Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:24 PM

4 posts, read 12,847 times

Advertisements

isreali thinking about imigration to canda .
how better is canda compare to israel ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabas View Post
isreali thinking about imigration to canda .
how better is canda compare to israel ?
Gosh, they are very different. For one thing Canada does not have required military service for men and women and folks in Canada do not have several million Arabs trying to take over their country and kill or push the population into the Red Sea.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Gosh, they are very different. For one thing Canada does not have required military service for men and women and folks in Canada do not have several million Arabs trying to take over their country and kill or push the population into the Red Sea.
israel is pretty safe country , i care more about the part of the higer standard of living is it worth immigration .

Last edited by Kabas; 10-29-2010 at 04:45 PM..

Old 10-30-2010, 03:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Sure are a lot of variables in any response , like whats your education,whats your profession,where are you thinking of living,do you like winter, I have very little information on whether Canada is better than Israel but like most western countries it mostly comes down to how much money you can make, here in Canada some make a lot some dont.
Why not come over for a vacation and check it out..
In the meantime Google is your friend

Canada - Google Search

Last edited by jambo101; 10-30-2010 at 04:37 AM..

Old 10-30-2010, 03:46 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,267,353 times
Before you consider it you should find out if you can immigrate. Canada has a website where you can see if you qualify using a point system. For instance, so many points for a BA, MA, if you speak French in addition to English, etc.

The quality of life is very good in Canada. The largest concentration of people is in the eastern half, the french cultured areas around montreal/quebec and the english cultured area is centered in toronto which is a major city also with a lot of immigrants from all over. It's very clean, polite, well educated, with wide open green spaces, and of course winter. Ottawa, the capital city contains parliament and the beefeater guards and borders a french provence, lots of museums, shops, and festivals.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:58 AM

577 posts, read 1,475,383 times
If I may humbly add a few points:

-How good your job is in Israel? Do you have post secondary/university education?
-How many relatives do you have in Canada?
-Are you comfortable with how the North-American houses are constructed (wooden barracks!?)
-Are you ok with the lack of 4 seasons (spring almost doesn't exist), relatively cold and long winters (except for BC) and relatively short and humid summers (except for west coast)?
-Do you consider that a highly taxed environment (40-50%) is for the "common good" and hence beneficial?
-Will you prefer to rely on the biggest "social network"/fraternity that Israeli people has here in Canada (in fact everywhere in the world)?
-Do you like mountains? If yes, you'll miss them unless you go again to the western coast (or south-east).

Old 10-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
If I may humbly add a few points:

-How good your job is in Israel? Do you have post secondary/university education?
-How many relatives do you have in Canada?
-Are you comfortable with how the North-American houses are constructed (wooden barracks!?)
-Are you ok with the lack of 4 seasons (spring almost doesn't exist), relatively cold and long winters (except for BC) and relatively short and humid summers (except for west coast)?
-Do you consider that a highly taxed environment (40-50%) is for the "common good" and hence beneficial?
-Will you prefer to rely on the biggest "social network"/fraternity that Israeli people has here in Canada (in fact everywhere in the world)?
-Do you like mountains? If yes, you'll miss them unless you go again to the western coast (or south-east).
im 21 years old .
i dont have a job here . (after army )
i have 1-2 relatives in Canada .
i have no idea how North-american houses are .
regrading cold , well i do love to ski
but , i probably wount like the cold too much , but wount hate it ...
i dont know the most cold i have ever been in is -1C .
about tax ... i dont know .
i guees even with hige tax things are alot cheaper than israel .
what soical network your talking about ?
i plan to immigrant with the manitobe jewish plan .
what do you mean by mountians , im more of party guy .
i live in tel aviv .

but i dont know if i should immigrant to canda than do a degree there , or get a degree here than immigrant to canda .

Old 10-30-2010, 01:05 PM

398 posts, read 732,762 times
If you are immigrating to Canada, do a degree there. You'll have a harder time finding work with a degree from Israel. Only do a degree in Israel if you plan to stay there. I would imagine a Canadian degree would get you farther in Israel than vice versa.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:46 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabas View Post
im 21 years old .
i dont have a job here . (after army )
i have 1-2 relatives in Canada .
i have no idea how North-american houses are .
regrading cold , well i do love to ski
but , i probably wount like the cold too much , but wount hate it ...
i dont know the most cold i have ever been in is -1C .
about tax ... i dont know .
i guees even with hige tax things are alot cheaper than israel .
what soical network your talking about ?
i plan to immigrant with the manitobe jewish plan .
what do you mean by mountians , im more of party guy .
i live in tel aviv .

but i dont know if i should immigrant to canda than do a degree there , or get a degree here than immigrant to canda .
you will need a degree before to even get looked at. canada is also the second largest country in the world and look up which city you might like as for things being cheaper in canada than isreal I have no clue
what did you do in the army?

Old 10-30-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
you will need a degree before to even get looked at. canada is also the second largest country in the world and look up which city you might like as for things being cheaper in canada than isreal I have no clue
what did you do in the army?
im pretty sure that if i learn a bit of french i can esaily pass the 56 point require in . ( in the jewish imigrration plan )

i did nothin helpfull in the army .

if i do get PR how much will unvirsty cost me , 2k $ that citzenship get , or 17k that aliens get ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada