Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 11:46 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times

Advertisements

Thank you all of your for your responses. This gives me some options and other brand trailers to check out.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 07:29 PM

7,772 posts, read 6,379,741 times
If you liked the Casita, but want bigger check out the Escape. I like fiberglass trailers much more than stick-built. I have owned both.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:57 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
I have an R Pod, I've had it for 6 years, they are okay but not built that great. I've had a leak where the light bar is mounted on the back, some of the paneling has came loose and the drawers rail system fell apart but it tows well and is warm in cold weather. Mine has a dinette that folds into a bed, the cushions do not give enough support, if I were to buy it over I would have gotten the model with a bed in the back with a real mattress.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
If you liked the Casita, but want bigger check out the Escape. I like fiberglass trailers much more than stick-built. I have owned both.
who makes the Escape? or is that the brand?

Old 11-10-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I have an R Pod, I've had it for 6 years, they are okay but not built that great. I've had a leak where the light bar is mounted on the back, some of the paneling has came loose and the drawers rail system fell apart but it tows well and is warm in cold weather. Mine has a dinette that folds into a bed, the cushions do not give enough support, if I were to buy it over I would have gotten the model with a bed in the back with a real mattress.
I heard they were made kinda cheap. My DH talked to a guy who had one and he said things were falling apart within the 1st year.

I really like the look of the R-Pod and that is what sparked my interest in the beginning.

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-13-2018 at 03:08 AM..

Old 11-10-2018, 07:32 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,582,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
who makes the Escape? or is that the brand?

Canadian manufacturer located in BC. There are plenty of videos about them on YouTube, or you could just go to their web site.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:11 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,185,292 times
We don't have the Jayco Hummingbird, but we do have a Jayco Jayflight SLX. It's small and lightweight like the Hummingbird, and it's a little cheaper too. I did like the Jayco Hummingbird's, but the floorplan didn't have what we were looking for at the time. Our Jayflight has a queen bed, bunks for our two kids, a small dinette, fridge, microwave, two burner stove top, a shower and toilet that are not dry bath style. It's a great little trailer, we bought it almost two years ago and we've taken her out numerous times without any issues.

I have no experience with r-pods so I'm no help to you there.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:40 PM

4 posts, read 18,879 times
Check out the Rockwood Geo Pro line of campers. I ended up getting a 19FBS. Very happy with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing