Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

I am pretty sure my SO's cat who passed away several years ago is still here, and I am pretty sure my cats know it.

When it was just me and KK here sometimes during the day I was sure I had seen a cat run through the house plenty of times. KK would be on the couch asleep..... Tabby cat running through the living room into the kitchen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 07:28 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,372 times
Obviously, you're being visited by Catsper....the friendly cat ghost!!!! This is exactly why I always slept in the middle of the bed while I was single - so that the monsters under the bed couldn't grab my hands and drag me under there with them and kill me!!! No telling what's living under there.....to this day I don't like to dangle my hands or feet off the bed - how warped is that? I'm not superstitious that way, but....are you sure? I think I'd maybe try and get hold of a night vision camera and set it up for a while and see what happens - of course the ghost cat would know, and watch you set it up, and probably already knows I'm suggesting it - !!!
Anyway, if it is a ghost, it could obviously have already killed you if that was its' purpose - and you're still kickin', so I guess it's just coming to visit or something. I wouldn't worry too much....unless it's NOT a cat ghost...

PS: the other day when I went to my vet's office to pick up Mabel - the girls told me that last week they had a request to test a bat for rabies. Seems a man who lives in our small town - was lying in his bed sound asleep and was awakened in the night by something biting his face. In pain, terrorized, and more than a bit disoriented, he woke up clutching at his face only to find that a BAT was attached and biting his face. He managed to get it off, the bat was killed and he went for treatment. The bat tested positive for rabies - he thinks it may have entered his house through the attic. Only thing I can think of worse would be if the bat came in and brought his pet snake with him - and both of them are in my house in the dark, while I am sleeping. (Remember a news clip couple weeks ago where the Anaconda snake escaped and fell through the ductwork of a home and killed two little boys while they were asleep? I couldn't sleep for a couple of nights after I read that one!)

Last edited by CFoulke; 08-21-2013 at 07:53 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 07:41 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Geez Candace right before we're all going to bed!!!

Old 08-21-2013, 07:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Geez Candace right before we're all going to bed!!!

Hey....you're welcome!!!! Another reason to snuggle up close!!!

Old 08-21-2013, 08:17 PM

11 posts, read 26,563 times
Lightbulb Mystery Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Whew!! Glad I'm not the only one to experience that. The first time it was unsettling. Now it's kind of comforting. I've even heard them going up and down the stairs.
I've always had cats dropping in on me while I was asleep. They like to play tag with each other. The only problem is, I don't own cats, and haven't since I was young. Had to put one down after being mauled by a dog in my neighborhood. Lately, my roommate has a cat and they (Lunacy and the ghost cats) seem to be getting along well. Which makes me breath a sigh of relief. It's enough having one lunatic cat around the house, let alone multiples (and the ones you can't see)!

Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Many of us have experienced that thump on the bed after a beloved cat has died. It is quite unsettling.
The one time (so far) this happened after Weasie died, it was "unsettling" in a good way. Both she and her successors - Blaliko and Seteria - have mastered the art of being sneaky. Let one out the front door, walk across the house, and she's already charged around the perimeter + jumped onto the porch and back inside through the open window.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,953,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
The one time (so far) this happened after Weasie died, it was "unsettling" in a good way. Both she and her successors - Blaliko and Seteria - have mastered the art of being sneaky. Let one out the front door, walk across the house, and she's already charged around the perimeter + jumped onto the porch and back inside through the open window.
Ohhh--this happened when our blue-point Siamese boy Asti died. This was about 15 years ago. I didn't mention it, nor did my husband. After a couple of weeks, we discovered that we had both felt Asti jump on the bed--to the point that we had both reached down to touch him, & he wasn't physically there.

I'm waiting to see if our Madgie does this. She physically left us last Thursday. I just received her cremains today.

I'll let y'all know if we notice anything!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, this is going to sound weird, but for the past year or so when I have been laying in bed at night to go to sleep I will feel something exactly like a cat jumping up onto the bed.......you know, that thud that you can feel. There is no mistaking it is happening, it is that obvious. Problem is, I do not allow our cats into my bedroom, it is off limits for them. It has happened probably 6 or so times and one night my arm was hanging off the bed and I felt something grab my fingers and give them a solid tug ! I actually got out of bed and went to the living room to see if one of the cats had sneaked into my room, but they were all sound asleep on the couches.

So, last night I get into bed and as I am falling asleep I feel a hard push on my back, and I almost jumped out of my skin. When I turned on the light Chewy was sitting there staring at me ! He evidently sneaked in when I went to the bathroom as he is very quick. I laughed like mad because I thought my "ghost" was back and was becoming more agressive.

That's one for Chewy, now I have to figure a way to get even !

Don
Ha ha - gotcha!

Thanks for the laugh!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:00 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The first couple of times it was a little eerie, but I have just come to accept it because it doesn't seem harmful in any way. I told my Son about this and he gave me a look like I was ready for the home. I'm not normally one to get involved with stuff like this, but it is just so obvious when it happens that there is no mistaking it. I can be laying perfectly still and it is exactly like a heavy cat jumps right up onto the bed. Very strange.

Don
I too have experienced a cat jumping on the bed or being in the bed with me. When this has occurred my 2 girls were not present and actually I would look to see if one of them jumped on the bed.

Unexplainable!

Old 08-22-2013, 01:03 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Or very aggressive Dust Bunnies!
Or the Boogieman under the bed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats