Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,665,174 times

Advertisements

The day of Whispers' neuter is tomorrow. We would be so grateful for your prayers and good thoughts. Please keep in mind, he is a feral cat, he has never been in a carrier or enclosed in anything, and he has never been exposed to the "world". He is one of my special needs babies who is frail in mind and body, but he now needs to have the "big boys initiation".

ALL are nervous in this house, from Mom and Dad, and Karma our eldest all the way down to Whispers the youngest. Hardly any food was touched this morning for breakfast and that is a never in this house. We are all concerned about Whisps and really wishing there was another way to address his hormones then such a one then the procedure that is considered "normal" to do for neutering.

I have the carrier that still has Rocky's scents on it from when I brought him him to our vet 2 weeks ago, in Whispers' "special closet" so that when it comes dinner time (this is where he eats with me besides him) he will hopefully get curious and sniff around. I don't want him to be put into something tomorrow morning that he has never seen before. How I am praying that because he trusts me he will not freak and start going crazy in this carrier. I have seen wild/feral cats do this and they will repeatedly bang themselves against the bars and bloody themselves from the vicious and desperate acts of trying to get out of a cage. Hopefully with the Buprenex on board and my other remedies, Whispers will be comfy, calm, and a little bit stoned. Now, that would be wonderful!

I have the Buprenex and my homeopathy remedies plus Rescue Remedy all ready for the morning. We are to be at the hospital no later then 9am. I know angels are now with us, yet I am being piggy here by asking for more help.

Thank you in advance. Blessings to all of you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,117 times
Whisper - we are thinking of you. Everything will be fine and you will be joyful to get home safe and sound.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Whisper - we are thinking of you. Everything will be fine and you will be joyful to get home safe and sound.
(((HUGS)))MissNM Thank you!

.....Can you extend those thoughts to ALL my boys? I just had to break up a fight. They are really on tenterhooks today! I'm going right now to make each and every feline in this house remedies to calm them down.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
All fingers, toes, paws, claws, and hooves are crossed at my house!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,421,693 times
Garden, I'm sending all the positive thoughts and prayers I can to you and Whispers, that everything will go smoothly and he'll be home, being pampered by Mom, before he knows it.
Edit, I was typing during you're 2nd post, I'll try and send CALMING thoughts for all, too.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,167,069 times
All paws crossed at our house for stress-free snippage. And for a calm household!

Checkers says to tell Whispers Mom and Dad will spoil him rotten for awhile, so go ahead and enjoy the extra attention. Also, Checks wants Whispers to know that he won't miss ... things ... once they're gone. Really.

Quote:
Hooves?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
All paws crossed at our house for stress-free snippage. And for a calm household!

Checkers says to tell Whispers Mom and Dad will spoil him rotten for awhile, so go ahead and enjoy the extra attention. Also, Checks wants Whispers to know that he won't miss ... things ... once they're gone. Really.

Hooves?
LOL That's what I said! Hooves? Horses?

Oh, Checkers knows darn well and good how spoiled rotten Whisps will be when this is all over. Like he isn't enough now as it is! LOL I just hope his singing doesn't stop. I'm not sure if the singing is related to "being in heat" or if that is how he really communicates. LOL

(((HUGS))) and Thank you!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Garden, I'm sending all the positive thoughts and prayers I can to you and Whispers, that everything will go smoothly and he'll be home, being pampered by Mom, before he knows it.
Edit, I was typing during you're 2nd post, I'll try and send CALMING thoughts for all, too.
THANK YOU, both! (((HUGS)))

Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM

......and believe it or not, since I asked for prayer for ALL the boys, you can hear a pin drop in this house! Thank you!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:43 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
Remember, they feed off the emotions of others. So if you want your boys to be calm, you have to demonstrate calmness to them! You have to model it. If they sense you're scared out of your wits, and your fear is directed to the well-being of Whispers, then Whispers will pick up on that and be wondering WTF I AM GOING TO DIE LOLOLOL!!!!!!!OMG

Also, a more practical suggestion (since trying to not be scared is like trying to not think about elephants when someone says, "don't think about elephants."):

IF...and that's a big if. But IF Whispers becomes aggitated or hostile while you're trying to put him in a carrier. Then move the carrier away, stand it on end so the opening is face UP. THEN... believe it or not - gently, lovingly, wrap Whispers up in a towel. Cradle him in it, covering his head. You have to be fast with this, and firm, but gentle and loving. Cover his head and eyes. Don't worry about him breathing, he can breathe just fine. BACK HIM into the carrier, butt-first, downward. Try not to let any of him touch the edges, so he thinks he's just being placed back on the ground. If he can't see the cage, he won't know he's being put into it.

Shut the door, set the carrier back down normal, and voila - instant caged kitty. He'll be unhappy, and annoyed that you tricked him. He'll get over it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats