good.

Nita

Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,203,422 times
That's my best place to go to!

I always tell them to fry the onions,they are excellent!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:47 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I agree too, but doesn't this just kinda make In-N-Out the King of the Dipsh*ts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California