Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 01:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX City visiting View Post
I have 100% clean record in everything, young and college educated; Canada would love to have me as a citizen
What experience do you have dealing with the Canadian immigration bureaucracy.If you think a clean record and a college education is all you need to become a resident of Canada you might be in for some future frustration.
How you score on Canadas immigration point system is a much more relevant way of defining your relevance to Canada and subsequent ease of immigration. .
You might want to look it over.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Old 05-13-2015, 02:31 PM

493 posts, read 385,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What experience do you have dealing with the Canadian immigration bureaucracy.If you think a clean record and a college education is all you need to become a resident of Canada you might be in for some future frustration.
How you score on Canadas immigration point system is a much more relevant way of defining your relevance to Canada and subsequent ease of immigration. .
You might want to look it over.
Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria
Ehm I'm confused; In America and EU you are granted permanent residency if you marry somebody who is a citizen. So Canada does not work that way?!?!?!?!?!?! Now you make me worried.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:25 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Ehm I'm confused; In America and EU you are granted permanent residency if you marry somebody who is a citizen. So Canada does not work that way?!?!?!?!?!?! Now you make me worried.
You sound like you havent done any homework on this venture,you need to visit the Canadian immigration website and see where you stand on the issue of your future immigration.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:41 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
I thought I did a good job explaining in my earlier post (I married someone who got a PR as a result) and it is far more involved than just getting married. Anyone can do that.. You have a whole process ahead of you and it'll take years most likely (let alone finding someone to do this - its a BIG sacrifice, financial and emotional etc and the process itself is highly stressful always wondering as you become closer and closer if the decision will be made by Immigration Canada that your relatioship doesn't qualify - its REALLLY HARD) and I for one would only do that for someone I truly love.. Anyway aside from all the work involved Immigration Canada - whether it be an in Canada sponsorship or out of Canada sponsorship WILL want to vet the relationship (they're not dumb either - they know about marriages of convenience and they know what to look for as well, any cues that the relationship is one of convenience they will bring out the microscope) so that means the onus is on you and your future spouse to prove you have a valid relationship!! Its not an easy thing at all especially if it isn't valid.....

As for the U.S and European countries - countries differ in how they process sponsorships but I think you'll find it isn't just a matter of just gettting married in those countries either... You need to do some research on the matter as Jambo suggested.. Also, even before that you need to find someone who will do such a thing and good luck if it isn't for the valid reasons of a committed and loving relationship.

Its not a matter of people trying to make you worried as much as giving you good information and conveying to you that it isn't a simple matter of booking a wedding date at Toronto, Boston or Barcelona City Halls...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/

Finally, the process of sponsorship is designed to bring families together for valid reasons. In the case of the sponsorship of a spouse, its designed for two people truly in a committed and loving relationship so that they aren't ripped apart by distance, the process isn't designed to expedite your PR card.. I don't mean to be harsh but I think you're looking at this process for all the wrong reasons and not getting the right one's!

Last edited by fusion2; 05-13-2015 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada