Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,767,964 times

Advertisements

I have two older female house cats. One is long haired (Candy) and other is black (Smudge). Both are declawed and spayed.
About 1 month ago a kitten about 4 weeks old appeared on our doorstep and we took it in. She (now looks to be male) has grown alot and has more energy than you can imagine.
He drives my other cats nuts with chasing them and jumping on them and always wanting to play but they will have none of that. They just swat her away but now Candy just lets her attack her. Little Bit (kittens name) always goes for her throat with her mouth and it worries me that this might be a serious problem when she gets older. Or is this just him being playfull?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 AM

378 posts, read 1,652,065 times
That's exactly what Scarlett does to Jake. I'm worried she is going to hit him in the eye. I can't wait to see what everyone says.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:09 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
It's all fun - you should see my youngsters going at each other's throats and at old Jessica's throat too (she can sit on them and smother them!) That's how they play. There's an occasional warning growl if someone gets a bit rough but otherwise it's an endless tussle until exhaustion sets in and everybody plonks out. Don't worry about it. Cheers!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:16 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
She/He is just being a kitten. She is playing! Believe me the older cats will put her/he is his place. Of course, with the razor sharp claws and teeth, you could possibly have an accidental injury...but it will be just that! Accidental! We've had scratched eyes and bitten ears...but they are still just playing. If it really gets out of hand, distract the little one with a toy...and have him/her focus elsewhere.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:21 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,005,618 times
I've always had older cats who would growl and hiss at the new cat at first, but after a while they get used to each other and start playing together, even sleep next to each other. They'll get to be best friends soon.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:26 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,829,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Mann View Post
I have two older female house cats. One is long haired (Candy) and other is black (Smudge). Both are declawed and spayed.
About 1 month ago a kitten about 4 weeks old appeared on our doorstep and we took it in. She (now looks to be male) has grown alot and has more energy than you can imagine.
He drives my other cats nuts with chasing them and jumping on them and always wanting to play but they will have none of that. They just swat her away but now Candy just lets her attack her. Little Bit (kittens name) always goes for her throat with her mouth and it worries me that this might be a serious problem when she gets older. Or is this just him being playfull?
He's just a hyper kitty and playful. She should grow out of that, but it takes awhile. I have had kittens with an older Cat and he was annoyed at first, but then he started playing and they loved each other. My Cat now hates other Cats and kittens. She has been around them in a shelter. She would be so mad if I got another kitty, and I want to!

Old 10-03-2008, 08:46 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
I had my beautiful male cat who would bite the ears of our husky. She'd be asleep and he'd come up to her, take a good bite out of her ear and then go on his back in a playful pose. She would just walk away from him, but sometimes he'd follow her and keep annoying/playing with her.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:12 AM

Why do they follow them jumping and biting? Scarlett does it Jake all the time, he gets so annoyed.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:57 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANLEY50 View Post
Why do they follow them jumping and biting? Scarlett does it Jake all the time, he gets so annoyed.
LOL...It's that darn kitten mentality! Play,play,play...jumping and biting part of every day life for a kitten. It will subside as they age...but even at just over a yr., Zoey still bugs the other cats. They tolerate her and put her in her place when she oversteps her boundries.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:14 AM

It is cute to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats