Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 11:43 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for everything. What would I do without all of you? We've had some wicked rain and thunder and lightening so far and lots more to come. I hope our friends drive carefully. We went to the store and got the necessities so we're pretty set as long as we have electricity--if not at least our friend can help me with the generator. I have one little gray kitty that hates really hates thunder and lightening almost as much as she hates visitors....could be a tough night for her but if she insists on being outside even in bad weather I won't stop her but I will of course worry. But that is what I do well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 05:50 AM

Good morning friends!
Woke up to some lovely weather here. Our visit is going well although I know my DH is uncomfortable at not being able to talk and having to write everything but these friends are very patient and kind. Not sure what we will do today since we really don't leave the house much...maybe a short ride and the Post Office. We'll see.....

Old 05-16-2014, 08:10 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,149 times
Cyn, good morning. Finally a day when you dont 'need' to do stuff! Make the best out of it. I hope you do. watch a movie together! An old favorite maybe?

Old 05-16-2014, 01:17 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends!
Woke up to some lovely weather here. Our visit is going well although I know my DH is uncomfortable at not being able to talk and having to write everything but these friends are very patient and kind. Not sure what we will do today since we really don't leave the house much...maybe a short ride and the Post Office. We'll see.....
So glad the visit's going well- as for what to do, I'd bet your friends will be happy to just visit with you and DH- that's what they came for, no?

Enjoy it, and have a good weekend!

Old 05-16-2014, 05:22 PM

It's been nice....they will be leaving tomorrow.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:20 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
Hi Cyn and friends!

Glad you had some company.

My company (parents) has been here for a week already and boy they are exhausting, lol. My mom and I went shopping this afternoon and she drove me nuts! Other than that everything is fine, but the sweetpea is spoiled rotten

Big hugs my Cyn. As always, I may not post much but I'm around!

Old 05-17-2014, 04:55 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Hello cyn and friends. A special hello to Sudcaro....who we haven't seen recently. Good to hear that things are fine with the sweet pea....aside from being spoiled rotten by visiting grandparents.

Cyn....glad the visit with friends went well.......it must be emotional to say "good bye" under the circumstances....but then in truth we never know what the future holds for any of us.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:20 AM

Good morning friends!
Yes, the good-byes were emotional...I feel like crying. I enjoyed the company for not only myself but also for my DH.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:35 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning friends!
Yes, the good-byes were emotional...I feel like crying. I enjoyed the company for not only myself but also for my DH.
is OK... my 'young' 84 yr old friend and I both had a good cry as I left him last month to return to Thailand. He felt he knew what was gonna happen and that we might not be buddies together here on this earth again.

He fell soon after I left, and is not gonna recover.. too bad, as 84 is quite young for most. But when you know it's over... tough to say goodbye. (and tougher to recover).

I tear up every time I think of the many yrs I had to leave my grandparent's farm to return to School and our Colorado ranch for the long winter. We all cried, every yr.

We are all blessed to have the few precious memories and meet-ups with our dear friends and family. Pleasant or not, Cherish them all. (as painful as departures are). Not worth fighting emotions. Mine seem to POUR out!

Hang in there, be brave, (it takes a lot of that!!!!) and be genuine and all that is involved with being sincere (send tissues please).

Old 05-17-2014, 09:40 AM

Thanks, and yes, it is not easy. I am sincere I am genuine but brave has eluded me---more so lately. I feel very lonely right now....even with my DH sitting near me..I still feel lonely. Silence is hard and he has so much to say. It will be a long day. I am trying very hard to keep busy listing things online even though people do not seem to be into buying right now. At least I am trying and also staying busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving