Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 05:57 PM

1,132 posts, read 610,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotte View Post
First they came for the Rebel News, and I did not speak out—because they are not real journalists.
Equating Nazi's atrocities to this is a tad dramatic. I'm pretty sure the evil RCMP won't be knocking down my door because I disagreed with Justin's wisdom :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2024, 06:52 PM

100 posts, read 93,583 times
How reassuring. Justin is just getting started.

Old 01-15-2024, 01:20 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,408,524 times
If you're thinking that Justin Trudeau is some kind of mastermind, along the lines of Godfather Vito Corleone, then you'd be wrong.

Justin is as dumb as a post. At least, Don Vito could come up with various schemes that could never be traced back to him--it was his patsies that he set up to take the fall. Justin Trudeau cannot muster enough brain cells to do that. Oh, he can try to shut down Rebel News, but he will be unsuccessful under our Charter. Justin is not a dictator. But he's still dumb as a post.

As for Rebel News, I'll grant that there may be two dozen--oh hell, I'll be generous, make it three dozen--Canadians who take it seriously. Ezra Levant, its founder, is a well-known right-wing s**t disturber, who has already run one right-wing magazine (the Western Standard) and one TV channel (SunTV) into the ground with right-wing BS, so he starts up "Rebel News." Which few Canadians know about, and those that do, tend to ignore it. The only way Rebel News gets any attention is by pulling stunts like this. And not surprisingly, Canadians continue to ignore them.

Rebel News is not news. It is right-wing opinion, and being mostly opinion, does not deserve press accreditation, as it does not report hard news. As such, it is a source that most Canadians would disregard, assuming they knew about it, which they don't. OP, you're gonna have to try harder if you expect to get a rise out of the Canadians here.

Old 01-15-2024, 08:52 AM

3,454 posts, read 2,779,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
If you're thinking that Justin Trudeau is some kind of mastermind, along the lines of Godfather Vito Corleone, then you'd be wrong.

Justin is as dumb as a post. At least, Don Vito could come up with various schemes that could never be traced back to him--it was his patsies that he set up to take the fall. Justin Trudeau cannot muster enough brain cells to do that. Oh, he can try to shut down Rebel News, but he will be unsuccessful under our Charter. Justin is not a dictator. But he's still dumb as a post.

As for Rebel News, I'll grant that there may be two dozen--oh hell, I'll be generous, make it three dozen--Canadians who take it seriously. Ezra Levant, its founder, is a well-known right-wing s**t disturber, who has already run one right-wing magazine (the Western Standard) and one TV channel (SunTV) into the ground with right-wing BS, so he starts up "Rebel News." Which few Canadians know about, and those that do, tend to ignore it. The only way Rebel News gets any attention is by pulling stunts like this. And not surprisingly, Canadians continue to ignore them.

Rebel News is not news. It is right-wing opinion, and being mostly opinion, does not deserve press accreditation, as it does not report hard news. As such, it is a source that most Canadians would disregard, assuming they knew about it, which they don't. OP, you're gonna have to try harder if you expect to get a rise out of the Canadians here.
If you want to get a rise out of Canadians, tell them you prefer Vermont maple syrup.

Old 01-15-2024, 09:00 AM

Reise, Reise

Old 01-15-2024, 12:06 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,014,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grotte View Post
Um, note that "reise" in German has nothing to do with the English word "rise".

"Reise" means "travel".

Old 01-15-2024, 12:25 PM

2,396 posts, read 1,564,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Um, note that "reise" in German has nothing to do with the English word "rise".

"Reise" means "travel".
true this song relates to life's journey as being somewhat of a struggle

Old 01-15-2024, 01:19 PM

Reise, Reise is about mutiny on a ship, and the opening song of the 2004/05 Ahoi! Tour.

Reise, Reise Seemann Reise

Arise, arise seaman arise

Old 01-15-2024, 03:01 PM

1,132 posts, read 610,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
If you want to get a rise out of Canadians, tell them you prefer Vermont maple syrup.
I prefer Chinese maple syrup.... okay I just started a bruhaha.

Old 01-20-2024, 01:24 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
He got arrested for asking an “ambush” type of a question?
The people are ok with this kind of militant tactic?
Good Lord!
This here woman is totally okay with it. The only mistakes the policeman made was in letting the reporter get anywhere close to Freeland in the first place and for that he should be reprimanded and demoted or re-assigned or whatever ..... and he used the wrong word. Instead of using the word assault he should have used the word accostment. That reporter didn't physically assault anyone but he is guilty of accostment - with a video to prove it - and that's not okay. Look up accostment if you don't know what it means.

In case you haven't noticed Freeland is a tiny little woman and that big strong cowardly bully of a man accosted Freeland aggressively, raised his voice at her, tried to intimidate her with his size, got in her space and her face, got in front of and tried to impede and stop her progress as she was walking to work, tried to force her to make eye contact and to respond verbally to him. That's not okay. It's abusive behaviour. It's accostment.

In fact if it had been me there in Freeland's high heeled shoes that she wears to give her some height, the reporter would still be regretting it every year for the rest of his life as he gets examined for new corrective glasses every year. Freeland can't do what I would do because of who she is and the position she represents, so she has to rely on security personnel to keep her safe from the big strong cowardly bully-boys who like to try to intimidate her. But if that had been me being accosted by a cowardly man like she was accosted, and with me also being a tiny little woman just like she is, and me fearing for my safety and my life - that bad man would have gotten a face full of full strength vinegar sprayed directly into his face and eyes. I keep the little spritzer bottle of vinegar handy for some of the bad dogs around here when I'm out gardening, but vinegar works just as well on bad, cowardly bully-boys trying to intimidate tiny little women as it does on bad dogs.

Last edited by Zoisite; 01-20-2024 at 01:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada