Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times

Advertisements

I agree.... she would not be eating and YOU will know....
Does Molly still enjoy living? As long as you see that she is, I what do what I could to help her stay longer.

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-23-2010, 02:12 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
Garden,
You are on an emotional roller coaster right now. You WILL know when or if you should "let go."

To keep the story short... Our Collie was named Mollie. Like you, we kept asking if we should stop doing this and that. (I don't want to post the details here because the non-furkid lovers will come haul me away!)

One day, we felt it was time. We still questioned ourselves, but there was a littttttle bit of peace in our hearts. We told Mollie it was okay to go AND the cats surrounded Mollie in a way that was different from the norm. Hard to explain, but hubby and I swear the cats were telling her good-bye as well.

My point is... I think you, of all people, WILL know.

PS I agree with Luvmycat... If your Molly was ready to go, she wouldn't eat at all.
Oh, God, Lola, you are making me weep! Yes, I will know and I thank you for reminding me. This is just so hard getting through to the other side of all this, if there is another side to all this. I will continue to feed Molly, as long as she looks at me directly in the eyes and asks me, as she has been doing.

And as for the details as what you did with your Molly, I know what you are not saying, and I believe. (((HUGS)))

Old 12-23-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I agree.... she would not be eating and YOU will know....
Does Molly still enjoy living? As long as you see that she is, I what do what I could to help her stay longer.
Really balling my eyes out. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you...........

I'm tired. Movie time for me....I am almost finished with the 50 pounds of chicken I am making into the raw diet. Thank God my husband is helping me, or I would have dropped hours ago.

God bless you!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
You have definitely inspired and helped me a LOT since we've "met" here, Garden...I was already starting to learn about natural healing, but I have learned so much from you and I really appreciate you! One of the most important things you've taught me is to really try to communicate with and understand my cats better, to understand when they're trying to "tell" me something through their actions...like when my Harley wasn't eating very well recently, at first I became scared and thought "OMG, she's sick, I have to take her in ", but then I realized she was stressed because she saw me scurrying around so much with all the Christmas madness and knows this is when I usually go home to Boston for the holidays! I assured her that mommy is staying home this year, and like magic her appetite came back and all was well ! If I had taken her in, the whole episode literally could have made her sick because she gets so crazed and stressed out at the vet...it would have been horrible for both of us...!

Thank you, my friend...enjoy those movies and lounging with the pride !
Luv, my friend, thank you for the precious feedback here. I am SO happy that I helped YOU understand WHY Harley was acting the way she was, and as a direct result, saved this baby from a visit to the vet.

You don't know how much YOU helped me today, to continue in my heartfelt passion to help others to understand cats better, and in the process, take better care of them. Above all else, love, quality food, and play are the ultimate healers!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:02 PM

Just before I slip away from here to get involved in movie world and cat world, this I want to share with you. I had to go head to head with my husband today, explaining WHY Molly does not want homeopathy now. I tried teaching him that timing is everything AND that both the healer and the healee have to agree that healing will take place with the modalities involved.

Molly has persistently shown me over and over again, and actually spoken to me, she is not able to handle anything right now except for her medications (allopathic), good food, plenty of rest, play, and above ALL else our love.

I am learning to step away from MY agenda and really listening to Molly's needs. Now I thank God every day for those every medicines she are presently taking that is keeping her alive, in order to continue living here with her family.

I am still praying and hoping that with Molly's permission, down the road, that we are able to encourage her heart to heal to some degree, or at the very most, heal completely with the addition of homeopathy remedies to her treatment plan. This is only going to happen when Molly agrees.

One day at a time........

One moment at a time.......

And know that all is in Divine Order.........

Old 12-24-2010, 08:14 AM

Good morning, everyone!!!

Last night, I fell into bed, exhausted, and the tears that erupted to the surface here and there ( all over this thread and my other one.....) but the same ones never-the-less, which I forced to stop in order not to fall apart........they again came to the surface, and this time, I did not stop them. They started in the kitchen as I was cleaning up for the umpteenth time of the day. My body started shaking, and the sobs, I just could not, could not, control.

Above all else, I have a Mother's heart, and it is so hard to see my Molly ill and fighting for her life.............

Even watching a movie, which I did, only temporarily stilled the storm. For the moment the movie ended, again, my throat was thick with tears. And again they fell. My husband, who has learned being married to me, that women do cry, that crying is nothing to be scared of and it is actually normal for women (and men) to do. Coming from a stiff upper lip mentality, this man has made great strides. He comforted me. He kept hugging me, not letting me go, and we went to bed together, with me still crying.........

That is how I fell asleep. Wrapped in my husband's arms, sobbing, wiping my nose on my pj's so my husband wouldn't have to get up to get a hankie, and the very last thought was a prayer. I said, "Oh, God, for my Wedding Anniversary, I want nothing else except for Molly to get well." Today is our 27th Wedding Anniversary.

This morning, as I have done every morning since this all began, the moment my eyes opened begrudgingly, I looked for Molly. She was not on the bed. This was about 6am, so I just turned over and went back to sleep. The next time I awoke, about 8am, I again awoke and there she was, curled up next to my legs, as she normally is. Molly opened her eyes, and I saw......
Her beautiful deep green jade eyes clear as a bell with no shadows, with no cloudiness. I struggled to keep my vision clear to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and sure enough, Molly's eyes, Molly's entire energy was glowing.

My husband woke up at this time also, and the first thing he did, was to get my stethoscope and listen to Molly's heart. He doesn't know how to count the beats, but he does listen for clarity and rhythm. When he was finished, he had a look of elation on his face, for he said to me that for the first time he can NOT hear Molly's heart murmur, and her heart sounds are distinct, just like some of the other cats' hearts that he has been listening to, in order to compare Molly's heart with.

The last homeopathy remedy we gave her, is helping Molly's heart develop a normal rhythm. And here I was last night, falling apart, not seeing any really lasting change in Molly, and.........well, um, just falling apart.

Does this mean Molly is healed? Not yet. She still is not eating on her own, she has lost a lot of weight, and she is weak. Yes, she is still getting her allopathic medications until Molly expresses to me she no longer needs them, and then she will be slowly weaned off of them, with the closest of supervision. IF that is what my Molly wants.........

There is also another angle to this scenario. The last homeopathic remedy my husband gave Molly 4 days ago, I could "see" was the wrong one. That is when Mamma Lion came to the surface and I put my foot down, explaining to my husband Molly's body is just not ready for this!!!

The more I "saw" Molly, the more my Inner Guidance screamed. Yesterday, while picking up supplies at the grocery store........my husband just happened to purchase the antidote to the very same homeopathic remedy he gave Molly 4 days ago. What urged him to do this, I don't know (yes I do, and I know angels were involved). He came home, told me, showed me, and put it in the cupboard with the other remedies.

And I no longer ignored my "Inner Guidance". Without any kind of scientific proof to back me up, I no longer hesitated, and I gave Molly one pellet of the antidote. Within minutes, I could "see" I was guided correctly.

I looked at my husband this morning, and very quietly asked him will he ever again "be skeptical" of my "gift of knowing", my "gift of hearing"??? He was visibly moved, and told me, "no longer, GOE. I love you. Happy Anniversary!"

For those of you reading this, I do NOT suggest you begin going on hunches unless you KNOW beyond a shadow of doubt that Spirit is guiding you, and NOT your ego. This is NOT easy to differentiate, for it has taken me years to "try" to perfect this gift. And, yes, I still to this day, make mistakes, which in of itself, keeps me very very humble.

Thank you, all again, for your continued interest and support of my Molly and what goes on here behind the scenes. All of us wish every one of you a very BLESSED Christmas, and hoping that your dreams come true as well!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

...........Molly is sitting right now, in the Queen position, head held high and strong, paws delicately crossed, lounging on the back cushion of the love seat in our living room..........We have NOT seen this, her "normal" disposition, since Molly became ill!!!.........

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 12-24-2010 at 09:08 AM..

Old 12-24-2010, 11:22 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,586,460 times
Happy anniversary and Merry Christmas, Garden!!!

I'm caught up in a whirlwind of activity today, but wanted to pop on here to see how Molly and you are doing, and I'm so glad I did! It sounds like you're going to have a GREAT day and Molly's feeling more and more like herself...YEAH!!! You deserve a relaxing, quality cuddle fest, complete with your hubs, movies, lounging cats, and wine tonight...oh, and don't forget the chocolate! LOL!

Old 12-24-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Happy anniversary and Merry Christmas, Garden!!!

I'm caught up in a whirlwind of activity today, but wanted to pop on here to see how Molly and you are doing, and I'm so glad I did! It sounds like you're going to have a GREAT day and Molly's feeling more and more like herself...YEAH!!! You deserve a relaxing, quality cuddle fest, complete with your hubs, movies, lounging cats, and wine tonight...oh, and don't forget the chocolate! LOL!
Already have been in the chocolate! LOL And YES, we are headed for the living room to watch movies.

Have a great and wondrous day, Luv!!! Merry Christmas! (((HUGS)))

Old 12-24-2010, 12:16 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Happy Anniversary and have a merry Christmas, too! All the best to you and your sweet Molly. So glad to hear the good news today.... many hugs

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-24-2010, 01:21 PM

216 posts, read 830,051 times
Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas from all three of us!!
Peace on Earth! And healing for Molly and all God's creatures!

Peace, Love, Merry Christmas!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	crazy cat ladies.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	73179
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats