Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 06:27 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,516,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla921 View Post
This was the other night at bedtime. This is the general feeding area of my owners

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they wanted *sarcasm*
Left to right - Monkey, Momo & Rusty

Trivia - which one is the troublemaker?
Is it the one with that wide-eyed innocent look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM

457 posts, read 497,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Is it the one with that wide-eyed innocent look?
As a matter of fact, yes, that's the one.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:54 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Default my kitties are gross, gross, gross ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Aww...Your girl Chloe looks a lot like my boy Monkey (pic of him trying to be Mr Handsome when he is a actually a crazy fool) and my boy Twinkles (pic of him sitting in his triangle that he loves. Twinkles has Cerebellar Hypoplasia so I think it helps control his shaking and uncontrollable motor movements when he is in it)! Jack looks like my boy Smokey (pic of him when he was a kitten in his crinkle tunnel)!

Love seeing everyone's photos!
NRaleighMom, your kitties are beautiful ... and my Chloe and Jack DO look like Monkey/Twinkles and Smokey, respectively! Twinkles fits very well in that triangle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tla921 View Post
This was the other night at bedtime. This is the general feeding area of my owners

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they wanted *sarcasm*
Left to right - Monkey, Momo & Rusty

Trivia - which one is the troublemaker?
tla921, it looks like they were having a secret kitty conference, LOL! But troublemakers? Really? They look so sweet! (Of course one doesn't preclude the other, does it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfour View Post
Just a little napping in between some rough play.
Dfour, your kitten is so adorable ... they always look like little angels when they're sleeping!

Well, I got a lovely surprise from mine today ... I noticed just before I went upstairs for the night last night that Chloe was standing vigilant in the living room, peering under a large cabinet I have in there and perking up at any little noise (of course I couldn't hear anything, but SHE apparently could). I thought, "Uh-oh." Today I got my coffee maker going (in the dining room), then went into the kitchen to start my scrambled egg whites. After a few minutes, I started to walk back into the dining room ... until I saw a mouse corpse right at the base of the table with the coffee maker.

Said corpse had not been there 5 minutes before, and there had been no "commotion" in that room (e.g. a cat chasing a mouse), so I think Chloe probably killed it in the living room last night, then after she saw me in the dining room near the coffee maker she brought it in there to show off her handiwork to me. (I am just grateful she didn't bring it upstairs last night and leave it outside the master bedroom!!)

I praised her to the skies (even though I felt like vomiting), then covered the corpse with a couple of plastic grocery bags before scooping it up with my gripper and disposing of it.

Chloe is the kitty who I got as a semi-feral kitten last December ... she lived outdoors for the first several weeks of her life, so it's not surprising that she is a good huntress. But !!

Old 07-31-2017, 04:24 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
NRaleighMom, your kitties are beautiful ... and my Chloe and Jack DO look like Monkey/Twinkles and Smokey, respectively! Twinkles fits very well in that triangle.

tla921, it looks like they were having a secret kitty conference, LOL! But troublemakers? Really? They look so sweet! (Of course one doesn't preclude the other, does it?)

Dfour, your kitten is so adorable ... they always look like little angels when they're sleeping!

Well, I got a lovely surprise from mine today ... I noticed just before I went upstairs for the night last night that Chloe was standing vigilant in the living room, peering under a large cabinet I have in there and perking up at any little noise (of course I couldn't hear anything, but SHE apparently could). I thought, "Uh-oh." Today I got my coffee maker going (in the dining room), then went into the kitchen to start my scrambled egg whites. After a few minutes, I started to walk back into the dining room ... until I saw a mouse corpse right at the base of the table with the coffee maker.

Said corpse had not been there 5 minutes before, and there had been no "commotion" in that room (e.g. a cat chasing a mouse), so I think Chloe probably killed it in the living room last night, then after she saw me in the dining room near the coffee maker she brought it in there to show off her handiwork to me. (I am just grateful she didn't bring it upstairs last night and leave it outside the master bedroom!!)

I praised her to the skies (even though I felt like vomiting), then covered the corpse with a couple of plastic grocery bags before scooping it up with my gripper and disposing of it.

Chloe is the kitty who I got as a semi-feral kitten last December ... she lived outdoors for the first several weeks of her life, so it's not surprising that she is a good huntress. But !!

The other night all three of mine were acting strange. They were in the kitchen looking under the stove. Josette looks under there all the time (along with under the door to the basement). But, Electra was also camped out in front of the stove. I KNEW. Then they all started running. Josette ran through the pantry (which is basically a hallway between the kitchen & living room. She jumped at her shadow which I thought was funny.

Then, when I was about ready to go upstairs both Elvira & Josette were camped out around the bathroom. I looked behind the bathroom door and sure enough. There was a little, itty, bitty mousie. It was SOOOO cute. I don't think I have ever seen such a tiny mouse before. Of course I though, Great. We have a family. But, I wanted to get a shot of it so I went to grab my camera. Just as soon as I turned it on, took the lens cap off, and was zooming in for the shot, Elvira pounced and the baby mouse took off. We think it went into a rug pad we had sitting behind the door. We decided to take it outside and put it on the porch. We HOPE the mouse left the pad because we brought it back in today when it began raining HARD. (We didn't want the pad to get wet because we plan to sell it.)

So, we came in from taking the pad out and we noticed Elvira was very interested in the fireplace. I told Hubby, there is another one. We moved the screen. There were logs in the fireplace and I told Hubby to move one. When he did, the mouse shot out and under the t.v. (we have a dinosaur console t.v.) Elvira went after it. I did get a glimpse of this one and it was a bit bigger. Well, we knew the girls were on duty so we went up to bed. We don't know what happened. We didn't see anything when we got up yesterday morning and they haven't been acting strange since so either the mouse got away or there maybe something for us to find. Hadn't looked behind the t.v. Maybe I should.

We have used to sonic thingies to keep the mice at bay, but I guess they aren't really working or we don't have enough of them.

Cat

Old 08-01-2017, 10:19 AM

838 posts, read 555,197 times
Let's see -- what are my sweeties up to today?

Well, Bolo has made friends with some critter on the other side of the window. Bolo asked if his new friend could come inside for a play date. Mom said No.

And Gracie, who isn't doing much of anything, finds that her long body is more comfortable on a bar stool rather than the 3 beds and 2 couches at her disposal.

Attached Thumbnails
what are your kitties up to today?  (PICS)-bolo.jpg   what are your kitties up to today?  (PICS)-lazygracie.jpg  

Old 08-01-2017, 10:28 AM

838 posts, read 555,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfour View Post
Just a little napping in between some rough play.

dfour, I just *had* to share a picture of Bolo when he was a little tot right about George's age. Your picture of him napping reminded me of one I had.

Attached Thumbnails
what are your kitties up to today?  (PICS)-img_20941.jpg  

Old 08-01-2017, 03:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
The other night all three of mine were acting strange. They were in the kitchen looking under the stove. Josette looks under there all the time (along with under the door to the basement). But, Electra was also camped out in front of the stove. I KNEW. Then they all started running. Josette ran through the pantry (which is basically a hallway between the kitchen & living room. She jumped at her shadow which I thought was funny.

Then, when I was about ready to go upstairs both Elvira & Josette were camped out around the bathroom. I looked behind the bathroom door and sure enough. There was a little, itty, bitty mousie. It was SOOOO cute. I don't think I have ever seen such a tiny mouse before. Of course I though, Great. We have a family. But, I wanted to get a shot of it so I went to grab my camera. Just as soon as I turned it on, took the lens cap off, and was zooming in for the shot, Elvira pounced and the baby mouse took off. We think it went into a rug pad we had sitting behind the door. We decided to take it outside and put it on the porch. We HOPE the mouse left the pad because we brought it back in today when it began raining HARD. (We didn't want the pad to get wet because we plan to sell it.)

So, we came in from taking the pad out and we noticed Elvira was very interested in the fireplace. I told Hubby, there is another one. We moved the screen. There were logs in the fireplace and I told Hubby to move one. When he did, the mouse shot out and under the t.v. (we have a dinosaur console t.v.) Elvira went after it. I did get a glimpse of this one and it was a bit bigger. Well, we knew the girls were on duty so we went up to bed. We don't know what happened. We didn't see anything when we got up yesterday morning and they haven't been acting strange since so either the mouse got away or there maybe something for us to find. Hadn't looked behind the t.v. Maybe I should.

We have used to sonic thingies to keep the mice at bay, but I guess they aren't really working or we don't have enough of them.

Cat
Oh heck, Cat, just do what I do and stick with the old fur, fang, & claw technology. Sometimes some messy clean-up needed, but usually works every time. And you don't have to plug em in, or buy batteries.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:23 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post

Silly human. Chloe was helping you prepare breakfast.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Oh heck, Cat, just do what I do and stick with the old fur, fang, & claw technology. Sometimes some messy clean-up needed, but usually works every time. And you don't have to plug em in, or buy batteries.

I have 2 huntresses but they don't "take care of them." They just play with them. There have been a few mornings where they had been tormenting one all night long. The poor thing was so tired. I was able to catch it and put it outside. Hubby has killed a few (he stomps on them) which I don't like. I keep trying to convince him to catch them and put them outside. Yeah, I have a soft heart for these intruders. That's why I like those sonic thingies. It doesn't kill them-just keeps them away-at least that is what they are SUPPOSED to do.

Cat

Old 08-03-2017, 11:49 AM

This morning, Hubby went to the store and I jumped into the shower. Since I was in the house alone, I started to sing my lungs out. Then I hear a meow. I THOUGHT it was Electra (my most vocal cat). I looked out of the shower to see Josette sitting at the doorway of the bathroom (we never close the door unless we have company). She was just sitting there meowing like a real cat (something she doesn't do). Why? Did she like my singing or just critiquing it? Did he dislike it and wanted me to stop? Was she trying to join in? I haven't a clue.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats