Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 11:17 AM

55 posts, read 114,782 times

Advertisements

I am hoping the title doesn't dislike the Canadian people...but we need some help over here :-)

Let me start by saying that we have visiting Canada for 6 times already.
Last time was Vancouver Island and as always, great time there in Canada.

Now, our travel agency has a trip in Nova Scotia, starting in Halifax, Liscombe, Baddeck, Cabot Trail, Mabou, CharlotteTown, Edward Island, Fundy ...

Our 'problem' is, that after visiting Canada ( from east - west and everything in between) will it be breath taking or is it lesser adventure then west CA with their wildlife etc.?

Thank you for your time,

Kind regards,

Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 12:17 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
There is beautiful scenery in Nova scotia. Specially on Cape Breton Island. The culture and history of Nova Scotia is much more interesting than anything out west.

Have a great time.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:21 PM

55 posts, read 114,782 times
Well, Thank you Urban Luis! Like your status too!

Old 08-07-2019, 07:18 PM

143 posts, read 133,169 times
Ask Acajack it's where he grew up.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
While Nova Scotia doesnt have the Rocky Mountains for spectacular scenary it is very scenic in its own right,add the food,the music, the friendly people and you have a recipe for a memorable trip.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=nova+...w=1098&bih=546

Old 08-08-2019, 07:02 AM

401 posts, read 426,083 times
Rob,

You indicated the following

CharlotteTown, Edward Island

I assume you mean Charlottetown in Prince Edward Island (PEI)??

If so PEI is not in NS it is a separate place you would need to take a ferry or a bridge to. PEI is very different than NS....miles of red sand beaches, potato farms, beautiful scenery, friendly locals, great music, etc if you going to visit NS it is worth seeing PEI for a few days. PEI is so much more than just Charlottetown so get out and explore.

And yes Nova Socita is worth seeing too!!

Old 08-09-2019, 06:40 AM

26,873 posts, read 37,997,315 times
I will confirm and add to what others have said.

The scenery is beautiful and in some cases spectacular, but very different from that of BC.

On Cape Breton Island the Cabot Trail is a must-see as is the reconstructed Fortress of Louisbourg.

Halifax is a pretty nice city and quite interesting to visit.

The Annapolis Valley (Wolfville, Kentville, etc.) northeast of Halifax is a beautiful area with charming towns, orchards, wineries, etc.

Peggy's Cove on the south coast just west of Halifax is extremely touristy but you still have to go.

Just a bit further west of Peggy's Cove are the towns of Lunenburg and Mahone Bay. One of them is a UNESCO world heritage site I believe.

PEI is also definitely worth it if you can fit it in to a trip to Nova Scotia. The beaches on the north coast of the island are gorgeous and the water is the warmest north of Virginia or the Carolinas (or something like that).

Nova Scotia has gorgeous beaches too but the water is freezing cold even in mid-summer pretty much everywhere.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:55 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I will confirm and add to what others have said.

The scenery is beautiful and in some cases spectacular, but very different from that of BC.

On Cape Breton Island the Cabot Trail is a must-see as is the reconstructed Fortress of Louisbourg.

Halifax is a pretty nice city and quite interesting to visit.

The Annapolis Valley (Wolfville, Kentville, etc.) northeast of Halifax is a beautiful area with charming towns, orchards, wineries, etc.

Peggy's Cove on the south coast just west of Halifax is extremely touristy but you still have to go.

Just a bit further west of Peggy's Cove are the towns of Lunenburg and Mahone Bay. One of them is a UNESCO world heritage site I believe.

PEI is also definitely worth it if you can fit it in to a trip to Nova Scotia. The beaches on the north coast of the island are gorgeous and the water is the warmest north of Virginia or the Carolinas (or something like that).

Nova Scotia has gorgeous beaches too but the water is freezing cold even in mid-summer pretty much everywhere.
^ Acajack beat me to it.

I have relatives in BC and have been there. Love it. It is truly gorgeous.

But Atlantic Canada is a different kind of beauty, and the Atlantic is a very different ocean.

I'm not a huge fan of cities, but as cities go, Halifax is quite nice. If you really want to enjoy Nova Scotia, get out in the countryside and along the coast.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:40 AM

2 posts, read 1,632 times
Thanks I also want to know more about NS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada