Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:02 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,602,293 times

Advertisements

I say have her meet your other kitty and give it a chance. My 6-year-old, Cooper never met another cat until we adopted Fritz and they are best buddies. They play and groom each other, it's really adorable. You kitty may hiss and growl at her at first but after a few days they may start playing and decide to be friends like mine did. You never know until you try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 04:48 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I say have her meet your other kitty and give it a chance. My 6-year-old, Cooper never met another cat until we adopted Fritz and they are best buddies. They play and groom each other, it's really adorable. You kitty may hiss and growl at her at first but after a few days they may start playing and decide to be friends like mine did. You never know until you try
Yes, you just never know about cats. My friend introduced a new kitten to her resident cat of 3 years. At first they didn't get along at all. After a month she was ready to give the kitten up to another person. However, one day she came home from shopping and found both cats cuddling together on the windowsill. They were almost inseparable from then on! Go figure.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 PM

438 posts, read 946,753 times
I am considering keeping her. Hubby and I named her Luna. She and my indoor have been staring at each other through the door. Maybe they'll get adjusted to each other and we'll see. She and the dog get along already. hmmm

Old 07-20-2011, 12:33 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Chances are they will get along after some initial unpleasantness.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:50 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
She and the dog get along already. hmmm
That's half the battle right there! LOL

Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
I say keep her and make her inside kitty. obviously she was in a fight if she had bites on her. cats can become great friends after a rocky start. do get her fixed asap or else you will have several more cats to find homes for.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:08 PM

9,398 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
I am considering keeping her. Hubby and I named her Luna. She and my indoor have been staring at each other through the door. Maybe they'll get adjusted to each other and we'll see. She and the dog get along already. hmmm
We introduced a large (but very sweet) dog to our two indoor cats after we'd had them about four years. There was some initial trepidation, but eventually they were all best buds, napping together, washing faces, dusting, etc. One cat even got into Sammie's food dish (she liked the Old Roy gravy!) and that was tolerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I say keep her and make her inside kitty. obviously she was in a fight if she had bites on her. cats can become great friends after a rocky start. do get her fixed asap or else you will have several more cats to find homes for.
Oh yeah, keep her! Such a pretty kitty. And obviously you have an attraction for kits in need. Nice, very nice.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:09 PM

438 posts, read 946,753 times
Well, my poor stray kitty is no more.

My husband and I decided to keep her. We named her Luna. Took her to the vet because she was coughing alot and she ended up having feline emphysema due to asthma problems. We brought her inside to live and put her on prednisone but she apparently already had some serious lung damage which was not apparent when we first got her. She died during the night last week, it was really a sad thing to wake up to.
So, RIP to Lunacat the wanderer, who was cross-eyed and gap-toothed and sweet as can be.

My family says I should learn my lesson about sick stray creatures but I probably never will.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:11 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Sorry to hear that about Luna. I am so glad you took her in...she had a chance to be part of a family and feel loved.

I used to be asked why I too was so "soft-hearted" about stray animals...

decided that NOT being concerned and/or NOT taking an innocent stray in is the worrisome behavior!

Flipping it...ie being hard-hearted ...not taking in a wanderer insinuates imho, an overall insensitivity & neglect of other living things.

So in my book...YOU ARE A CHAMPION!!!

gbh

Last edited by greatblueheron; 08-31-2011 at 06:27 PM..

Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,417,593 times
So sad about Luna. But I'm glad that she ended her life in a home where she was loved and cared for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats