Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:51 PM

45,356 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Okay, thanks. I'm not familiar with that movie. I'm guessing it was supposed to be a comedy? I don't believe eating a lot of butter before drinking will do anything except make a person violently sick to their stomach.

I know that drinking olive oil with lemon juice under controlled conditions is an effective remedy more normally recommended for flushing kidney stones and gall stones.

Although I'm not a drinker of much alcohol since it no longer agrees with me, I do know that drinking old fashioned cultured buttermilk after getting drunk on alcohol absolutely will help prevent a person from getting sick and vomiting. It won't get rid of the alcohol in the drinker's system but it will prevent or at the very least relieve the worst symptoms of alcohol poisoning and a bad hangover.

Yes, it's a comedy.

Getting rid of alcohol in your system is a biochemical issue. The liver will process around an ounce of alcohol/hour (a mixed drink with 80 proof alcohol, a 12 oz. beer, an 8 oz. glass of wine) which a person excretes through sweating, urinating and breathing.

There's all kinds of "products" home remedies floating around that promise to get rid of alcohol or weed in your system getting ready for a screen. Most are harmless, some are, or can be, dangerous, as you pointed out with the olive oil and lemon juice mix.

Here's another one: eat a loaf of bread before drinking. The bread will soak up the booze before your stomach can absorb it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada