Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 04:21 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times

Advertisements

I always enjoy seeing people's misconceptions about cats being changed. This little video (advertisement) is a good example.

https://youtu.be/PguJ7FqbMbI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 07:57 PM

6,150 posts, read 4,519,654 times
I watched the next one, too, where they send two non-cat ladies to work in a cat cafe. Same outcome.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:19 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
^
Yeah that was a nice one, too.

I had a room mate once who hated cats. There was this neighborhood cat who used to stop by once in a while and go to our front porch where it sought my attention, and I always thought it was weird the way this room mate was practically afraid of the thing. He'd be, like, "Shoo! Go away!" Great room mate, but funny how he hated cats. Though, I think his hatred of cats would extend to, he wouldn't be above hurting one. One time we were driving through the Cascade mountains, and we ran over something on the road, and he said, "Good, I hope it was a cat!"

Old 07-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
^
Yeah that was a nice one, too.

I had a room mate once who hated cats. There was this neighborhood cat who used to stop by once in a while and go to our front porch where it sought my attention, and I always thought it was weird the way this room mate was practically afraid of the thing. He'd be, like, "Shoo! Go away!" Great room mate, but funny how he hated cats. Though, I think his hatred of cats would extend to, he wouldn't be above hurting one. One time we were driving through the Cascade mountains, and we ran over something on the road, and he said, "Good, I hope it was a cat!"
That's a typical human character flaw..... having kill whatever we fear, don't like, or understand instead of just leaving it alone. Maybe someday we'll evolve past that.
Hope you and that roommate parted company.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:19 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,301 times
When I lived in a townhouse, the woman in the adjacent unit had a small dog that passed away after a few years. Because of trouble she’d had getting the dog outside for it’s business (she was a psychiatric nurse, somewhat irregular hours) she decided to try cats. She got two and was completely floored. She was under the impression, as so many are, that cats have no personality. The one was a little chunky Calico female and EVERYONE was her friend, very social, outgoing. The other was a beautiful long hair that was very timid and reserved. She was completely fascinated by how different they were.

I’ve never understood people who hate an animal for being what it cannot help but be. I’ve had cats and dogs as companions. They’re both nice, they’re different. I just don’t understand the hate.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:44 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,547,135 times
Huh ?? Who "hates", the lady in your above post ?

Old 07-08-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That's a typical human character flaw..... having kill whatever we fear, don't like, or understand instead of just leaving it alone. Maybe someday we'll evolve past that.
Hope you and that roommate parted company.
He was actually a great roommate, just had that one odd characteristic about him.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Huh ?? Who "hates", the lady in your above post ?
If you're talking about JB007's post, it was a roommate of hers.

Quote:
He was actually a great roommate, just had that one odd characteristic about him.
Sounds more like a phobia. Doesn't matter though, as long as he didn't act on it.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
If you're talking about JB007's post, it was a roommate of hers.
James Bond is a guy.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
James Bond is a guy.
Please accept my apology. No excuses, I should have done my homework.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats