Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 45,827 times

Advertisements

OMG !!! My cat was in the dryer !!! ...... Prob 10 minutes ! I was in the shower. I checked on the pants I put in to get the wrinkles out and saw blood on them. Then I heard a faint meow. I look in and saw my poor Panda Man !! Blood from him nose and mouth, panting profussly. I picked him up and put him in the crisper in my fridge opened the freezer and dumped the whole bag of ice on him. Called the nearest vet and took him in. THANK GOD !!! They gave him a shot of dexamethazone for shock and inflamation. Took him home hour later. His mouth is blistered on the roof, same with the inside of his ears. Overall he is fine. Back to purring again. His coat was really staticy and fluffy when I went to pick him up. The vet said we should change him name to Fluff n Fold. My heart dropped when he said that, after seeing the terror in my eyes he appologized. My husband thought it was funny. OMG !!! I am sooooo lucky. Thank you GOD !!! I LOVE my pets with a PASSION !!! More than my hubby (that's what u get for laughing).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 12:30 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,943,066 times
I am glad that your cat is okay and hope that no lasting effects happen from this. I had a cat get into the dryer as a kid but knew immediately something was wrong. She got tumbled around once and we got her out before the dryer even heated up and she wasn't injured at all. My sister left the door open for a long time and she decided it was a bed. Your shower must be really close to the dryer because in the time it takes me to walk up the stairs to the bathroom, I would have heard the horrible thumping noise. Did you leave the door open for a while? I just don't understand how cats can get into the dryer when you are transferring laundry. I never leave the door open long enough for anyone to climb inside. What a horrible accident. A very unfunny one.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:46 PM

191 posts, read 946,049 times
OMG that's so scary! I always am so paranoid about my two cats getting into the laundry that I always do a double check to find out where they are before I start the oven/dryer/washer, etc. Those kitties get everywhere!

Poor kitty! Glad he's ok!

Old 08-26-2010, 01:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
I read this post while I was doing the laundry. Went to the laundry room to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer. Phone rang mid-transfer. I IMMEDIATELY closed the dryer door before I went to answer the phone.

You woke me up! Thank you, because I honestly never even considered this as something that could happen. Lesson learned.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:51 PM

41,956 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Thank God your cat is relatively unharmed. You'll probably look twice from now on before you shut the door and flip the switch.

I do my best to scare the cats away from the washer, dryer, dishwasher, furnace ... anything they could possibly crawl into and be harmed. If they even look at the open dryer door, I holler! It helps that they're both pretty skittish, and not the most curious of felines.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:03 PM

507 posts, read 2,296,653 times
This very same thing happened to my sister, but her cat died a horrible death. Apparently it had been in there a very long tiime while they were outside in the backyard.
I'm so glad your cat didn't have to suffer too long and you rescued it.
Cats love to climb inside where its warm and snuggle inside of the clothing if you leave the door open, and they are in your laundry room.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:18 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,665,174 times
(((HUGS)))Kelli! Oh thank GOD your cat is all right!!! Always always check when using potentially hazardous machines for felines! Oh, your poor baby! How scared he must have been!

Aloe would really soothe his burns and it would seriously help the burns to heal quickly.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 PM

387 posts, read 2,130,985 times
Holy crap! My stomach dropped when I read this. I am so so so glad your baby is ok! So scary!

Old 08-26-2010, 03:51 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,399,538 times
something similar happened to my MIL years ago. She had a momma cat who decided to put her litter inside the dryer, A nice, dark warm safe place. the horror was beyond belief when she opened up the dryer and found kittens in pieces----

I always check the dryer and never leave it standing open. Another place to safeguard, don't leave the microwave open. Many times there's a few minutes left on the timer. a pet could crawl inside, the microwave get unintentionally shut, activating the remaining few minutes. Pets are like children, you have to guard them from hazardsa as best you can.

I;m glad kitty is ok!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:15 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,325,602 times
HOLY MOLEY!!!!!! WOWWEEEEEEEE! I'm glad the little guy is all right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats