Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2014, 05:53 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times

Advertisements

Cyn......so glad to read your post...but now I am worried about you driving that car until the brakes get fixed.....be careful! So thoughtful of all the angels in your pathway yesterday. Angels or "allies"

I tend to think of life as a journey....a trek through the wild....and as we leave the threshold of the familiar and safe....we are beset with challenges and obstacles. There are tricksters who will try to waylay us and get us off track and there are allies, waiting to guide us back and give us the magic to overcome and persevere and successfully complete the journey.

Whatever....those simple acts of kindness......put you back on track......thankfully!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 06:09 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
... There are tricksters who will try to waylay us and get us off track and there are allies, waiting to guide us back and give us the magic to overcome and persevere and successfully complete the journey.

Whatever....those simple acts of kindness......put you back on track......thankfully!
And often those tricksters are in our mind / responses.

In such times of crisis, it is very ez to get lost in the forest of fear. (BTDT)

Someone will loan you another car if the Brakes don't do the trick.

I have been know to have to rent a car to bridge some crisis' when I didn't have time to do brakes.

Hotwire got me by, it is a hassle, tho was REALLY nice to be free of yet one more worry (old car)

Old 07-19-2014, 05:19 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
Oh my oh dear...the roller coaster ride goes on...................
So DH is scared..the people working the weekend shift are not our favorites. His cuff on his trache came off and the little portable vent alarm went off but apparently no one heard it right away---really scared him--no air. That would scare me too. Apparently this portable Trilogy ventilator does not hook up directly to their phones but even though an alarm does go off it is not always easy to hear...WHAT??? I'm working on getting something done about that even if I have to have the entire ALS committee on it. This rehab cannot afford to have the ALS refer their patients elsewhere! I will not stop until I talk to the president of the hospital if necessary-- This is just so bad.....

Old 07-19-2014, 05:32 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Sorry to read that, Cyn.
I thought they had special monitors or something, to avoid such things from happening. I can very well understand how scary it was for him, and for you. Keep fighting for his rights, girl. Too many people just don't say or do anything, but if no one speaks up, no change will take place.
Big hugs.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:33 PM

Keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers. Good Night cyn.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:19 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Im keeping you all in my thoughts CYN

Old 07-20-2014, 05:19 AM

Back to the rehab early today as it is suppose to rain this afternoon. I hope today is a better day! My girlfriend that we stayed with when we first moved here is going to come by this afternoon and help me clean the house so it will be clean when Amber comes although I am sure they will be at her brothers house more then here still want it clean! So nice of my friend to offer.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:01 PM

I had a lovely morning at church. The music was outstanding......a flutist and keyboard player did some impromptu or improvisational music moody and soulful. The first piece the wooden flute sounded like a native American flute....but the melody transformed into Mediterranean style--like the call to prayer from a mosque or a Hebraic melody a cantor would sing. It was amazing. The regular flute sounded like bird melody in the woods.....and the base flute was solemn and spiritual.

Cyn, I did keep you and your loved one in mind during the period of prayer and sharing.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:14 PM

The music sounds heavenly elston--truly like heaven!

Old 07-20-2014, 05:37 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
The music sounds heavenly elston--truly like heaven!
Elston, the music always affects me too. Gets me out of the mundane frenzied world.

Hello cyn, i may not post here often, but I think of and your DH every time i visit CD. Please be easy on your self as well. Caregivers code! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving