Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 04:51 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,407,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think either Nat or Chevy (somebody here anyway) are in occasional contact with Fusion2, but he posted here that he had decided to take a break from CD some time ago.
That would be me. Yes, still in occasional contact, though it has been a while. He decided to take a break from C-D, but he also had a lot going on in his life (not all of it pleasant) that required more attention than we did. I still have his contact info though, so maybe I'll drop him a line at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 03:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
We didn't always see eye to eye but he was a gem. Y'tgadal...

Old 02-27-2021, 06:08 PM

3,450 posts, read 2,775,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
We didn't always see eye to eye but he was a gem. Y'tgadal...
What language is that?

Old 02-27-2021, 06:22 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post

What language is that?
https://www.google.ca/search?source=...4dUDCAk&uact=5

Old 03-06-2021, 01:56 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,860,299 times
It's been years since I've posted, but I always enjoyed jambo's posts. He will be missed.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:00 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,319,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Thanks for the update BIMBAM. We knew Jambo was quite sick, on dialysis in his home and could no longer easily leave the confines of his home by last August.

Rest in peace Jambo, you were a good egg and are missed.

There are a couple of other Canadians who were regular and dependable long-term posters on the Canada forum and have suddenly gone MIA in recent months with no word from them. Mikeyyc living in Texas but from Alberta has been missing since last summer, and Netwit in Manitoba, a nearly daily poster standing up under great burdens on her shoulders .... she has been very suddenly missing since before Christmas. So I worry about them, miss them and hope they are okay and that covid didn't take them away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Sad news about Jambo. I always enjoyed his posts, and he and I had some great conversations via PM also.

Zoisite, I've also wondered about Mikeyyc and Netwit. I hope that they are okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Wondered about both of them, especially netwit, because I know she dealt with a lot. I believe she has most of the responsibility of managing a farm and taking care of a her husband, who wasn't well. I've thought about her several times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Wondering myself.

Hope they are both OK. I loved Netwit's take on life. The fact that she lived and worked on a farm, also added something to CD.
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about jambo, if it is in fact him.

So sorry to have worried any of you. My life has been taken over by the subdivision of our farm. Basically selling off most of the land as I have decided I can do this no more. Still keeping 15 acres so it's not like I've moved to city life.

The good news is that I've received conditional approval and the other good news is that I have a sale, dependent on the permanent approval, of the land, for what is probably the highest price per acre ever paid in my area. Which came courtesy of my brother who believed it would sell for so much and took on the task of selling it.

I found it all too overwhelming and would never have had the nerve to ask what he was asking. So he's currently my favourite brother! He wouldn't take any money for his efforts so I rewarded him and his family with each their own lobster dinner (at home, not in a restaurant).

The bad news is that the price of lumber has gone through the roof. It reminds me of a good news/bad news joke The point of selling the land was to build a house more disabled-friendly, for my husband and potentially my parents. I could still build it but it would be a lot more expensive than I had figured on. So I'm not sure in which direction I'm going with that.

In other good news my husband and parents will get their first vaccine shot this week.

I hope everyone is well and thanks for thinking of me.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:13 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times
Yay Netwit - you're back!! Thank heavens. So glad to hear you are all okay !!! Thanks for the update about what's going on.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:53 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,010,075 times
Thanks for checking in netwit. Glad to hear everything is OK!

Old 03-22-2021, 01:10 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times
Glad to hear from you Netwit and happy all is well.

I haven't checked the costs, but friends in Saskatchewan had RTM house moved onto their land. They even had a basement added. Might work for you and your family?

https://www.starreadytomovehomes.com

Old 03-22-2021, 03:01 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,319,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Glad to hear from you Netwit and happy all is well.

I haven't checked the costs, but friends in Saskatchewan had RTM house moved onto their land. They even had a basement added. Might work for you and your family?

https://www.starreadytomovehomes.com
Yeah, I'm considering all options, and RTM homes are part of them. Another one is a major renovation but that might mean moving out of the house for a while. I understand the trades are all backed up too.

I'm not at all sure I want to stay here after my husband and my mother pass away, so I'm not sure it makes sense investing in my dream home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada