Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 12:42 AM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
Can you post a picture of that bin? Or a link to the one you bought? I also have the best luck putting the carrier on end and putting my cat into it butt first.

Jorge: N-O, tabbies are normal nice cats. Your cat is afraid of the vet.
I'll say! That vet is terrorizing that poor cat. And using a net? That vet is an idiot . Run from that "vet".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
I had one who got down the rythym of human conversation. She'd start nicely a few 'words'. I'd answer in like kind. She'd continue speaking with me answering as her sentences got a little longer. Then her sentences got shorter and shorter as did my responses. Then she had a final "yah" and that was that for the moment. We had had a nice talk.
That is so cute . The black stray I recently took in tries to communicate with lowly me. We meow back, and forth. I should try, and do it the same as she does in response. I know we are talking about something very important, but I have no idea what, lol. I think she is humoring me.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I told the guy, who was testing all the functions, to open the DVD drawer and the cat would run over and push it in (it's a great source of enjoyment for her) and he said to her We could have a lot of fun together and she seemed to agree, so it went from there.
I love this forum . That was so adorable. That guy is marriage material if he could get hooked up with another cat fan . He has the right stuff, lol.

I wonder how much cat hair is inside the DVD drawer, hehe. I think my computer is full of it.

Last edited by mlulu23; 05-29-2018 at 01:28 AM..

Old 05-30-2018, 02:39 AM

853 posts, read 648,447 times
Thank you for your comments. The cat is living with my wife in southern Mexico. There vets are not used to treat cats because people don't bother to take cats to the vet. You would be surprised that cat owners even don't sterilize cats, even some can't feed cats. I think our cat was one of them, simply appeared in front of our house, was sick with worms in her stomach and hungry. My intention is to bring the cat to Madrid, Spain, I think we have more competent vets here. Besides we have a lot of feral cats in this city, is more common to see people with cats going to vets, well fed and treated and vets are more familiar with any kind of cats, even feral cats.

The cat is not bad at home, only at vet but she loves my wife is always with her and they sleep in the same bed, usually purrs when touched and we fed her with Royal Canin, I think the cat deserves a life, because would have died in the streets, I know what I mean, was hungry sick and in a city with feral dogs that means predators.

Last edited by Jorge ChemE; 05-30-2018 at 03:41 AM..

Old 05-30-2018, 05:46 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,516,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge ChemE View Post
Thank you for your comments. The cat is living with my wife in southern Mexico. There vets are not used to treat cats because people don't bother to take cats to the vet. You would be surprised that cat owners even don't sterilize cats, even some can't feed cats. I think our cat was one of them, simply appeared in front of our house, was sick with worms in her stomach and hungry. My intention is to bring the cat to Madrid, Spain, I think we have more competent vets here. Besides we have a lot of feral cats in this city, is more common to see people with cats going to vets, well fed and treated and vets are more familiar with any kind of cats, even feral cats.

The cat is not bad at home, only at vet but she loves my wife is always with her and they sleep in the same bed, usually purrs when touched and we fed her with Royal Canin, I think the cat deserves a life, because would have died in the streets, I know what I mean, was hungry sick and in a city with feral dogs that means predators.
Well, that makes some sense then about the vet and the net. No wonder the poor cat is afraid there. I'm glad you and your wife found her and took her in. She sounds like a good cat and I know you care for her since you often ask questions. I hope she makes it to Madrid for that good life and vet treatment. I agree she deserves a life if she's such a companion to your wife. They are full of love, cats, but you have to live with one to understand that.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:

My best regards to you guys, and your little girl cat. I agree that they treat animals poorly down there. While I have never been to southern Mexico I was reading an ex-pat blog for the Yucatan Peninsula a few years ago. There was a section on all the abandoned dogs down there running around unloved fending for themselves, starving, and having puppies. It's just terrible. And from what you say it's the same with kitties too. I think it reflects badly on a people when they disregard their animals . Your little girl probably thinks she died, and went to heaven because you treat her so good.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:14 AM

853 posts, read 648,447 times
Thank you for your comments. This is a recent pic of Lila, taken by my wife this morning:

I don't think is a wild cat, LOL.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:27 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,639,596 times
I haven’t read the whole thread so maybe already suggested. Try dosing with gabapentin before hand. We have a little rescue that is the same way...does NOT want to leave the house.

http://www.dvm360.com/sites/default/...-dogs_cats.pdf

Old 06-02-2018, 11:06 AM

6,150 posts, read 4,516,808 times
Maybe you could ask a vet in Madrid what they would recommend to calm the cat and then you could see if your wife can either get it or ask the vet down there to get it in a cat-sized dose.

And no, she looks like a nice cat, not wild at all. Any animal will behave savagely if they're frightened.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Thank you for your comments. This is a recent pic of Lila, taken by my wife this morning:

I don't think is a wild cat, LOL.
As a side note, and you may already know this, Orange Tabby female cats are quite rare (and special). The orange males I've known were all very laid-back friendly & loving. Don't know if the orange girls are the same way or not. Perhaps they are.
Lila is certainly a pretty girl. I wish you the best of luck getting her to a vet. Cats have to be handled differently, and the vet & assistants have to know how to do it properly. Lila may remember her previous bad experience, but maybe that will improve if you can take to a better vet when you get her home. Some cats are hard to take to the vet under the best of circumstances, and I'm hoping Lila isn't one of them. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats