Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 06:37 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,874 times

Advertisements

Our cat Zelda, may she rest in peace, loved to eat ribbons. Once in her kitty litter she had a little turd wrapped in a ribbon. True story!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 06:43 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I'll see Kitty Katty and Charlie tomorrow morning and they will be getting some kitty treats and toys. The day after tomorrow they will have a bunch of wrapping paper and bows from my kids to play in!

Old 12-25-2013, 07:07 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
My cats are all getting older, so this year I asked Santa for another year of good health for them. Time will tell if he was able to deliver.
Other than that, they got extra hugs, pets, and treats and a fresh fill of their nip toys.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:45 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,238,102 times
Clean sheets, it's laundry day but nothing out of the ordinary. They don't care for new toys much. Scooter likes hair scrunchies, the small ones without metal in them. Orion likes to chase my fingers and Joe has a couple of old toys that he just won't give up on. If I remember I'll cut a few palm fronds for them tomorrow, they love them and will play with them without human assistance =)

Old 12-26-2013, 04:41 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Ours have a big toy box full of stuff so it was hard to find something to add to it, but we bought a few if those small furry mice for them. They seem to prefer small toys instead of bigger things. For some reason, Lucky, who is normally not a toy type cat, dug into one and was flipping it all over the place and rolling around. Even Daisy had to sit back and watch him as if to say "What got into you ?".

And, as usual, Chewy wanted the bag the toys came in, and he flattened it out and sat on it. In fact, Lucky and Daisy seemed to like the bags better than the mice.

But Chewy is taking all the credit for wrecking the bags.

Don

Last edited by don1945; 12-26-2013 at 05:33 AM..

Old 12-26-2013, 10:42 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Nimbus got 2 "gifts" (wrapped, and I let the kids unwrap them for him.) And a stocking full of small toys.

The gifts:

A new cardboard scratcher replacement in the wave shape he likes.
And one of those round mats with the motorized wand that zips around and a little plastic teaser tail that sticks out..like this one:
Amazon.com: Undercover Mouse Electronic Cat Toy: Pet Supplies
Or the "Cat's Meow" as seen on TV thing. Same, same.

He is terrified of it. He crouches a couple feet away and stares at it...and when he musters the courage to have a swat, he then jumps back like it's gonna get him. Scaredy Nimbus.

In his stocking was a little pull back and let go car made for small children (therefore not a choking hazard) that he can chase across the kitchen, and a bunch of fuzzy catnip toys and jingly balls. I dumped them all over the kitchen floor and he went bat-poop crazy for about an hour, then investigated all the empty boxes and retired to his window perch for snoozes. I think Christmas wore him out a bit...

As for treats, I guess I've gotten a bit too nerdy about cat food ingredients. I was at Walmart picking up some last minute things for the family and it occurred to me to perhaps get some treats for Nimbus' stocking. But looking at the ingredients, and knowing what I know about how often treats are recalled...I just couldn't do it. I gave him a few of the freeze dried chicken ones we always have around. I don't think he knew what he was missing though.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:50 AM

830 posts, read 1,666,503 times
Default She needs toys now

Yeah, total copout if you ask the cat; for Christmas this year she got a new home. I hope she's happy with that, but I know I should get her some toys. I'm going to see what they have at Dollar General since I'm going there today. Also at another store I saw a little spray bottle that claimed to have the scent of catnip, and you could spray it on any cat toy to attract the cat. I want to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Our cat Zelda, may she rest in peace, loved to eat ribbons. Once in her kitty litter she had a little turd wrapped in a ribbon. True story!
Now that's what I call a gift from a pet!

I believe this story because my childhood favorite cat did something similar. At a year old he loved to eat the loose strings off of my clothes. One evening he was walking around the house with little piece of poop on a long string coming out the back of him! We couldn't stop laughing! We chased him around and the poop followed him everywhere. We weren't that cruel though, we did take it off for him eventually.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
My cat wasn't impressed with the spray, nor the catnip scented bubbles. He just likes the dried flaky bits, we shake them onto his cardboard scratcher for him from time to time. I guess nothing beats the real thing.

One time when I was trying to do this, he grabbed a hold of the container, it's the same shape and size as a Kraft parmesan cheese shaker bottle thing...well he grabs it, and was sticking his nostrils against the holes in the top, his eyes were all big and his ears back...kitty crack...lol...

Old 12-29-2013, 08:49 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
They got a new bag of treats. Mama is unemployed. It's a lean Christmas.

Their cousin, a lovely little black cat named Cleo, got them a new laser toy. They'll be so excited once I unpack it.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:48 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
It is now 4 days since Christmas day and we still haven't had the heart to toss out those two big bags because the cats are constantly playing in and out of them. I started to gather them up the other day to take to the trash compactor, but they all gathered around and had this disappointed look on their faces, so we put them back down.

Every morning when I come out of my room at least one or two of them is sleeping on top of the bags. They might still be here this Summer unless I can get rid of them when they are out on the lanai.

Right now Daisy is standing guard over it in case I get any funny ideas.

I think they heard me plotting to get rid of it, they are all climbing inside it and all over it.

Don

Last edited by don1945; 12-29-2013 at 10:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats