Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2015, 02:43 PM

689 posts, read 2,057,705 times

Advertisements

We lived in Washington State for a few years and used a vet who didn't give a lot of vaccinations. When we were getting ready to move back to Oklahoma, I told him our kitty needed FVRCP in case we had to board her when we first got back here. He gave a shot but we didn't board the kitty after all. Now we're making a trip and we will be boarding her. I looked at the paperwork from her last vet visit in Washington and found that he gave her FD/CVR. Is that the same thing or should I go to our Oklahoma vet for the FVRCP? Thanks. Note from kitty...pleeeeeeeeeease tell her I don't need another one of those "shot" thingies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 04:10 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
I would say it is the same thing.

FVCRP is

FVR- Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis (feline herpes),

C- Calcivirus

P- Panleukopenia, which is also called distemper.

I think the other vet just has things a little weird

F would be Feline

D would be Distemper (Instead of P)

CVR would be Calcivirus and Viral Rhinotracheitis

You could do a titer if you really don't want to vaccinate again (and the boarding will accept titer). I wouldn't want to either.

Incidentally, FVRCP or however a vet wants to label it, IS a three year shot. So if it hasn't been three years yet she should be all set.

Last edited by catsmom21; 08-29-2015 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: to make it clearer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats