Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 12:51 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,305,742 times

Advertisements

Our cats used to wait till one of us finished our shower, and then would lick the water on the shower door when it opened.

Yicck!

Now our new house has no shower door - it's just open. So our cat Sheeza will wait patiently till we're done, then enter and lap up the water on the shower floor.

Blechh!

What's up with CATS and Water??

Does YOUR cat do anything strange with Water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 01:14 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,853 times
Not strange but I find it funny when she drinks from my water glass when I'm not looking

Old 12-22-2016, 02:18 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,014 times
I have heard that they prefer moving water over still water. Something about how moving water is more likely to be fresh in the wild.

They make cat water fountains you can buy. The fountains constantly circulate the water. I used to love using those (as did my cats), however now the youngest cat makes a mess with the fountain so we are back to a bowl.

I do let the faucet drip upstairs for 30 minutes or so every morning for my oldest cat who sits in the sink waiting for me. I change out each of the three water bowls the cats have at least once a day (sometimes twice if they ask nicely), but they are still drawn to dripping faucets and tubs and such.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:00 PM

3,975 posts, read 4,263,671 times
One of our cats, now deceased, used to wait until I got out of the shower and then lick the water off my lower legs. Eeek! It tickled like crazy. Nothing could dissuade him from doing that, so I had to close the door to make sure he couldn't get in until I was dried off and dressed.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:50 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,274,441 times
My baby likes hot "people flavored" bath water. Absolutely will not drink from a bowl or fountain. We turn on the faucet daily so he gets a good drink. Several times a week he likes to lap up my bath water while I'm in it. Cute but seriously weird!

Old 12-22-2016, 06:01 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
Not strange but I find it funny when she drinks from my water glass when I'm not looking
I like when they stick their whole head into the glass and looks all smushed from the outside.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:38 PM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
TwoStep insisted on using my glas. Now the cats have water stations with heavy duty scooner glasses. ShadowCat patiently waits until the shower is accessible. We do not use it - we are being reminded of our lack of consideration of her needs.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:26 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
I have heard that they prefer moving water over still water. Something about how moving water is more likely to be fresh in the wild.
I've heard that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
One of our cats, now deceased, used to wait until I got out of the shower and then lick the water off my lower legs. Eeek! It tickled like crazy. Nothing could dissuade him from doing that, so I had to close the door to make sure he couldn't get in until I was dried off and dressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4 View Post
My baby likes hot "people flavored" bath water. Absolutely will not drink from a bowl or fountain. We turn on the faucet daily so he gets a good drink. Several times a week he likes to lap up my bath water while I'm in it. Cute but seriously weird!
My "MIL" used to complain that whenever she took a bath, her cat would perch there and lick the water off of her skin. Drove her crazy. lol

Old 12-22-2016, 07:28 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,772,913 times
One of mine licks the shower water too.

The other is seriously terrified of running water; however, she will sleep in a dry sink bowl.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:38 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
Our cat will want to go out in the rain, sometimes hard rain, and stay out, sometimes for an hour. When she comes back she is soaking wet and I will actually have to take a towel to her. I watched her one time and she stays along the side of the house out of the direct hits but still gets wet.

Of course I know some cats can swim but I have never seen a cat do this type of thing before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats