Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,561,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
My cat sleeps in his little cat bed, which is right next to me on the bed. He stays curled up in there all night long, if I wake up at night, I can just reach out and pet him, then go back to sleep. I have never been able to sleep with dogs, they have beds, and stay on the floor. When my kids were small, the "big" deal at bedtime was that the cat would go to sleep with them, or the dog. Everyone would get tucked into bed, the kid, the cat or dog, whichever one they picked. It works great to keep kids in bed. Then, when it was time to wake up, I would always put the cat on one kid, and the dog on the other, to wake up the kids...the animals actually "knew" it was their job, to tuck the kids in, and sleep with them, and to wake them up...animals know more than we think.

My last cat used to bring toys in while I was asleep, the bed would be full of little balls every morning.
I love it that your cat and dog tucked the kids in and woke them up and haven't the slightest doubt the took those Jobs seriously.

My kitten and my senior cat both bring toys to bed in the night. I like waking up to a bed full of toys and cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:54 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,491,409 times
We put the favorite cat condo in the master bedroom, hoping the cats would sleep on it... instead of our bed. Nope.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola4 View Post
We put the favorite cat condo in the master bedroom, hoping the cats would sleep on it... instead of our bed. Nope.

Now...if you started sleeping on the condo they might join you there.

PS in this house cat furniture is not to be moved around. If I moved a favorite condo from the room it's always been in to another room there'd be a mutiny!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:45 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,664,291 times
Quote:
LOL Get real, Lola. Cats own beds AND condos! It's all about territory! Theirs! LOL LOL LOL And don't forget......they OWN YOU! ROFLMAO

Old 01-28-2011, 01:45 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,421,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
LOL Get real, Lola. Cats own beds AND condos! It's all about territory! Theirs! LOL LOL LOL And don't forget......they OWN YOU! ROFLMAO
Totally disagree, In certin ways of course.. Because my cat does own me in some ways and he knows it. We do have a few rules.. Yeah he tries his best not to follow them, but he knows when I stand up from my chair and he's in my room..he runs like the wind...

I love cats, I spoil my cat like crazy..
He is not allowed in my bed, nor in my bedroom.
He can jump in my lap while i'm sitting on a chair or lying on the couch (where my lap somehow dissapears)
Other then that he is not allowed on any other furniture, except the kitchen chairs.. and thats my fault for allowing him to do so.
He has a cat bed, and a few beach towels folded into beds around the house.
He gets plenty of love, he'd drive me nuts if he didnt.
Love my cat but the bed and the furniture are for the non furry type.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
He can jump in my lap while i'm sitting on a chair or lying on the couch (where my lap somehow dissapears)
Other then that he is not allowed on any other furniture, except the kitchen chairs.. and thats my fault for allowing him to do so.
Love my cat but the bed and the furniture are for people...
Oh, man, I have to laugh! Like I had a choice! How in the world do you keep your cats off of your bed? Wow! What secret do you know that the rest of us weebles don't? LOL LOL LOL

Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,491,409 times
When moving the cat condo didn't work to keep them off the bed (it was worth a shot!), I put a blanket that they LOVE on the bed. The blanket "starts" about halfway down the bed. It is on top of the regular people quilt. They now lay in the area of their blanket and not in my face. Win win solution...more or less.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
When moving the cat condo didn't work to keep them off the bed (it was worth a shot!), I put a blanket that they LOVE on the bed. The blanket "starts" about halfway down the bed. It is on top of the regular people quilt. They now lay in the area of their blanket and not in my face. Win win solution...more or less.
Wow! I've done the same thing! I tried to avoid the cat hairs on my quilt and with the blanket I chose, they love it. It has suede on one side, and what cat can resist that type of "feel"? LOL

I do, though, still, have one cat, my Bella Marie, who sleeps on the pillow next to me. She and I cuddle together.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Totally disagree, In certin ways of course.. Because my cat does own me in some ways and he knows it. We do have a few rules.. Yeah he tries his best not to follow them, but he knows when I stand up from my chair and he's in my room..he runs like the wind...

Love my cat but the bed and the furniture are for the non furry type.

You know cats have an instinctive need to be up high. And they need to climb and jump. If you aren't going to allow him on your furniture, you should at least give him a cat tree to climb and jump and perch on.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:27 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
My 4 each have their own spot next to me. Woe unto anyone who tries to take another's spot. All my bedding is washable cotton.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats