Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 06:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Good morning all my friends! Thank you for the nice words...and I do understand but it still hurts me so much to think I would say something so hurtful---and not even think about it first. I am going to be so careful from now on......I really did not mean for it sound the way it did but I can certainly see how he heard it. He said several times last night he would try not to make this illness last to long----I know it was just words and he doesn't mean it because he is a fighter but it really hurt to hear him say it. He even had a hard time relaxing to go to sleep even with his sleeping medication. I learned a big lesson from this and it will not happen again! His feelings are so fragile right now and I have to be more aware of that....sigh....

It's once again dreary and damp here today with drizzle in the forecast. Really looking forward to some more sunny weather!
Today I will call Marlboro to tell them about the trip---wish me luck!!!
Have a lovely day everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Good Luck with the Marlboro people, fingers crossed.....but however it works out......don't let that upset you.

Being aware of each others feelings is something for both of you to remember....and let "grace" replace "guilt". Its a difficult road the two of you are on.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Good morning cyn.

I am sorry your DH had a rough night the other night.

Try not to feel guilty. Sometimes we just say things without meaning to hurt anyone. It happens. Forgive yourself. You are not a mean person.

That is great that your GD went to him. One time Mike shaved his moustache and our granddaughter wouldn't go near him. And they are best buds. Kids do adjust

Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
Good morning!

Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Good morning Cyn and friends.

Cyn.....we all say things from time to time. They kind of just slip out. At least you realize it.....some never do.

Right now you have enough on your plate to deal with, without beating yourself up. It is a sensitive subject and it is easy to say something someone may get upset with. Everyone reacts different too.
You and I are so much a like. Something like would bother me too but I've been working real hard lately on not beating myself up.
If I do something wrong I acknowledge it and then try to let it go. It's a mistake and everyone makes them from time to time.
So for today I will put the whip away.
I think it is our sensitivity that makes us take everything to heart. If I feel I hurt someone feelings, it hurts me more. The flip side, some take advantage of that too at times.
So for today......you and I will not only put away the whip but love ourselves and know that God knows you are a good person.
And give yourself a big hug. You deserve it.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Exactly! And sometimes even when we are NOT tired or worried, etc..... we say things that do not quite "come out right"! ( I know I do! ) Honey, you have a big, sweet, loving heart - and you would never intentionally say anything to hurt anyone - especially your DH. We all know this - don't you?

You are doing the best you can - and WOW, you have a lot on your plate. I cannot imagine all the things you have to do every single day! AND you are doing a great job!

Hugs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Goodnight dear Cyn.
Don't feel guilty about what you said, when we are overwhelmed and exhausted our tongue may work faster than our brain...
Big hugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I so agree with this......sometimes "things just don't come out right" and we may offend or hurt others, when that is the last thing in the world we would want to do. It happens to almost all of us at times; family and friends understand and that" understanding" is the grease that make relationships work.

Cyn....you are a kind and gentle soul....operating under a lot of pressure and having to confront and think about things .... that no one could ever be prepared for. You are doing great.

Oh.....I almost forgot.....Good Morning cyn, Dear Husband and all the friends.
Cyn, I agree with all these folks, and EM and Lisa too. I can't say not to feel guilty, who wouldn't...but you do have feelings too and they're not good or bad...they're just feelings and they are what they are.

I hope the folks at Marlboro do the right thing for you.

CYL

Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
I called Marlboro and there isn't much they want to do...they said to send in the application and explain why we can't go. Not sure if anything will come of it but we'll do what they ask. I did ask if we could give to a family member but they said no it is not transferable. It made me feel so good because DH wanted to give it to Amber and her DH if he could. He said it would do his heart good. Not sure if they even care at Marlboro--it is a big company and who are we really? Anyhow I tried. We sure didn't need this disappointment right now but I suppose we can say at least we did win something even if we can't use it. I'd love to talk to someone like the CEO at Marlboro but I'd just be wasting my time I guess.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:30 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times
Sorry they didn't try to replace your prize. But you know, whoever you spoke to has no power whatsoever, so if his/her book reads "prizes not transferable", then he/she can't do otherwise. I'm sorry it happened, though. Some things just don't seem fair!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,076,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I called Marlboro and there isn't much they want to do...they said to send in the application and explain why we can't go. Not sure if anything will come of it but we'll do what they ask. I did ask if we could give to a family member but they said no it is not transferable. It made me feel so good because DH wanted to give it to Amber and her DH if he could. He said it would do his heart good. Not sure if they even care at Marlboro--it is a big company and who are we really? Anyhow I tried. We sure didn't need this disappointment right now but I suppose we can say at least we did win something even if we can't use it. I'd love to talk to someone like the CEO at Marlboro but I'd just be wasting my time I guess.
Cyn, if they have a website - go to it. Search for a 'CONTACT US' link. Those are usually at the top or the bottom of a page. If you find it, send them an email. It won't cost anything but a little bit of your time. At the very least, you'll feel better because you'll be able to voice your thoughts and frustrations to them. You never know - it might work and something might come of it!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:52 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
cyn:

As someone who used to work in Dispute Resolutions, I can assure you that a squeaky wheel does get oil. Fill out the paperwork they asked and then keep contacting. Don't give in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving