Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 09:32 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
We are working on a puzzle today, and Jasper jumps on the table, and lays on all the pieces! Now, he is taking pieces off the table and playing with them. I just found a piece on the floor by his food dish! Great.
When I do a puzzle I cover it with a large piece of cardboard when not putting it together so they can't mess it up or steal pieces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 09:43 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
My cat SCREAMS at the other side of the door when I get home from work. It's so bad that I look around to make sure that no one is listening, because I'm actually surprised that no one has called the SPCA on me. Yup, it's dinner time. As soon as I get in the door, he gets on to the counter and quiets down. But, dang, the noise he makes is embarrassing. Of course, should anyone come to investigate, there would be absolutely nothing wrong, but my little guy wants people to think otherwise!

Old 11-13-2011, 11:34 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,852,616 times
Let's see...do I pick the way JJ bites me in the face at 3am, the way he screams if I ignore that, or the way he runs around the room knocking things over if I ignore THAT? Or maybe the way we have to have an argument EVERY NIGHT about why he's not allowed to put his paws on the keyboard or try to bite the keyboard keys off?

No...I think I have to pick the way he rips and tears at paper if I'm not quick enough with his breakfast. I'm a writer, and there's always paper lying around...for some reason the sound of paper being torn is the most irritating, teeth grinding, 'stop it right NOW' thing in the universe to me. And the little sucker knows it...it's his last resort when I'm not being obedient enough. He might not have eyes, but I can feel him glaring at me as he oh so slowly takes a corner in his teeth and pulls. Arg, just thinking about it is making me tense.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:40 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
My one cat Trouble (yes he earned his name) has decided he no longer wants to drink out of his water bowl and prefers a drink from the sink or tub tap. If I start to walk toward the bathroom he zips in front of me. A few times he has made me trip. I wish he would understand that if he kills me, he isn't getting a drink of water. So he zips into the bathroom and cries for me to turn on the tap for him. My other cat has no issues drinking out of the water bowl however she is a pain in the neck because if she eats enough food to see the bottom of the bowl, she cries like she is out of food. So I have to bend down, shake the bowl so the food is evenly distributed so the bottom of the bowl doesn't show.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:37 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,595 times
One thing I hate is that ours will wait until my husband and I are comfortably sitting down ready to watch a movie - everything's quiet, and that is when the two of them decide to crash and smash things in the back room area (where we have the dog's crate, toys, and sliding glass door) where we can't see them. Every time.
It can also be if we're both ready to take a nap...within 2 minutes of closing our eyes...CRASH! jinglejinglejingle....::RUSTLING::

Just yesterday we wanted to watch Lord of the Rings, so we got some hot chocolate, sat on our comfy couch, pulled up the blanket (no sounds from the cats the entire day) and 4 minutes later it was like the Apocalypse in the back room/mudroom area.

They don't bother with drinks or food but they will sit and stare as you eat or drink. It's just the well-timed crashes that we get annoyed with!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Cookie seems to have broken this habit, but for awhile she was sleeping on the dining room table. I'd go to set the table for dinner, and find big wads of black fur all over the tablecloth.

I've found puzzle pieces on the floor, too; it must make them crazy to see so many "toys" in one place!

Old 11-14-2011, 12:23 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Joseph following me into the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning and biting my toes as I'm peeing. I can say with impunity that that really pisses me off.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Yes, I left the puzzle on the table. I did not have anything to go over it. We will see how it fares today. I might have to get one of those things you can roll it up with.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:13 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Stella the Diva Cat decides when it is time for me to get up in the morning.

She's not a big cat but she is very solid and around 7:30 she wants me out of bed and fixin' her breakfast. So, she stands on me while I am still asleep and wakes me up. If I am really in a deep sleep she will also pat my face with her paw. She's gentle about it but it does wake me up.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 PM

18,096 posts, read 15,676,604 times
My cat has a certain whiny meow that just drives me nutz. She uses it when she wants me to put new/fresh kibble in her dish. Even if she has plenty of kibble left from a mere 8 hrs before, she complains and marches me into the kitchen, then into the pantry and looks at me and MEOWWWS until I 'refresh' her kibble.

She also has started using this same meow when she wants me to get up off the couch and play with her.

She sits at the edge of the kitchen and family room and MEOWS at me to get up. It's either the food or she is demanding attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats