Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 12:04 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,676,653 times

Advertisements

I am so excited to have discovered this pharmacy that dispenses medications in individually packaged doses, labeled for every single dose (for example, 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, Oct 27; Noon, Tuesday, Oct 27; etc.) There is no additional charge for using this pharmacy; they charge the regular 30-day co-pay.

I have just set up both of my parents with this. I created their online profiles and used my and my husband's email addresses (since they aren't computer savvy) so we can oversee their orders. I live far away from Mom and Dad, but when I visited last week, I saw that they were constantly confused (and bickering) about whether or not they had taken their meds. Their first Pillpack shipment should arrive in a few days, so I'll post again later on to let you know how it's working out. But for now I am so excited! I think it's brilliant!

https://www.pillpack.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 11:15 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,614,805 times
You're lucky. THey don't accept my mom's drug insurance. I think it's more the lousy policy my mom picked than anything pillpack did, though. They were very helpful before I signed my mom up, during the signup, and even after. They were quick to respond to emailed questions, and returned phone calls as promised. I give them 2 thumbs up on pre-customer service alone

I'm reviewing policies this weekend to see if there is a better plan for her, and one that pillpack accepts, so she can switch during open enrollment. It's a great service.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:22 AM

5,328 posts, read 6,018,590 times
If the company is as great as it sounds...this is incredibly good news.

I'm going to pass the information on to every primary care doctor with whom I have contact.

Thanks for the link.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:45 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
If the company is as great as it sounds...this is incredibly good news.

I'm going to pass the information on to every primary care doctor with whom I have contact.

Thanks for the link.
Yes, it does sound great. When I asked my parents' doctor to fax their Rx's to Pillpack, he'd never heard of it, but he was super-excited as I told him about it. The company just started in the last couple of years, but I read everything I could find online about it, and found nothing but positive articles. It is expected to become huge. The history behind the company was an interesting read.

PillPack Raises $4 Million and Launches Nationally in 31 States | BostInno
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving