Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 09:47 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times

Advertisements

I was outside today and I saw a pretty kitty walk in front of my house so I went to the road to see her.....

She had no coller on,was very friendly and I loved being with her........ I started petting her and then i picked her up and hugged her..... I started crying like crazy cause I miss my kitty so much!! (She passed away a couple years ago) -- This kitty was just there for me today..... I dunno where she came from or whos she is...... I went out to eat and a couple hours later when i got home SHE WAS STILL AROUND!!

Oh my,i called to her and she came over to me,rubbing against me,etc........ I laid down on the ground and she laid next to me purring........ I didnt ever wanna get up!!!!!!!!! -- I was so happy.... I petted her fur,petted her bashful tail -- I gave her many kisses

I said to her "I hope I see you again little one" -- She was beautiful..... Kinda grayish fur.....

I LOVE KITTY CATS MORE THAN I CAN TELL ANYONE HERE!!

Meow!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,576,031 times
Hmmm....sounds like you are ready to adopt a cat friend. If you are interested in this particular cutie - why not scope out the neighborhood and see if she belongs to someone there - she should not be running around loose for safety's sake. Since she's so friendly she has obviously been socialized - maybe someone dumped her off, or she wandered off. Put up some posters and see if anybody claims her - after a reasonable time frame you could claim her as your own if nobody steps forward. Failing that - you could look into going to your local pet rescue and adopting a kitty who needs a good forever home. You can always tell other cat peoples how much you love kitties - we understand - and we love 'em too! Good luck to you and your little buddy.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 PM

Thank you for your kind words........ I do hope she has a home..... Not all cats are that friendly unfortunetly.......

Old 05-10-2014, 01:17 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,842,530 times
If this visitor shows up again while a local shelter or vet clinic is open, try to catch her and take her there. They can scan for a microchip to see whether she has one - then, if so, pull the owner's info and contact them. Any number of things can explain why she appeared, not only "it was meant to be" or "she found you." The possibility that she's an indoor cat who escaped - or an indoor/outdoor who wandered outside familiar territory - shouldn't be ruled out. Should there be no microchip you can then take her home with that off your conscience. But take a good pic of her and make "found cat" posters to cover all your bases. Tack them up on utility poles and in businesses at the very least. You can also go onto Web pages such as that of petfinder.com to see whether any feline matching her description has been reported missing.

Sad to say, all too many people treat pets as "disposable." They leave them behind when moving away. Female animals are dumped a good distance from home when they get pregnant - or when it's "too expensive" or "inconvenient" to spay.

I've experienced both sides of the scenario. My previous cat Weasie (1992-2012) loved nothing more than to tell sob stories to strangers she would purposely approach on the sidewalk. Even at times when she had a collar and tags on I'd get the phone calls: "She seemed hungry and looked lost..." though neither was the case. And on one occasion she really had gone astray, thrown off track by winter weather conditions and winding up in a neighborhood about a mile from home. Many are the tales I could tell about that cat. Only some are in the annals of this forum. Her final illness only led her to step up her game, because she knew her weight loss would help her plead her bogus case of starvation.
Blaliko, on the other hand, just materialized during the summer of 2011. Long story short - she was legitimately fending for herself, so wary of humans that I wasn't allowed within touching distance until the following May. Her early memories of people clearly weren't happy ones. This was so obvious that it came as no surprise when I got her chipped and it was her first.

Due to knowing full well how cats are con-game masters, I can't emphasize strongly enough that all due diligence must be exercised to rule out that the OP feline has one or more persons crazy with worry over where she is. She could just was easily be another Weasie as she could be on her own. Her sociability told me right off the bat that she's not another Blaliko.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:22 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,239,268 times
That's a sweet story, it reminds me of my aunt's cat, he was like that too. He never met a stranger, she said he golden retriever disguised as a cat

Perhaps it's time for you to get another kitty to love?

Old 05-10-2014, 07:40 AM

670 posts, read 1,044,658 times
Dude111, awwww...what a heartwarming story. I hope you see kitty again. Do you think you would consider adopting another kitty? There are a lot of loving ones at the shelters. Just go into a shelter. The kitties will just reach out to you to be petted. They seem to be yelling, "Pick me!"

A close friend of mine where I used to live just adopted a one-year-old cat...after telling me that she was not a "cat person" and would never own a cat. (I have two cats.) Now she tells me that she is so much in love with the cat and is talking baby talk to the cat. They give us so much unconditional love. =^..^=

Old 05-10-2014, 10:37 AM

I dunno if my mom and dad would let me!!! (My mother doesnt want anymore animals,its sad)

We still have 2 dogs and another cat but they are NOT LIKE my kitty was @ all..... The one dog (Both little dogs) barks @ me constantly,a pain in the ass........ The other little one I do get along with but I dont see her much....... And the kitty is feral I think,he is not friendly at all..........

I wouldnt mind getting another kitty cat,i just dont know if I could

Old 05-11-2014, 09:13 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,288,293 times
My mother "doesn't want anymore animals", often means, "I'm (She's) the only one feeding, cleaning up after, caring for/worrying about these animals and I don't need/want more work, obligations, responsibilties that suck up what little time I have left for myself.

If you think that might be the case, perhaps it's an opportunity for you to discuss ways you can help your mother feel appreciated, but you Have To follow through with Actions, continuous actions, not just for a few days or weeks.

If you already know there are things she would like you to do, do them [now], without being asked (again?) not Just to hopefully be able to have this, or another cat, but because it's the right thing to do. Generally, if mom's happy everyone is happier.

If find that this kitty has an owner, and hopefully she escaped instead of being let out, perhaps they will let you visit and play with her occasionally. You really shouldn't just let her roam around outside on her own.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:28 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,239,268 times
leansidhex, so true! I have that situation here and it's my brother who wanted another dog when we had to have our dog euthanized. We got a puppy and guess who has to care for it? You guessed it, ME! I love the pup but he's a Shibu mix and unknown to me they are called, 'the most cat like dog.' He's a handful to say the least. We have 3 cats, a wonderful dog and now this crazy pup who acts like a kitten - imagine a 35 pound kitten, jeez. He bounces around like one, pouncing on toys, annoying the cats and the older dog and generally acting like the toddler he is...getting into everything. If mom doesn't want more pets because she's the one who has to care for them I can empathize.

But as you also advise, it's unkind to allow the kitty to fend for herself. Most outdoor cats don't do well for long between diseases, road hazards and predators the world is a very dangerous place for them. Even in a place that's free from some of those dangers, i.e. where I live we don't have a 'road' just a parking lot, disease and predators abound. And then the elements are another concern, heat and cold can be brutal and if kitty finds shelter it may not be suitable.

You are a kind and caring man Dude so I'm sure you'll do your best for kitty =)

Old 05-12-2014, 06:19 PM

Smile *

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex
If find that this kitty has an owner, and hopefully she escaped instead of being let out, perhaps they will let you visit and play with her occasionally. You really shouldn't just let her roam around outside on her own.
I couldnt believe how friendly she is......... She came up on me and laid next to me.....She let me pick her up and when I was holding her,she looked at me!!! (I kissed her cheek a couple times (Right over her whiskers (Ah man!!)))

Im sure she could feel love coming from me......

I havent seen her outside again.......... When I was about to go inside,another neighbour picked her up and LET HER BOTTOM DANGLE!!!!! (No support under her) -- I wanted to yell @ the idiot and say that isnt a good way to hold her!!

When I picked her up,I supported her underneath (Otherwise they could be scared of being dropped,etc)

I LOVE NATURE................ I LOVE KITTY CATS!! (I think I love cats more than any other of Gods creatures)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats