Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 02:51 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times

Advertisements

Is it horrible that I smiled when I saw the second pic?

I'm just picturing him sitting at a kitty bar with his buds regaling them about all of his adventures.

Yup, at least Thursday isn't too far off, and though he understandably doesn't like the cone, remember that it's for the greater good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 06:12 PM

457 posts, read 496,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Is it horrible that I smiled when I saw the second pic?

I'm just picturing him sitting at a kitty bar with his buds regaling them about all of his adventures.

Yup, at least Thursday isn't too far off, and though he understandably doesn't like the cone, remember that it's for the greater good.
I don't think it's horrible that you smiled at the pic. I can only imagine the tale that he would tell.

While I realize that the cone is for the greater good, try telling him that.

He has gotten an abundance of nuggles today as well as the expensive wet food.

He is resting on his heated bed as we speak, I think he'll make it.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla921 View Post

I'm sure he'll muddle on through.

(But, of course, not without upping the drama quotient. Gotta love cats! )

Old 12-15-2015, 07:48 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,919,942 times
Oh, what a trooper! Glad he's doing well. He wears the look quite well, I think. :-)

Old 12-15-2015, 01:29 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
I don't think it's horrible that you smiled at the pic. I can only imagine the tale that he would tell.

While I realize that the cone is for the greater good, try telling him that.

He's going to be fine, no doubt, as he's in good hands.

Of more concern however, would be all the nefarious retributions he's been plotting against you over the e-collar thing. But perhaps when Thursday rolls around he'll be so glad to be out of the collar that he'll forget all about it.

Hang in there Monkey.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Of more concern however, would be all the nefarious retributions he's been plotting against you over the e-collar thing. But perhaps when Thursday rolls around he'll be so glad to be out of the collar that he'll forget all about it.
This has crossed my mind. I mean some of the looks that I have received have been a little off putting. My plan is "out of sight, out of mind" for Thursday. I'll plead ignorance to any existence of an e-collar. "What collar? Here, eat some more food, Monkey."

Old 12-15-2015, 02:46 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
This has crossed my mind. I mean some of the looks that I have received have been a little off putting. My plan is "out of sight, out of mind" for Thursday. I'll plead ignorance to any existence of an e-collar. "What collar? Here, eat some more food, Monkey."
That will probably work, and food bribery can be quite effective to assuage those perceived injustices we inflict on them.

Use it myself fairly often.

Hope Monkey continues to do well post-op.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:25 PM

Don't look now........but somebody is loving life again.

He got a little obsessive while cleaning his face and scratching what I'm sure has to have been itching like crazy for a few days. I got a little freaked out because I saw a small amount of blood. I touched it with a tissue and nothing transferred. Perhaps, it was there ever since Monday when his stitches came out and his cleaning removed some scabs. And, also perhaps, now that his "lampshade of protection" has been removed and my paranoia has kicked in, I'm seeing worst case scenario. It seems fine and I will, of course, keep a close eye on him. Happy Thursday!

Enucleation (eye removal)-img_1257.jpg

Old 12-17-2015, 02:39 PM

OMG-- I love that photo. (I'll admit that I have a thing for orange kitties, but still...)

What you said about the blood reminds me of when my ball of crazy hound needed to have one of his toes amputated. When he jumped into the car after getting the stitches removed, I saw some blood on the seat. I went right back into the vet, "just to make sure this was normal". Of course it was- but, you know, when it's your little guy...

If that photo is any indication, he's gonna be absolutely fine.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:28 AM

3,972 posts, read 4,252,063 times
I am taking my beautiful boy to the vet today for a surgical consult. He has already seen the ophthalmologist, who advised us to go ahead with enucleation. A while back, he was in obvious discomfort and hiding all the time, not eating. His eye looked terrible. Vet said the lens had luxated (moved completely forward in the eye). Veterinary ophthalmologist said he had glaucoma and it looked like chronic uveitis had loosened the lens attachments.

The drops have mostly worked (eye pressure is good), but he still has days (anywhere from 1 day to 3 days) when he is clearly in pain and he hides and blinks that eye non-stop. The vet ophthalmologist said at most he can see shadows with that eye and he no longer has a pupillary reflex, so she thought it best to remove the eye. I agree and I am actually a little relieved, as I was getting stressed out, worrying every day if this would be one of those days where he was miserable. Still, I dread putting him through surgery. He is just a big, goofy sweetheart of a cat.

Our regular vet will be doing the surgery, because the university vet practice charges an arm and a leg for it.

I was wondering if anyone had a good story to tell, of a kitty who had the surgery and has been doing well for a long time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats