Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,809,001 times

Advertisements

Do you have the sort of cat that hangs out at other people's houses and approach and rub against a total stranger if the stranger pays the cat any attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
Both my cats greet everyone that walks in the door.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
My cats are suspicious of everyone, even me. The best thing to do when confronted with an opening front door, a knock on the door, the ringing of the telephone, etc. is to hide in the basement just as quickly as their four little feet can get them there.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 PM

352 posts, read 781,042 times
One of my cats is friendly to everyone he gets to know. The other one is suspicious and hides.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:27 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Ragdoll brothers, Oscar runs to see who is there and bugs them to death for kisses and scratches while Langley runs and hides under the bed and won't come out for hours.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:43 PM

142 posts, read 505,803 times
I had a cat (passed now) who would sit at the edge of our yard in our gated community and run out to rub against/love on the DOGS that people walked in our neighborhood!

Old 08-20-2012, 04:05 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,244 times
It takes little time for Robin to warm up, but after about an hour she'll be on the lap of anyone who sits still long enough. I often joke she doesn't really love US...she just loves our hands!

Jonas though is a one person cat. He tolerates others for a few minutes, then he'll start to bite. I can lug him around and kiss on him all day.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:31 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,858,669 times
none of mine are overly friendly...they wont stand there at the door demanding love...

but Tempi whos a black DSH (siamese mix) is not realy a people cat, infact shes downright stanoffish with anyone she doesnt know, with me, shes a talcative loving mushy kitty, but with other people, she has no time for them...

Willow is a little more of a people kitty, shes again not the kin of cat to run to you at the oor, but if you were to call her over she come over for a fuss an give youa purr before being on her way again...

Dusty the kitten...well shes a kitten, WHEN shes foused enough for lovings she seems to not care who she gets it from as long as she gets it....but snuggle time with anyone doesnt last long as shes got the attention span of a squirrel on speed.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:44 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Kitty Katty does not hang around to talk to strangers.....at all. Now as for me or my SO? he is all over us like white on rice!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Do you have the sort of cat that hangs out at other people's houses and approach and rub against a total stranger if the stranger pays the cat any attention?
I don't let my cats out of the house but I did live in an area in Seattle with a collection of apartment buildings and one neighbor had one of these cats.

Her name was Sophie, (the cat, not the neighbor), and she visited all kinds of people in that little community. She was a tiny, gray little thing, so friendly.

The owner knew that Sophie would stay the night at other people's homes, (she did in ours a couple of times), and she didn't mind as long as Sophie was let out the next morning.

Because of the way these buildings were situated, we all met up, our buildings, in the alley way. Sophie trotted around this alleyway, never in the streets, and was the little greeter to everyone.

Can't say I met a single person who didn't adore this little cat.

Loved that cat and really liked the owner for being so cool about all of us loving her cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats