Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 01:47 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
No it's ringworm and the medication that the vet gave me was liquid to apply directly on him. I think it was burning him. He was hissing at us. We couldn't confine him. I found something that I can spray on a cloth and wipe him down WHEN he lets me get him and spray on his bed. His hair is growing back and the flaky skin is gone.

So far BF and I have been fine and my other cat. I constantly look at Henry's coat and skin. When I say Jack stays away from us he was like that for two weeks. He would sit by the window, in the sun. It has been a week that he has been around us more and more.

We do play with him.
As others have advised, you need to continue the medication for the ringworm. I seriously doubt that the topical med is burning the skin. Cats do not like to feel a drop of "wet" on their skin, and may become indignant and hiss & growl a little in their best 'drama queen' impression. This might be especially true for a young kitten who's never been medicated before, or handled much. Cats and kittens live in the moment, and whatever indignities you have to put them through will quickly be forgotten. That's especially true with young kittens. Their memories, right along with their attention spans, are rather short.

Oh, and good luck with your new owner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 12:49 PM

444 posts, read 387,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
As others have advised, you need to continue the medication for the ringworm. I seriously doubt that the topical med is burning the skin. Cats do not like to feel a drop of "wet" on their skin, and may become indignant and hiss & growl a little in their best 'drama queen' impression. This might be especially true for a young kitten who's never been medicated before, or handled much. Cats and kittens live in the moment, and whatever indignities you have to put them through will quickly be forgotten. That's especially true with young kittens. Their memories, right along with their attention spans, are rather short.

Oh, and good luck with your new owner.
We are still giving him the medicine, when we catch him. Still waiting for the oral meds from the vet that we hope to pick up on Friday. We are going to see if he is well enough vaccinated.
He really is a panther. And yes we are his new owner, LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats