Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:02 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,794 times

Advertisements

My co-worker told me yesterday that there was a break through in how they may be able to cure certain types of cancer. I did some research and there does appear to be some really good news. Thing is that I haven't heard much on the news or the media. Sounds like things are moving along fast which surprises me more there hasn't been much attention. They also are stating that the same research is leading to a cure for HIV. I've been working a ton of overtime so haven't had time to keep up on current affairs much. I did a quick search and didn't see anything on the forums either (I'm very sleepy though and could have missed it). Is this more of a longshot than they are letting on? Sounds like it could be another two years to fine tune it all but trails are happening now.

T-cell research could lead to cancer cure

A New Protein Killer Could Be The Much Sought-After Cure For Cancer | TheTechJournal.com

Cancer breakthrough: Drugs target specific genes - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
It was trotted on the TV news, both local and national, a few days ago. Getting to the clinical trial stage will take time AFAIR.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,916,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
It was trotted on the TV news, both local and national, a few days ago. Getting to the clinical trial stage will take time AFAIR.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
The one article I read said it would be about two years for more trails. Hopefully it's something that keeps the momentum going. I just hope they don't drag things out. Stupid question but is there any way for folks to sign up for the trails or is it something hard to get into? Very intrigued about the news coming forth. Know can't get overexcited but it really sounds like they have made some major recent strides.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:47 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
You can go to www.nih.gov and look for the clinical trials page. See if you qualify for anything now and keep checking later on.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:00 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Cancer cure known for 35 years?

https://www.burzynskimovie.com/index...article&id=110

Old 06-12-2011, 01:03 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times
Dr Burzynski is a fraud peddling very expensive dreams to very desparate people. His claims of a high success rate are completely bogus.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Dr Burzynski is a fraud peddling very expensive dreams to very desparate people. His claims of a high success rate are completely bogus.
I agree on the bogus claims.

The bogus claims or those who propose treatments that are more harmful not proven or fraudent are a special breed of *******.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:42 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,020 times
There's been known cures for cancer and aids for decades...do some research OUTSIDE of mainstream, and stop looking for all that data rubbish that's insisted upon by the authorities, those same authorities have been lying to you and the rest of the community for the same number of decades.

The data required by the authorities is impossible to get because funding is NOT given to anyone for research purposes if they have a desire to push a different barrow to the institutionalised rule makers and governing authorities.

The masses should really wake up and ask where all those squidillions of dollars have gone over the last several decades in that ellusive search for that 'cure?' - Which is of course "just around the next bend".

Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times
Stanislaw Burzynski and "Antineoplastons"

And some quick thoughts on how balanced the information in the movie is:

QUACK-QUACK Goes Burzynski - Page 1 - Movies - New York - Village Voice

Old 06-13-2011, 08:36 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,041,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
The masses should really wake up and ask where all those squidillions of dollars have gone over the last several decades in that ellusive search for that 'cure?' - Which is of course "just around the next bend".
As I've said many times, there is no "cure for cancer". Each cancer is a different problem and calls for a different solution.

For example, the treatment for Stage IV Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma that gives ME the best chance for a cure includes radical surgery; IV Chemotherapy using Cytoxin, Adriamycin, Vincristine and a steroid (usually Decadron or Prednisone); additional chemotherapy directly into the spinal cord using Methotrexate; monoclonal antibody therapy using Rituximab; and radiation therapy.

Having been through what I described above, I've been in remission now for almost two years (in September) and when (and if) I hit the five year mark, I will be considered "cured".

I'm sure that lots of money went into the research that ultimately came up with this protocol and these particular drugs. Stop looking for the magic "cure for cancer" because it does not exist. As the cure happens, it will happen one "cancer" at a time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer