Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Cyn.....Just stopping by to check in with you and to wish you and your DH a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
Good morning cyn!!!

Awesome, I am proud of you,...now you know how to put in insulation. I wish I could have helped you....I am weird and love doing insulation. But it's good that you are learning more things.

Ooh...I didn't know you sold Levi's. I love the old Levis for working. Send me a Dm when you get a chance and I will keep an eye on your site

Wishing you and your hubby well today. Stay warm. It's supposed to be a cold week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsidw View Post
I have been my wife's caregiver for 40 years, she has had diabetes for 60 years. I am needing some mental health. She cannot control her blood sugars and resists my attempts to help. I get angry and more angry when her sugar are one day 40 and the next 550.
Our life is out of control

We just moved to South Florida and are alone, our only son is 100 miles away and is busy with his family.
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. Did you move to a community? Maybe you can find a support group.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Good morning everyone!
I agree with younglisa here alsiew....there are several sites online that may give you some direction to get some help as well. There is always some kind of assistance but you will have to do some research. I am so sorry to hear about all of your problems but it sounds like you have been a wonderful caregiver to your wife--she is very lucky.

It's funny YL because I remembered you saying how you enjoyed putting in insulation a long time ago--odd how some things stick in our little brains isn't it? We don't have near the amount of Levis listed right now because that was always DH's job--he enjoyed that and lately he is having problems getting the pictures and then listing them but we do have some up and will probably be listing more soon and I will send you a DM.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:09 AM

So I just listed our 45 year old coin slot pay phone. Kinda sad because DH had hoped at one point when we were still in CA to buy or build a phone booth and have this phone out by our pool. The phone even has the original keys to open the coin drawer and to open the phone, it's chrome, has under the counter bells--just a really cool item and it works!! In a way I find it hard selling things that had so many memories but we have a 2,400 sq foot metal building full of things we have to sell and get the money. The transmission parts were suppose to be our retirement and DH planned to sell a little weekly for a little extra income to supplement his SS but now we need to sell it all ASAP. So many of the items are still carefully packed away in the wood crates--my DH is so obsessive compulsive---everything has to be perfect and in it's proper place. That is why at one time he had such a successful business. His customers trusted him totally. But CA was to expensive to keep a business and my husband was tired and wanted to retire-------
I think I need to go out in the sun even though it is cold--I need the break right now.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,103 times
Good mornig cyn and friends.
Aisidw......sorry for your troubles and hope you find the help you need. It is out there

Cyn....proud of you girl with all you are doing. Look at what you are doing and don't sell yourself short.

hugs and smiles for you today

Old 01-22-2013, 08:28 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,324,343 times
Good morning Cyn.
You need a break now and then - I'll repeat myself, but step by step is the way to go, and breaks are part of the whole thing.
Good luck with the sales!
( big hug from the little one and I)

Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,675,103 times
someone posted this in another forum and I thought to myself......how true.

"do you know the people that are the strongest are usually the most sensitive? Did you know the people who exhibit the most kindness are the first to get mistreated? Did you know the one who takes care of others all the time are usually the ones who need it the most? Did you know the 3 hardest things to say are I love you, I'm sorry, and Help me. Sometimes just because a person looks happy, you have to look past their smile and see how much pain they may be in."

Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 AM

Thanks EM--that is so true! At least I hope for me it's true too. My poor DH just started sobbing and said he is so tired of waking up feeling bad--he is so sad....he said he just wants to wake up feeling good and not sorry for himself..I held him and told him I loved him. Not sure what else I can do....

Last edited by cynwldkat; 01-22-2013 at 09:13 AM..

Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
You did EXACTLY what you needed to do!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 PM

It sure does zap every bit of everything a person has inside them.....I am so torn...oh my this is so sad. I get going ok, start taking some pictures get my mind working on how to properly describe said item and then wham.......now all I can think about is how he must feel and how to make him feel better. OK--I'm done--just needed to talk about it.....thanks for being here! I feel better just getting it off my chest. The day is so pretty outside even though it's only about 38 degrees and windy--blue blue skies. Think I'll go have a word with the big guy above.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving