Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 07:27 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times

Advertisements

My 6 cats cry for their treats every morning, after they have had their breakfast. Whatever is in the Friskies treats, it seems to be addictive....they love them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2022, 08:13 AM

7,106 posts, read 4,828,236 times
My cat would never touch treats. He would also vomit anytime I tried to change his kibble from Purina to anything else. He would never eat canned food, either, just lick the gravy off of it.

We raised him from a 7 week old to the age of 18. He was just a very picky eater, no matter what I tried.

Occasionally he would lower himself to eating tiny shreds of raw chicken breast if I offered him that while I was preparing a meal. Other times he’d turn up his nose and look at me like I was crazy.

Old 12-27-2022, 11:39 AM

496 posts, read 327,466 times
My 3 cats all like these lickable treats - https://www.chewy.com/fussie-cat-tun...hoCBuoQAvD_BwE

The best cat food has multiple animal proteins in the ingredient list. I would avoid all of the brands in the grocery store if possible, as most of them only have one or two animal proteins listed before the fillers like chickpeas and lentils (which are not in a cat's natural diet).

If you want to see a brand with a great list of ingredients, check out Orijen.

Old 01-18-2023, 02:24 PM

27,229 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Ok so clearly it wasn't the treats. I moved her to Purina One Sensitive Formula dry kibble supplemented separately with the Meow Mix wet food about two weeks ago, minus any treats and the vomiting ceased. Last night out of nowhere it started up again and again just now, with just the dry food coming up. Is there something in the dry food causing a slow burn toward vomiting or is this psychological..??? Flummoxed.

Old 01-18-2023, 02:27 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,585,079 times
You need to get your cat off of all kibble. That is most likely the cause of the vomiting. Kibble causes a lot of damage to cats' digestive systems. At 10 years old the damage may be too advanced for much improvement, without going to a raw diet, but the first step is to get her onto an all wet diet. Once she's all wet, you will want to improve the quality of the wet foods you are feeding.

Get rid of the kibble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats