Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 12:17 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,713,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I have absolutely never been happier to be a Canadian.. I'll make no damned apologies for it and I don't care what anyone says. For what was supposed to be the greatest democracy in the world - this election just shattered that myth into a million pieces as far as i'm concerned.. For a people to vote the biggest absolute idiot ever as their President all I can say is go for it. Vote a big idiot in as your President while the rest of the world realigns itself away from your total and absolute lunacy.

I think this will be a turning point for our great nation that is Canada and the world at large. More people will value what we the Canadian people represent to the world which is a a sane, stable and reasonable democracy and they will be attracted to it and rightfully so.

Thanks America, if anything the accusation is that we as a country that is Canada don't have an identity I think that will completely be shattered moving forward. We don't as far as i'm concerned need to ride on your coattails because quite frankly we don't really get more than half of you anymore and that is ok because we do have an identity, we do have our own values because I know it would never ever have been possible for a Donald Trump to be our leader in Canada.

Laurier once said the 20th century belongs to Canada - well he was off a century or two but he got it right in the end even if he was off a bit. The world needs more of us!

Welcome to the new Canada and to all our friends in the U.S who share our values, true and progressive and fair values for all, please join our country in our next chapter to create the worlds best new democracy. The only negative - its a bit cold up here but you'll deal and once you get over that you'll see what truly is the best representation of a nation that does and will exist in the world.

I am Canadian and make no apologies for it. If you don't like it look at what is the alternative and then look really deep inside yourself.
You and me both my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 12:58 AM

4,865 posts, read 10,528,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I have absolutely never been happier to be a Canadian.. I'll make no damned apologies for it and I don't care what anyone says. For what was supposed to be the greatest democracy in the world - this election just shattered that myth into a million pieces as far as i'm concerned.. For a people to vote the biggest absolute idiot ever as their President all I can say is go for it. Vote a big idiot in as your President while the rest of the world realigns itself away from your total and absolute lunacy.

I think this will be a turning point for our great nation that is Canada and the world at large. More people will value what we the Canadian people represent to the world which is a a sane, stable and reasonable democracy and they will be attracted to it and rightfully so.

Thanks America, if anything the accusation is that we as a country that is Canada don't have an identity I think that will completely be shattered moving forward. We don't as far as i'm concerned need to ride on your coattails because quite frankly we don't really get more than half of you anymore and that is ok because we do have an identity, we do have our own values because I know it would never ever have been possible for a Donald Trump to be our leader in Canada.

Laurier once said the 20th century belongs to Canada - well he was off a century or two but he got it right in the end even if he was off a bit. The world needs more of us!

Welcome to the new Canada and to all our friends in the U.S who share our values, true and progressive and fair values for all, please join our country in our next chapter to create the worlds best new democracy. The only negative - its a bit cold up here but you'll deal and once you get over that you'll see what truly is the best representation of a nation that does and will exist in the world.

I am Canadian and make no apologies for it. If you don't like it look at what is the alternative and then look really deep inside yourself.
I can't be particularly happy when the new leader of our superpower neighbour, with his fellow Republicans controlling congress, the senate, and soon the supreme court, wants to gut trade with us and put up barriers to entry to Canadians who adhere to the Muslim religion. This is all VERY bad for business and I a Millenial just trying to get established in this world. Not looking forward to trade wars with the US, not when we trusted the US, signed NAFTA, and now can't just restructure easily and go back to how things were. This will ruin us.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:07 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
I can't be particularly happy when the new leader of our superpower neighbour, with his fellow Republicans controlling congress, the senate, and soon the supreme court, wants to gut trade with us and put up barriers to entry to Canadians who adhere to the Muslim religion. This is all VERY bad for business and I a Millenial just trying to get established in this world. Not looking forward to trade wars with the US, not when we trusted the US, signed NAFTA, and now can't just restructure easily and go back to how things were. This will ruin us.
The thing with Donald though is that he is a talker. He likes Putin because he thinks Putin likes him. So he could be easy to get along with and easily manipulated if we compliment his hair and his short fingers. Narcissists are often that way. I am not sure just how many of the things he says he will do he can actually legally do.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:11 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
congrats Americans. The people actually won:
Now it is time to lock her up.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Odd how so many demographics were against Trump even all the polls turned out to be wrong yet Repubs won everything,
Wonder how easy it would be to manipulate the American electronic voting system?

Old 11-09-2016, 03:30 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Odd how so many demographics were against Trump even all the polls turned out to be wrong yet Repubs won everything,
Wonder how easy it would be to manipulate the American electronic voting system?
answer is simple: the polls are wrong and essentially useless.

remember th Ontario election when it was supposed to be neck to neck and then it was not even a competition. I honestly do not why those survey companies still exist.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:07 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
Absolute g a r b a g e. I am speechless.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:12 AM

20 posts, read 18,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Absolute g a r b a g e. I am speechless.
If you talk about the cowards who try to move if they don't get the president they want, I am as well.

If you talk about how the election turned out, then Hail Mister President!

Old 11-09-2016, 07:03 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
Sickening...... Totally embarrassed for my state.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:46 AM

5,899 posts, read 6,104,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
answer is simple: the polls are wrong and essentially useless.

remember th Ontario election when it was supposed to be neck to neck and then it was not even a competition. I honestly do not why those survey companies still exist.
Exit polls seem to suggest that people that disliked both candidates (and possibly even disliked Trump more but strongly disliked both) voted for Trump as a **** you to the political system.

Also Trump did win other demographics than just uneducated white men, he won among several female demographics, like married women and white women, even though he did win among women as a whole. And he still got about a quarter of Latinos' votes which is more than I expected (a lot more than the <10% from blacks).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada