Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:40 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times

Advertisements

Orion's yelling at me now. It's past HIS bedtime apparently. I had another cat that I adopted as an adult that did the same thing, it was so funny. That cat, Paul Bunyan -a gentle giant, would come into the living room around 11:00PM and yell at my husband and me. He didn't follow us to bed immediately but would insist we go to bed. He'd wander in much later and when he got old snored so loud I'd have to wake him! At least Orion sleeps with me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Around 11:30, Snickers will start whining for me to go to bed. If I'm not in bed by 12, he gets louder, and starts pawing me.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:03 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Cha-Cha will keep going to the cardboard box full of polar fleece in our bedroom. Yes - cardboard and we do not dare to move it. Once we seem to follow she will settle in her box and give us The Stare. It means turn of the light, I want to take up my share of your bed.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
No. Jasper does not do this. Our other cats have done this though.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times
Threestep my friend, who never had a cat, thought I had hit my head again when I was recovering from a head injury when she was two cardboard boxes in my living room. I had to explain they were cat toys, LOL My cats love them, makes purrfect sense to me!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:55 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2 View Post
Orion's yelling at me now. It's past HIS bedtime apparently. I had another cat that I adopted as an adult that did the same thing, it was so funny. That cat, Paul Bunyan -a gentle giant, would come into the living room around 11:00PM and yell at my husband and me. He didn't follow us to bed immediately but would insist we go to bed. He'd wander in much later and when he got old snored so loud I'd have to wake him! At least Orion sleeps with me
YES, my cat always let's me know when she thinks it's bedtime and expects me to hop to it - it's hilarious

Old 10-02-2013, 10:58 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2 View Post
I had to laugh when I read this because, yes, I do have a cat who tells me when it's 'bedtime'. lol She doesn't give me 'the look' but runs around doing dumb stuff. She'll push things off the coffee table, run all over the furniture and harass my 'old cat', Dakota.

She also has a bedtime ritual she follows every.single.night. She won't get on the bed from the bottom but insists on jumping up on the nightstand, to my pillow...and over my head!...then I get a full five minutes of 'purring and pawing'. Finally she'll turn around a couple of times and PLOP as close to me as she can get. lol Dakota sleeps at my feet but I don't DARE touch her. She'll try to bite my foot through the covers!

Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 AM

786 posts, read 1,592,846 times
Absolutely, Ash sits in front of my bedroom door waiting to start our bedtime ritual. If I walk back the hall for other reasons and return to the living room, she'll walk down the hall into the living room until she gets my attention, then runs back to my bedroom and sits down again. She will repeat this several times. She loves to sleep on my TIVO, it is warm and she likes to watch TV from time to time which is right above it. I can tell when she's ready for bed, she'll sit up and start eyeing up her spot on the bed, then looks at me with those eyes and I know she wants "lights out", I usually listen and very quickly, she's up on the bed preparing her spot for the night. What a hoot.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:01 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Yes, Pumpkin yells at me starting around 10:30, if I'm not already using the laptop in bed. If I am, he finds the perfect place to plop next to me, or on my body pillow. He and his sister ADORE the plushy body pillow, and knead on it like it's a mama cat. Pumpkin sleeps on it during the day, too.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:32 PM

218 posts, read 544,159 times
Two of my cats wake up meowing to inform me that it's time to go to bed.. That's my queue to get up and shower. They're usually waiting for me right outside the bathroom. They rush from spot to spot as I walk through the house to get their 'final' nightly pets and chin scratches.

BUT, as soon as I get into bed and turn out the light, the PARTY gets started. My cats are apparently very nocturnal. They sleep in the sun all day and party all night.

My husband and I joke that they rush us to bed so that they can get their party on as soon as we pull up the covers. It literally sounds like a construction site in the next room. Usually they're jumping from couch to cat tree back to couch, running through their tunnels, grabbing a snack of kibble (I always can hear a crunch or two), swatting balls with a bells inside *my ball, my ball, my ball*, and MEeeROWing at everything....*loudly*. It's hilarious. This is what usually lulls *us* to sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats