Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:25 PM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post

I woudn't wish this lifestlye for my worst enemy. I feel sorry for you people who are "hooked". When I saw my ex freak out because she lost her lighter, I was flabbergasted.
Perhaps, it was one of those days when you had been lecturing to her too much on the evils of smoking, and she didn't freak out because she had a cigarette in her hand without a lighter, she wanted to set fire to your hair!

Or it really wasn't a cigarette in her hand, but a firecracker to light, to stick it down your pants the minute you stood up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 11:01 AM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,667,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Perhaps, it was one of those days when you had been lecturing to her too much on the evils of smoking, and she didn't freak out because she had a cigarette in her hand without a lighter, she wanted to set fire to your hair!

Or it really wasn't a cigarette in her hand, but a firecracker to light, to stick it down your pants the minute you stood up.
Oh no don't be in denial, you know how it goes. She has to have a minimum of 2 packs and 2 lighters with her at ALL TIMES. What a way to exist... sigh

Old 12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
ttz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Allow this old soldier to close for us with this salute to all those who won't understand that we are trying to protect their rights too this way..............

The Tightwad over and out!
And you want to know what is really funny?

I am in the United States Air Force! Chew on that!

It's not about protecting our freedoms, it's protecting your life and being FREE. FREE from the grips of a drug that makes you heavily dependent on it by companies who are lining their pockets at your expense!

Quote:
Sorry, no comment
Hahaha you know I am right! Were you in your teens when you started smoking?

Old 12-22-2009, 11:18 AM
ttz

Quote:
Some day I hope people will wake up to the fact that it's the chemicals in cigarettes that kill people since they have so little tobacco in them. "There are over 4,000 chemicals in cigarettes. 51 of them are known to be carcinogenic. "
I do agree that these store brand cigs are a lot worse for you than pure tobacco, they are also less addictive. But they are still bad for you. Any time you inhale smoke it can't be good for your lungs. Period. The lungs were designed for AIR, not smoke. Their primary function is to collect O2 to put it into the bloodstream, not nicotine. And with smoke aside, nicotine is bad in itself, it raises Cholesterol and causes hardening of the arteries. But this in itself (ingesting nicotine) is a LOT better than smoking... The most damage from cigarettes is the actual smoke.

As a side note, these new e-cigarettes seem like the way to go though! If you must smoke and can't quit. Even if the FDA said there are 1 or 2 chemicals in them... a couple chemicals vs 4,000. Hmmmm

Old 12-22-2009, 08:07 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,705,492 times
Nope smoke isn't good for the lungs.....that is why you cough....Kind of simple...of course I hear my husband cough all morning but he likes to pretend he has allergies

Old 12-24-2009, 02:08 AM

Sometimes when I laugh, a cough comes out simultaneously.

Perhaps you've set some anti-smoking literature down next to every ashtray in the house, and when he looks at the literature, he starts to laugh, then cough.

Or, sometimes, when I read something that has blatant lies in it, I cough as well, while shaking my head in disbelief.

Or he may be coughing unnecessarily, just to annoy you.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:24 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,705,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Sometimes when I laugh, a cough comes out simultaneously.

Perhaps you've set some anti-smoking literature down next to every ashtray in the house, and when he looks at the literature, he starts to laugh, then cough.

Or, sometimes, when I read something that has blatant lies in it, I cough as well, while shaking my head in disbelief.

Or he may be coughing unnecessarily, just to annoy you.
No I don't think he does that silly goose!

Old 02-13-2010, 05:03 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,428,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Nope smoke isn't good for the lungs.....that is why you cough....Kind of simple...of course I hear my husband cough all morning but he likes to pretend he has allergies
There were 6 of us in my family. My parents, me and my 3 sisters. 3 members of my family are dead now, the 3 that smoked, I bet my parents wanted to see their grand kids when they grew up.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:01 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,217,975 times
Quote:
Darn! Whenever I see a thread on any of the many forums I visit about tobacco ,or smoking, someone will crawl out from under a rock somewhere to proselytize about the evils of tobacco when most of these so called self proclaimed experts don't know diddly about tobacco at all. They just parrot the anti tobacco redderick they've been brain washed into believing

If ya don't like to tobacco fine just don't bombard me ,or others that do, with your self righteous drivel 'cause it makes you look like a moron to other people.
You're right! Curse those people. How dare they voice their opinion on some forum? If they don't like tobacco, that means they don't know what they're talking about, or they're purposely lying by spreading all that "redderick" about how it's a health hazard! The morons!

lol

Old 03-16-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post

I woudn't wish this lifestlye for my worst enemy. I feel sorry for you people who are "hooked". When I saw my ex freak out because she lost her lighter, I was flabbergasted.
Probably the reason she freaked out when she lost her lighter, is because, at the time, you were giving her a long, long lecture on the ill effects of smoking.

You probably didn't notice the concealed dynamite stick under her dress, which she wanted to light with her lighter and then shove it in your mouth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer