Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 05:18 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times

Advertisements

Where i live at their are at least a dozen cat haters incl the mgr. A witch that lives here trapped a beautiful orange/white cat with a white flea collar on it. She called animal control & they took the cat away. Another witch trapped a friendly cat that had beautiful markings & a litter of kittens. The kittens starved to death cause the mom was killed by animal control in devore, ca. I didnt know about it till after the fact. I wish all people would fix their cat & keep it indoors away from predators, cars & low life people. The world is full of ignorant humans & it always will be. I have 5 cats & they are strickly indoors. Last month the mgr called me & said someone said i was tripping the cat traps which wasnt true. She said i wont write you up this time but you have been warned to not touch the traps. I HATE people that hate cats & i hope they all burn in hell with no mercy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 08:57 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
Once a neighbor asked me how many cats i have & i told him 5. He had the nerve to say "you should get rid of them". I told him "someone should get rid of you". The punk looked at me in disbelief & then walked away. I dont understand why their are so many cat haters.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:23 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Once a neighbor asked me how many cats i have & i told him 5. He had the nerve to say "you should get rid of them". I told him "someone should get rid of you". The punk looked at me in disbelief & then walked away. I dont understand why their are so many cat haters.
Like that one.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Where i live at their are at least a dozen cat haters incl the mgr. A witch that lives here trapped a beautiful orange/white cat with a white flea collar on it. She called animal control & they took the cat away. Another witch trapped a friendly cat that had beautiful markings & a litter of kittens. The kittens starved to death cause the mom was killed by animal control in devore, ca. I didnt know about it till after the fact. I wish all people would fix their cat & keep it indoors away from predators, cars & low life people. The world is full of ignorant humans & it always will be. I have 5 cats & they are strickly indoors. Last month the mgr called me & said someone said i was tripping the cat traps which wasnt true. She said i wont write you up this time but you have been warned to not touch the traps. I HATE people that hate cats & i hope they all burn in hell with no mercy.
I know what I would do, I'd take the traps a few miles away and put them in a dumpster in the middle of the night. The mgr has some nerve to accuse you without proof. Sorry but I couldn't live under those depressing oppressing conditions. I'd be looking for a new place to live.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM

568 posts, read 961,805 times
Well casts supposedly have "9 lives" and well you know Karma she's a *****...meow

Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,562 times
My old neighbor that loved cats; actually she possessed about 7 not to include the neighborhood strays which total over twenty cats. I called in for traps because the cats utilized my backyard as their litterbox. My children were small and played in the yard often until my yard became a haven slash toilet for cats.

My neighbor was great however her love for cats nearly ruined my yard and almost our friendship as she did not want the cats trap but my children will always come before a cats.

I do not hate cats but for awhile I strongly DISLIKED them.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
At times, large broods of feral cats need to be culled. They will ruin the ecosystem.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 PM

75 posts, read 101,967 times
I run into people who say they hate cats, I've also met people who claim to hate cats but after talking to them a bit it turned out that it was more of a phobia of them rather than a hatred.

I've heard my fair share of cruel comments too like, "Why don't you drown them in a river?" and things like that. It's fine and dandy if you're not a cat lover or even say you hate them but it's another thing entirely when somebody makes comments about wanting to harm them. Then I throw down and tell them what I think

Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Talking A nice story about feral cats in Queens NY 1970s era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
My old neighbor that loved cats; actually she possessed about 7 not to include the neighborhood strays which total over twenty cats. I called in for traps because the cats utilized my backyard as their litterbox. My children were small and played in the yard often until my yard became a haven slash toilet for cats.,
You never heard of those motion sprayers? But I agree, roaming cats can be a real PIA and I strongly believe, for the sake of the cats and the neighbors, that cats should be indoor only. Didn't your neighbor take into consideration you had children playing in the yard?

Quote:
[My neighbor was great however her love for cats nearly ruined my yard and almost our friendship as she did not want the cats trap but my children will always come before a cats.

I do not hate cats but for awhile I strongly DISLIKED them.
A little story that happened in Queens NY in the 1970s. The priests from the rectory behind my mother's house were feeding a small colony of feral cats. The cats were using several yards as litterpans including my mother's yard. They would dig up her newly planted flowers and tomatoes. She got feces on her hands a few times and finally a few neighbors got together and called the ASPCA. They came with traps and trapped all the cats. The priests were heartbroken as they saw them as pets and had great compassion for them. In less than a year the block was over run with rats. There were rats in everyone's detached garage. They were getting into the homes on the street and the next street over. So a few neighbors got together and demanded to city so something about the rats. Poison was put out and soon the block and people's homes and garages stunk from dead rats. Flies thrived. Lots and lots of flies. But some rats were too smart for the poison and continued to live there. They were never totally eradicated nor even controlled as the cats had done sans poison. Some dogs and birds managed to poison themselves. That had the dog and bird crowd up in arms. People got angry and the poisoning stopped, the rats remained and were controlled with traps the people had to buy themselves. Then the squirrel invasion began. With no cats to control their numbers, they were chewing through people porch and roof soffits to get into their attics. There weren't enough trees in the city apparently. So a few neighbors got together and demanded to city so something about the squirrels..... but there was nothing effective the city could do! So now, instead of cats using their small gardens for litterpans, the people on several streets were dealing with controlling rats and squirrels and an explosion of English sparrows pooping on their laundry and cars and patios..... So a few neighbors got together and demanded to city so something about the sparrows and screeching starlings who also pooped everywhere. Now we both know the diseases carried by rodent fleas and in bird droppings. But unfortunately for the cat-haters, there was nothing the city could or would do about the birds. But hey, the people got rid of the cats so now they could clean up bird poop and fix the holes the rats chewed in buildings and set traps and.........

Old 08-22-2012, 04:33 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Once a neighbor asked me how many cats i have & i told him 5. He had the nerve to say "you should get rid of them". I told him "someone should get rid of you". The punk looked at me in disbelief & then walked away. .

Best comeback EVER!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats