Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 06:02 PM

525 posts, read 454,012 times

Advertisements

I wish we could elect someone like him for president here in the states. He seems like a genuinely caring person. Which kinda reminds me of this article (sorry to any Trump supporters reading this):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...he-anti-trump/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 06:20 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
I wish we could elect someone like him for president here in the states. He seems like a genuinely caring person. Which kinda reminds me of this article (sorry to any Trump supporters reading this):

He comes across that way. I've seen him in person and he does exude charm. People seem very relaxed around him, he's approachable.

The contrast between him and our last PM is huge. Harper never looked comfortable in his own skin.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Totally agree - way too early to come to any conclusions but I much prefer the tone and approach of this leader and government vs the former.
As someone said earlier..I think Bottie no politician is going to make anyone happy 100 percent of the time.

One thing that I've noticed about anti Trudeau types, is that they give the impression that those who support Trudeau are going to give him a free ride. Not on your life. He will be criticized by me and others if he missteps.

Old 03-04-2016, 06:48 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
As someone said earlier..I think Bottie no politician is going to make anyone happy 100 percent of the time.

One thing that I've noticed about anti Trudeau types, is that they give the impression that those who support Trudeau are going to give him a free ride. Not on your life. He will be criticized by me and others if he missteps.
Absolutely and I've already done it giving him an A for vision when it comes to taking in 25K Syrian refugees but a D- in execution. This doesn't mean my overall score of the man is a D- and It certainly doesn't mean i'm going to give him an A grade 3 years from now. I simply don't know yet.

If he doesn't make good on promised infrastructure investments that my city desperately needs (as most large CAD cities desperately need) than my favourability ratings will drop considerably fast. When it comes to this file, i'm so sick of talk.. We need action!

Old 03-05-2016, 02:42 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It is way too early to tell how Trudeau's days in power will turn out. He has been handed a mess, and so far just the change in tone in governing is welcomed by millions.

His loudest opponents most vocal cry of criticism seems to be that people want to take selfies with him, and he obliges, or that somehow he is his father.

I'll wait and see, because the alternative dark path that Harper was taking us down, was frightening to me.
Aren't his loudest opponents most vocal about his spending problem, the lack of transparency surrounding that spending, and his indecisiveness regarding urgent oil industry infrastructure?

Old 03-05-2016, 08:13 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Aren't his loudest opponents most vocal about his spending problem, the lack of transparency surrounding that spending, and his indecisiveness regarding urgent oil industry infrastructure?
Yep.

Along with a seemingly laissez-faire attitude towards the Middle East and our military usage therein.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yep.

Along with a seemingly laissez-faire attitude towards the Middle East and our military usage therein.
C'mon Brusan talk about laissez-faire, lets look at the 'decisive' Cons.. Maybe if Harper had put us in a position where fighter jet replacements were on the production line to replace our decrepit F18's we could be pointing a lot of fingers. Truth is the allies won't miss our tired F18's and you can't blame Trudeau for inheriting years that Harper was sitting on that file and rotating on it over and over again.. You can't blame Trudeau for the fact that we have no supply ships in this country.

How a Chilean vessel fills in for Canadian Navy supply ships | Ottawa Citizen

Doesn't take much to see that Mr Harper was a big time Mr Dithers over a long span of time..

Old 03-05-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Didn't the price of oil start to tank back in 2014? Where was Mr Dithers back then to come up with a plan to deal with low term low oil prices? Didn't take a genius to figure out by 2015 (when Dithers was still in power with his majority) that a plan would need to be in place and executed. Where/what was Dithers' plan for oil infrastructure let alone action re oil infrastructure?

Old 03-05-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Didn't the price of oil start to tank back in 2014? Where was Mr Dithers back then to come up with a plan to deal with low term low oil prices? Didn't take a genius to figure out by 2015 (when Dithers was still in power with his majority) that a plan would need to be in place and executed. Where/what was Dithers' plan for oil infrastructure let alone action re oil infrastructure?
True. I just don't understand people who blame Trudeau for the lack of good governance by the previous government.

Some seem to want to blame him and Notely for the price of oil, instead of asking why did we put so many of our eggs into one basket?

Old 03-05-2016, 01:51 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post

You do have a nice guy currently in the White House. I think he's more intellectual than Trudeau but his heart seems to be generally in the same place as Trudeau's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada