Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times

Advertisements

We could not bathe, or even comb, one of our cats - not without tears or blood!
But the vet said that he just shuts down completely until they are done grooming him.
And he doesn't stay traumatized for very long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 09:59 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,372 times
Wow....all that for only $10. I'm impressed. I think Charlie will probably have a regular hairdo appointment every month or so now!!! I'm glad it went so well and he probably does feel much better. Glad you didn't get shredded in the process - I know firsthand how much that hurts!!!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
He probably will. I think the potty patch could have been a little shorter. He did so well!! I have already been shredded!

The groomer and vet cut his claws much shorter than I ever would. I am always so afraid I will cut them too short, but from what they do, I am never near as close to doing that as I think I am!

Old 01-16-2014, 01:10 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,925,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
The Zoom Groom isn't a brush. It's more like a scrubber to remove loose hair. But it must also give a great massage because all my cats love to be scrubbed with it.

After a Zoom Groom scrub, I go over the cat with a comb and even more hair comes out. When all the loose hair is removed, the ZG won't pick up any more hair. But if I use a tool like the Furminator instead of the ZG, I always get the feeling that if I keep doing it it will eventually make the cat bald.
I have a Zoom Groom--none of our cats like it.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I don't think Charlie would let me go near him with the zoom groom. He does not like to be brushed at all. Kitty Katty loves to be groomed and he is the one with short hair! Silly kitties!

Old 08-09-2014, 09:59 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I don't think Charlie would let me go near him with the zoom groom. He does not like to be brushed at all. Kitty Katty loves to be groomed and he is the one with short hair! Silly kitties!

My long-haired boy LOVES the Zoom Groom... he sits up on his haunces and begs for it!!

He also likes brushing with a soft wire brush I have... but I need a "denser" one I think to really
get some of his areas -- and if there were another person here I would dearly love to give him
a butt trim with scissors or a quiet clipplers -- but I'd need 4 hands! He does at least not put up too much of a fight when I go after him with toilet paper to clean up after a fresh "loose" deposit!

Any specific brand name/pet store recommendations on a brush to use after the Zoom Groom?

Many thanks! This is my former stray who used to live in the parking lot....he's been inside for 2.5 years now and I like to think he knows he has a very good life now! He's FIV+ and also "early megacolon" so
I give him Miralax in wet food 2x a day and also a Dulcolax tablet (per nice young vet) and we haven't had to go back for an enema there since last October! (A job best left to the professionals for sure!!) But occasionally the poop is a little looser and gets on said butt fur.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:20 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,611,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
he got a potty patch.
Glad that he did okay!

Just for general info, that's also called a "sanitary cut," just so you know another name for the procedure.

I have a fluffy kitty, too! She gets a daily brushing and it's about time that either I or the groomer do a little trimming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats