Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 10:36 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
My house is about half carpet, and half hard flooring. Many years ago my wife and I bought a package of little plastic balls with bell inside for our cats. We were soon asking ourselves the question "what were we thinking?". No alarm clock in the world can do a better job than a jingle ball on a hardwood floor at 3:00 in the morning. After a brief discussion about possibly suing the company that made the d**ned things, the human staff (my wife & I) went on strike, and managed to repossess them. We could sleep, & they eventually got over it. I think they're still locked away in a lock box somewhere.()
Lesson learned, and with the exception of an occasional bottle cap, all their toys have been the soft & furry variety.

I learned that lesson a LONG time ago when I had my first cat as an adult. 3a.m.: Jingle, jingle, jingle BAM!!!!! (as it hit the wall). Jingle, jingle, jingle BAM!!!! I said NEVER again. I think I do have some around here but they came in a Christmas stocking.

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 10:39 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'll tell you what most cats go crazy over...........those plastic rings that are around the tops of milk cartons ! I've never met a cat that doesn't love them. Even Lucky, who is not a super playful cat like that, goes crazy, flipping it up into the air and acting like a kitten again.

One time I moved the sofa to clean and found about a dozen of them under it.

Don

My Electra LOVES those things. However, the last one we gave her, she was "YOWLING" over it at 3 in the morning. My husband said, "That cat is possessed." I hated to take it away from her because I know she loved it so much but we need our sleep.

Cat

Old 09-05-2015, 01:26 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
My Electra LOVES those things. However, the last one we gave her, she was "YOWLING" over it at 3 in the morning. My husband said, "That cat is possessed." I hated to take it away from her because I know she loved it so much but we need our sleep.

Cat
Fortunately none of my cats has ever become that attached to any of their toys. But I know what you mean, when they sing the song of their people it can be quite unnerving and not compatible to human sleep patterns.

Last edited by catdad7x; 09-05-2015 at 01:39 PM..

Old 09-05-2015, 01:46 PM

1,400 posts, read 763,910 times
OP, problem solved. Stop throwing wine corks to the cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats